User Reviews for Diclegis

Learn more about Diclegis.

Diclegis Rating Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 4 medications used in the treatment of Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy.

Reviews for Diclegis to treat Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy

"I had extreme nausea, couldn't keep water down much less any kind of food. I tried 4 different medications before the diclegis. Only one of those 4 worked but I felt so drugged and I was slurring my words. I'm extremely tired with the diclegis but I can keep some food and water down. I'm taking 2 at night, 1 in the morning and 1 at noon. My house is messy a lot and my 2 year old sometimes wears pajamas all day because I'm so tired. It's not a perfect medicine but it's better than not being able to walk across the room without almost fainting and going to the ER once a week for IV fluids and nutrition."

Kivkin (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2016

"I had morning sickness since I was 8 weeks pregnant. Ichad my first ObGyn visit at 12 weeks, in 4 Weeks I lost 11lbs. :-( I felt miserable. I did not know there was medication to prevent Nausea... My doctor prescribed Diclegis... I started 2 pills before sleeping, 1 pill in the morning, and another in the afternoon. It was magic and amazing. When I reached 20 weeks, i started feeling sick again, Nauseous and Dizziness, and Shaking. I thought maybe I was doing overdose, I went down to 1 pill at night to sleep and I feel GREAT ALL DAY!!! Amazing... And I am currently 26 weeks and I still use it because I skipped one day and I felt horrible. Tip: if you skip or miss a pill at night, take one at anytime and you will feel better. I love Diclegis"

AlanniAlejandra (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2016

"My co-worker (who is also pregnant) suggested that I ask my doctor to prescribe Diclegis for me if I ever experienced nausea at any point in my pregnancy. I was sure I wasn't going to experience any of that until I hit week 7 & OH! I was in for a rude awakening. My nausea became horrible from day to day until I asked my doctor to prescribe something for my nausea. Of course, Diclegis was the medicine prescribed. After taking two at bed-time the first night, I didn't feel at all nauseated the next morning, therefore I didn't feel the need to take the morning dose. Now, only if I feel nauseated in the morning time, I'll take my morning dose (1tablet) and continue on with my day. The only downside? Diclegis can cause drowsiness."

New Mommy-To-Be 2016 January 30, 2016

"At first the diclegis seemed to work somewhat. I was no longer vomiting though I was still gagging at times but I was glad to be able to keep my food down. However now I'm on my 2nd trimester at nearly 14 weeks and taking 3 a day and the nausea is on and off all day, the gagging is intense, and I have even thrown up a few times. I'm not sure what is going on, the doctor even took me off my prenatals to help the nausea and nothing seems to work. I was planing on decreasing my dose soon and getting off the medication as I'm still skeptical and concerned on the long term affects it could have on my baby. This medication also makes me very sleepy all day. Makes it really hard to wake up at 5am for work."

0252 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 26, 2016

"Best medication ever! I started taking it at 9 weeks after loosing 10lbs I'm on my 17 wks and tried to stop it for one day to limit the use but the nausea is still going So I guess I'll keep using this medication because is the only thing that seems to help. 100% with only 2 tablets at night"

100%help January 15, 2016

"Dealing with HG with all my pregnancies this is my 3rd and Diclegis is absolutely life saver. I'm afraid skipping a day to see if it's actually the pill or a good pregnancy. I went from throwing up 40x a day with my last pregnancy to one or none! I hope it'll help with heart burn also then it will be a 10 lol. Now it will make you sleepy and hard to get up the next morning another reason I'm giving it a 8 but I'm now 12 weeks and it's actually not getting me too sleepy any more as my body getting immune to it."

TifY January 3, 2016

"This is my first pregnancy and have been in the hospital twice and I'm only 8 weeks. I have never been so sick in my entire life, one day I vomited for 16 hours every 15.minutes. Finally this was prescribed to me and I started the night I was discharged and I have not even felt sick one bit. I was doing over the counter b6 and unisom but it did not seem to work for some reason. This pill is amazing and I would recommend it to anyone else who is suffering as bad as I did."

meg1024 January 2, 2016

"I have taken Diclegis for about a month now and it has been great for me. Just makes Me sleepier than ever ..but I can eat and that's what I needed considering I am already thin as it is.. This medicine has been a life saver even though I am having concerns if it will harm baby which had made me resort to just one a day.. Also the pharmacy told me the bottle was 700$ out of pocket.. Yikes.. I'm surviving off samples from office. Thank goodness!"

AARespiratory (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2015

"My morning sickness started around 6 weeks and by week 7 I was vomiting up to 40 times a day and ended up in the hospital due to dehydration. I was given Zofran through an IV, but the minute it wore off I would be sick again. I was going to the hospital every 3 days for the IV and Zofran, then I started on Diclegis and my world got better. I was still vomiting, but that went down to 2-3 times a day which was bearable. I didn't notice any other side effects. I was able to return to work and remained on Diclegis for the next 4 months."

terpreg (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2015

"I first took it and felt great for about 5 days. However, slowly I started feeling sick again. Now I'm back to throwing up twice a day and can't eat hardly anything. I don't know if it would be worse with the medication so I keep taking it."

Sick still (taken for less than 1 month) November 25, 2015

"Overall diclegis has definitely reduced my nausea, so that I don't want to die 24/7. I can still notice the nausea some, especially when it gets closer to the next dosage. I am on 4 a day. It took two days to lessen the nausea, and I've still been vomitting once a day on average, and holding more back. I still need to keep stomach full, but at least I can drink sips of water and eat some food, other than only toast. The first three days I was a zombie. Now I can stay awake with caffeine in morning, a nap in afternoon. I don't know if i can return to work because I am so sleepy, which is the major negative. I was also constipated the first several days. I hate taking medicine, but i have two children to care for and was getting dehydrated."

Pregnancy #3 (taken for less than 1 month) November 23, 2015

"So I took Diclegis for the first time last night after my doctor prescribed it. My first pregnancy I was sick for all nine months, multiple times a day. I am not almost seven weeks with my second, and the nausea and vomiting is starting again. I took the pill around 7pm which may have been a little too early. I did notice about an hour after taking the pill I did get some slight chest pains but nothing too serious. I slept like a baby all night, only getting up once to use the bathroom around 5am. The reason I gave the drug a rating of 7/10 is because of how I am feeling this morning. I have not had any nausea or vomiting, and have actually been able to eat a decent breakfast this morning. I am however stuck in this constant fog."

RamonaJune November 17, 2015

"Ok so I had very bad morining sickness with my other kids that's was horrible. my sickness lasted all day even lost 15 pounds "

Mommy of 4 baby #5 (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2015

"I was prescribed this by my Obgyn and began the medicine as instructed with 2 at night & 1 the next morning. I woke up in the morning feeling angry and frustrated and was taking it out on my 2 year old & husband. I continued about my morning and took my daughter to daycare & realize something was not right about me. I was dizzy and feeling groggy and irritated. I was out of it for the rest of the day. I discontinued using the medicine and call my Obgyn the next day who told me I had a bad reaction to medicine. Bad stuff for me and now still living with the nausea and sickness vs feeling all of that from the medicine."

Mommy 2nd time around November 7, 2015

"I was completely disabled by my nausea. I had zero appetite, simple tasks seemed impossible and went 2 weeks without working. At approx 7 weeks my doctor prescribed Diclegis. I must say I was extremely hesitant but after another week of constant nausea I decided I would give in. The change has been miraculous. I can sleep better, have an appetite (limited to salty or sour things only) and nausea almost completely gone. After a few weeks or taking Diclegis, I decided to test not taking one night and spent a full day in bed with nausea and not being able to eat. Later that night I took my 2 pills again and next day feeling absolutely wonderful. This medication is a life saver."

YmendeZ October 30, 2015

"I took two of these pills and went into a full on RAGE for 6 straight hours. I couldn't control my emotions, my eyelids kept twitching, I felt like I was pumped full of anti-depressants and was in a cross-eyed fog. My nausea was definitely gone considering all the new horrible feelings I was enduring. The nurse said to "give it time". I have a two year old - I don't have a week or even a few days to be fueled by hatred and impatience. This medicine is horrible. Don't take it unless you want to experience extreme mood swings and irritability."

Raging Rachel (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2015

"This medication was horrible! I don't take medication to begin with but agreed with the doctor on this one because my nausea was so bad. I slept for 17 hours straight, when i finally woke up i was weak and hallucinating. On top of that I felt extremely depressed , negative and suicidal. Which is absolutely not like me, I am a very chipper happy person and I've never suffered from depression or suicidal thoughts. I live a very healthy fulfilling life and for a medication to do that to someone should not be sold on the market. I really did not like this medication though it did take the nausea away the other symptoms that came with it were not worth it. If I could rate this medication with a negative number I would. Going to stick to myginger"

Miss sue September 18, 2015

"I have been so sick since becoming pregnant, vomiting several times per day. Initially, I was given zofran, but the minute it would wear off I'd start vomiting again. My Dr switched me to Diclegis a few days ago and I feel great! No vomiting, No nausea, and I'm not worried about the potential problems that extended use of zofran could cause anymore. "

Lyndirae September 8, 2015

"This medication is the only medication on the market that has allowed me to live my normal life. I started taking it around twelve weeks pregnant because I was losing weight rapidly and couldn't even keep sips of water down. At first I had to take two at night and one in the morning to function. I am now fourteen weeks and have been getting by on only two a day. I tried not taking any at all today and I was great up until 9pm then I got so sick I threw my whole dinner up....unexpectedly. Immediately took two pills and now I feel much better. The only downside is how expensive this medication is. It cost me 186 per bottle of 100."

Ebragg August 24, 2015

"I'm pregnant with twins and after 6 weeks I started having severe nausea and at 10 weeks the vomiting came along my doctor prescribed diclegis.. It works the only downfall is the after taste....I have this horribly bitter taste in my mouth. I don't even know which is better the nausea or the bitter taster"

Naiseria August 23, 2015

"This medication works wonders! I can take it without having to eat something before which was so helpful considering I couldn't hold any food down! I lost more than 20 lbs due to vomiting and nausea. And getting into a moving vehicle was the worse! I take one in the morning and I feel good all day! I love it so much, life saver."

kim0616 August 23, 2015

"I lost 15 lbs due to nausea and vomiting since my 7th week of pregnancy. I was vehemently against taking any medication, but after I researched this medication I felt that it was as safe as a medication can be during pregnancy. I was at risk of losing my baby due to the significant weight loss, so I am grateful for this safe, completely effective medication. It is working for me at the lowest dose, and I feel I should buy stock in the company selling this wonderful drug. I am able to eat, drink, and maintain a normal lifestyle after weeks of misery. I highly recommend this drug if the traditional methods of managing NVP are not effective for you. I was lucky enough to receive samples from my OBGYN, so I cannot say anything as to cost."

Colleen37212 August 3, 2015

"Best,best, drug ever.first time in my life to feel this relief while pregnant.no more N/V,no more morning sickness.just to feel this relief is a blessing. Thanks to diclegis"

raly (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2015

"I have been taking Diclegis for 2 weeks now and I feel amazing. Taking 3 pills a day seems to be the magic dose for me. I previously tried Zofran which helped minimally but I was still nauseous and vomiting violently a few times throughout the day. I work full time so I really needed something more effective so my doctor recommended I try Diclegis. Two thumbs up, just a little pricey."

First Baby (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2015

"I started taking diclegis at 7 weeks (was totally against medicine, but the nausea was unbearable). I was so glad I did try it because it worked like magic. Huge difference the following day if I didn't take it at night. It also helped with my moodiness and over sensitivity to smell. 11 weeks later, I am discontinuing use of it - hoping I can manage the symptoms myself. I did not get side effects at first, but about 9-10 weeks into taking it (16-17 weeks of pregnancy), I started to lose sleep at night and stay tired all day. Since not taking diclegis, I can sleep at night now. I think my body just got used to it and started to react with hyperactivity. Also noticed reduced fetal movement while taking it versus not."

Raja222 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2015