User Reviews for Diclegis

Learn more about Diclegis.

Diclegis Review Summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 3 medications used in the treatment of Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy.

Reviews for Diclegis to treat Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy

"This medication is the only medication on the market that has allowed me to live my normal life. I started taking it around twelve weeks pregnant because I was losing weight rapidly and couldn't even keep sips of water down. At first I had to take two at night and one in the morning to function. I am now fourteen weeks and have been getting by on only two a day. I tried not taking any at all today and I was great up until 9pm then I got so sick I threw my whole dinner up....unexpectedly. Immediately took two pills and now I feel much better. The only downside is how expensive this medication is. It cost me 186 per bottle of 100."

Ebragg August 24, 2015

"I'm pregnant with twins and after 6 weeks I started having severe nausea and at 10 weeks the vomiting came along my doctor prescribed diclegis.. It works the only downfall is the after taste....I have this horribly bitter taste in my mouth. I don't even know which is better the nausea or the bitter taster"

Naiseria August 23, 2015

"This medication works wonders! I can take it without having to eat something before which was so helpful considering I couldn't hold any food down! I lost more than 20 lbs due to vomiting and nausea. And getting into a moving vehicle was the worse! I take one in the morning and I feel good all day! I love it so much, life saver."

kim0616 August 23, 2015

"I lost 15 lbs due to nausea and vomiting since my 7th week of pregnancy. I was vehemently against taking any medication, but after I researched this medication I felt that it was as safe as a medication can be during pregnancy. I was at risk of losing my baby due to the significant weight loss, so I am grateful for this safe, completely effective medication. It is working for me at the lowest dose, and I feel I should buy stock in the company selling this wonderful drug. I am able to eat, drink, and maintain a normal lifestyle after weeks of misery. I highly recommend this drug if the traditional methods of managing NVP are not effective for you. I was lucky enough to receive samples from my OBGYN, so I cannot say anything as to cost."

Colleen37212 August 3, 2015

"Best,best, drug ever.first time in my life to feel this relief while pregnant.no more N/V,no more morning sickness.just to feel this relief is a blessing. Thanks to diclegis"

raly (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2015

"I have been taking Diclegis for 2 weeks now and I feel amazing. Taking 3 pills a day seems to be the magic dose for me. I previously tried Zofran which helped minimally but I was still nauseous and vomiting violently a few times throughout the day. I work full time so I really needed something more effective so my doctor recommended I try Diclegis. Two thumbs up, just a little pricey."

First Baby (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2015

"I started taking diclegis at 7 weeks (was totally against medicine, but the nausea was unbearable). I was so glad I did try it because it worked like magic. Huge difference the following day if I didn't take it at night. It also helped with my moodiness and over sensitivity to smell. 11 weeks later, I am discontinuing use of it - hoping I can manage the symptoms myself. I did not get side effects at first, but about 9-10 weeks into taking it (16-17 weeks of pregnancy), I started to lose sleep at night and stay tired all day. Since not taking diclegis, I can sleep at night now. I think my body just got used to it and started to react with hyperactivity. Also noticed reduced fetal movement while taking it versus not."

Raja222 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2015

"I am thirteen weeks pregnant and have been taking this medicine since 6 weeks. At first I didn't notice any difference but one day my nausea disappeared. Completely! I thought that the medicine had nothing to do with it since I was sick for Two weeks while taking it. 3 times I have forgotten to take it l and spent the following day puking. This medicine has given me my life back. I have two younger kids at home and I don't have the time to be sick."

Housewife430 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2015

"I want to throw a ticker tape parade for the manufacturers of this medicine. It changed my life. I'm 13 weeks and was flat on my back gagging all day every day. I tried all the tricks and nothing worked until I tried this. I am back in the land of the living and hoping to regain the 10 lbs I lost in the 1st trimester. I did A LOT of research and there is nothing that indicates that this medicine causes any problems whatsoever for baby. It is probably the best researched medicine on the market to date. Emily Oster's book Expecting Better has a nice explanation for why it was pulled in the US (but not UK or Canada) for 30 yrs."

ksocks47 (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2015

"I'm 4 months along with my second child. This pregnancy is very different from the last. I never had such bad nausea, vomiting and dry heaving. I'm taking thus medicine in an as needed basis. So far I need one pill at night and another about mid morning. The original prescription said one morning, one mid day and two at night. I did that once and slept until 2 pm the next day. That's not healthy either. The only complaint I have is the cost. It ran $178.53 for us. A cost that wasn't expected but when Phenergren and Zofran isn't working....you give in. Just as every OTC or prescription, there are side effects. For me the benefit outweighs the risk. Try to stay away from medication until at least 13 wks."

2nd baby (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2014

"I started taking this medication three weeks ago and it works great for morning sickness but they don't tell you the risks they say it is safe for both you and the baby yet I started having severe chest and back pain and had blood work done over and over and they told me I was fine but I hadn't had a bowel movement in almost two weeks and I was in so much pain I couldn't get out of bed......but i found out it was the reason for all my problems, restless sleep, chest pain, back pain, not being able to stand or take care of my children it was not worth the pain and the suffering and imagine what you baby is going through if your in all that pain. There is a reason it was off the market for 30 years."

Mrs.Dupre (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2013

"I have always had horrible morning sickness. This time around I am pregnant with twins and it was much worse. I started the medication and it stopped the ache of nausea all the time! The bad is it did stop the nausea but I had no signs when I was going to throw up. So you randomly throw up without knowing your stomach is upset..not fun at All. The bad thing is with the co-pay with my insurance was $160, so very pricy but worth it."

vanessa3427 June 3, 2013