User Reviews for Marinol

Learn more about Marinol.

AIDS Related Wasting 1 reviews 6 medications

Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced 6 reviews 47 medications

9.3
Anorexia 3 reviews 8 medications

7.8
Summary of Marinol reviews 10 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Marinol

Review by lucas1828 (taken for less than 1 month):

I've had chronic pancreatitis for about 7 years. I've struggled with nausea and vomiting for so long. Reglan, Scopolamine, Phenargan, Zofran I've been on all of them. Yes they worked at first but Marinol is best for me. For the first time in years I'm not sick! I don't have appetite like some do, it does make me giddy for an hour or 2 but I'm finally not sick at my stomach!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 9, 2014 3:41 PM

Review by krbsshguy:

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: Ask you doctor to prescribe Marinol(dronainol) to cure you of your MAJOR Nausea problem. If you are taking large doses of medicines for CANCER OR HIV/AIDS then you probably get nauseous A LOT! We all know that its hard to get anything done when you are nauseated all day. This medicine is a game changer and a life saver. I would go as far as to say that this is a miracle. I'm still in shock how well it is helping my nausea since nothing I ever took before helped as much as this medicine!

August 16, 2013 1:42 AM

Review by Gensanwil (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anorexia: I lost my appetite when I was diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis. I take 5mg twice a day. My stomach has to be completely empty in order to feel the effects of the pill. Even with a bowl of ice cream or a milkshake in my system I will not get anything from the pill. You have to time it right because the effects kick in an hour (or later) after taking it. It's hit or miss but when it hits it allows to me eat for 3 hours straight.

July 3, 2012 12:02 AM

Review by skypuppy (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: I have the 2.5 version. It works well about 90% of the time, while Zofran, works about 50% of the time for me. However, I don't like taking even one because of the hangover the next day. Further, it enhances the chronic pain, making the pain worse, sometimes. Never know when that will happen.

May 17, 2012 5:18 PM

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: I have never personally taken this medication. However, my mother recently was prescribed to Marinol after other medications provided no relief from chemo induced nausea. Her first dose took about 3 hours to kick in (which is a long time when you're nauseated) but after that she's been a brand new person. I'm guessing it takes those first few hours to get fully in your system. She takes it twice a day and has had little to no nausea.

March 19, 2012 12:18 PM

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: This drug is not listed for the cancer symptom of not eating and should be. It saved my family members life.

December 25, 2011 11:54 PM

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: My Doctor prescribed Marinol after I had adverse reactions to most antiemetics given to me during chemotherapy. Converting from IV to oral cytotoxins, nausea made my quality of life poor. Marinol made such a positive change for me. Taking between 2.5 and 5 mgs, there is only about 20 minutes of silliness, which my family welcomes, then relief from vomiting for 6 to 8 hours. It has been a life saver for me and for my family.

March 16, 2010 10:34 AM

For Anorexia: My grandmother was given this in the hospital for anorexia and nausea. She began having tremors after the first dose. It was discontinued, and we are on the second full day post discontinuation, and she is still shaking, severe hallucinations, and mental status changes.

September 13, 2009 11:33 PM

Review by 9INCHRODD:

For Anorexia: I suffer from appetite suppression as a result of medication which I take for narcolepsy(Amphetamine-based). Although the medicine works wonderfully, the only negative side effect that kills me is appetite suppression. Hence, my introduction to Marinol! I would like to clarify a common myth that Marinol is a form of prescription "medical marijuana". My doctor explained it is a synthetic cannabinoid, a distant chemical cousin of marijuana that lacks recreational effects at therapeutic doses. It works by activating the endocannabinoid system of the brain, which regulates appetite. When I first tried it, it started working by the end of the next day!

August 22, 2009 2:56 AM

For Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: I used Marinol for nausea during cancer therapy. I have to take some narcotics for excessive pain and Marinol still keeps the nausea down that the narcotics create. Makes my life quite a bit easier.

May 28, 2009 7:02 PM

Review by lorenhays:

For AIDS Related Wasting: Marinol is a life saver. Nausea is one of the worst feelings a person can experience. Marinol eases the nausea quickly and even helps create an appetite.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 4, 2008 8:02 PM