User Reviews for Diclofenac

Also known as: Cambia, Cataflam, Dyloject, Voltaren, Voltaren-XR, Zipsor, Zorvolex

Learn more about Diclofenac.

Migraine 16 reviews 77 medications

Aseptic Necrosis 0 reviews 91 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Diclofenac reviews 253 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Diclofenac

Review by Juris Ohio:

Zipsor (diclofenac) for Back Pain: My doctor prescribed it for me as follow-up from epidural injection I had two days ago. My pain is considerably better, but I am guessing/hoping from the procedure, not from the Zipsor. I am having terrible stomach problems, that are outweighing what I am guessing the pain relief to be. Going to discontinue as a result. If lower back pain level rises, I may go back to it and bear the stomach discomfort.

March 3, 2013 9:34 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Osteoarthritis: Experiencing gastritis

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 1, 2013 11:08 AM

Review by Sammers49 (taken for 10 years or more):

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: I have tried a dozen different medications but none as effective as this. I tried Celebrex last year and was in so much pain after three days I went back to my Voltaren. I take 100mg twice a day that helps me work and function normally.

February 28, 2013 5:21 PM

Review by michael266 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: Night pain from knee osteoarthritis - a burning on the medial side - sometimes bothers me at night, particularly if I have been active during the day. If I get up walk around for a few minutes sometimes the pain vanishes. Otherwise I apply Voltaren gel- about the size of a small grape over the sore place and the pain goes away pretty quickly. I occasionally apply Voltaren ahead of time if I know I'm going to be on my feet a lot.

February 22, 2013 1:52 PM

Review by dlaml:

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Pain: I have pain in my hands, elbows, back, knees and heels. This medication was prescribed to me by my Reumatologist, 75 mg twice a day; I have only been taking one a day. I have been taking it for a very long time with no side effects what so ever. I cannot tell you that I have no pain at all. I just know that I would not be able to keep my full time job without this medication. I also would not be able to have any quality of life. I know in the near future I will have to take two a day, I am hoping I do as well. :)

February 18, 2013 4:57 PM

Review by Geol54:

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: I've taken Voltaren for over 25 years 3 times a day. For 5 days before each of 4 complete joint replacements, I had to quit taking it since it is a slight blood thinner. Each time I got very stiff with painful joints. I've tried most of the other arthritis NSAIDS and none work nearly as well. My Dr. runs a liver function test every 6 months.

February 12, 2013 9:29 PM

Review by annloveland:

For Osteoarthritis: I have horrible joint pain for someone my age (58), and there isn't a joint in my body that hasn't hurt at some point. I have taken more ibuprofen over the years, than I could ever count. A year ago I started taking Celebrex because I'd heard that for some people it's a miracle. In that year I have had total knee replacement (left knee), then two more "revisions" on the same knee to get rid of an infection. Just weeks ago, I came to the conclusion that Celebrex just wasn't getting the job done for my pain, and of course I did not want to take narcotics. I did a lot of research (the reviews on this site were immensely helpful) and decided to give Diclofenac a try. It has been fantastic, and I feel better than I have in years.

February 12, 2013 11:03 AM

Review by Bloggsy:

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Pain: Voltaren, as opposed to every medication both across the counter and by prescription, gives wonderful relief from severe gout in as little as two hours. Nothing is as effective

February 8, 2013 11:41 PM

Review by Navy Veteran:

For Pain: I experienced very high levels of pain in my upper back over the course of six months, with hand tremors and trouble swallowing. Muscle and joint pain followed. Tests for many conditions are negative, including rheumatoid arthritis, but we are still looking. Diclofenac was prescribed, and over the course of two weeks, the pain faded. I felt like a human being. I did not experience negative side effects. On the contrary, I did not suffer any of my standard migraines. Unfortunately, after 8 months, the VA hospital changed vendors and the new brand of Diclofenac was not effective. In the week following the change, I suffered all previous symptoms along with a migraine and upsurge in depression symptoms. Very frustrating. Still trying to sort it out.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 31, 2013 8:02 PM

Review by Lexface2003:

For Muscle Pain: I was prescribed Diclofenac 75 mg, for chest pain. It did nothing for me. I think my chest pain was due to anxiety and indigestion, so I stopped taking it after 1 day. A year later I woke up one morning with a stiff neck. I thought nothing of it and went to a trampoline park where I came down with a thud on my bum. No biggie, I'm pretty resilient at 32. The next day I had excruciating pain in my upper left back, neck and shoulder. My muscle at the collar bone was cramped tight! I waited 2 weeks and there was little relief, no sleep. I found my Diclofenac and it helped in an hour! NO PAIN! I slept for a full night! I see doc tomorrow for an MRI and diagnosis.

January 17, 2013 4:14 PM

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: Gave me pain relief but also terrible diarrhea.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 2, 2012 8:07 AM

Review by Tracee84 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Sciatica: I have suffered with Sciatica since I was in a snowmachine accident when I was 15...that was 13 years ago. I just started on this medication this year and I can't beleive how wonderful it works. Instead of being bed ridden for 3-5 days, I can take this pill a bit before bed and I am 80% better in the morning.

October 12, 2012 4:34 PM

Review by GGML:

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: I have osteoarthritis in my hands, elbows, knees and feet, and some days the pain was so bad I didn't want to move. The first day I took Voltaren I felt full pain relief, It's a wonderful pain medication. I like that its not a narcotic. Thank you Voltaren I have my life back.

October 12, 2012 10:52 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Period Pain: I usually have REALLY bad period pain, and it was becoming a real problem to deal with, particularly at school. I tried several other medicines, like paracetemol, but they weren't very effective, even after taking 3 within a few hours of each other. I tried 1 x 50mg diclofenac tablet, and after about an hour, all my pain was gone. It's been about 4 hours now, and I'm still 100% pain-free.

August 21, 2012 7:34 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Cambia (diclofenac) for Migraine: Finally took the sample given to me by my doctor after nothing else was making a dent in my migraine after approximately 12 hours. This worked literally within an hour. Felt wonderful and not at all "fuzzy" headed. Will always be keeping a dose of this on hand with me.

August 8, 2012 8:58 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Back Pain: This is the only medication that helped with my lower back pain that was caused from a car accident.

July 31, 2012 12:46 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zipsor (diclofenac) for Back Pain: It work great, I'm 37 and have had back pain for about 15 years now. I have tried several things over the years and nothing work for more than a week or two. I didn't realize how well Zipsor worked until I went on vacation for a week and forgot to take it. I was in pain all week long. When I got home, I start taking it again and I fill better than I have in 15 years.

July 12, 2012 5:48 AM

Review by Old Expat (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Awesome works better than any other anti-inflammatory. I couldn't walk if it weren't for them.

June 28, 2012 11:51 AM

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Sciatica: This medicine works pretty well, but in gel form it is messy and takes a long time to dry.

June 26, 2012 8:44 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: Offered no pain relief at all.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 11, 2012 8:31 AM

Cambia (diclofenac) for Migraine: It works completely within 30 to 60 minutes. However my migraines do come back the next day. Am a little concerned about taking Cambia everyday. Have been getting migraines daily for the last 8 days. The meds you take daily to stop migraines make me feel like I'm wrapped in cotton and out of touch with the world.

May 30, 2012 7:17 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I take a combination of 50mg Voltaren for the rheumatoid arthritis once per day and 200mg Plaquenil for Sjogrens twice per day. I started with 100 mg's Voltaren, but thought that was too much so I had the doctor prescribe 50mg twice per day. I just take one unless I need more.

May 18, 2012 11:46 AM

Review by Mary W. RN:

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: I started taking Voltaren back in October for osteoarthritis of my knees, right hip & left hand. I also have bursitis & piriformis syndrome in my right hip as well as achilles tendonitis in the right foot. I take 75mg 2 times a day. My knees are so bad that I had to have Synvisc-One injections as well. Combined I have been able to work my 12 hr shifts as an RN. I still have pain that's about a 6-7 after working three 12's in a row, but would not be able to work at all without the Voltaren. I am looking to have my knees replaced in the near future. The only side effect I have had is stomach upset if I do not take it with food and some mild constipation. I would recommend this medicine to anyone.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 25, 2012 12:04 AM

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Pain: Got this after I strained a muscle or a nerve beneath my rib cage...was moaning and it hurt to breathe. Ran down to the pharmacy and got this over the counter. Absolutely no pain now with no noticeable side effects. Outstanding.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 21, 2012 10:36 AM

Review by styxgroupi:

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Pain: Took care of L5 S1 back pain. But the nausea is awful.

April 6, 2012 8:09 PM