User Reviews for Diclofenac

Also known as: Cambia, Cataflam, Voltaren, Voltaren-XR, Zipsor, Zorvolex

Learn more about Diclofenac.

Migraine 16 reviews 77 medications

Aseptic Necrosis 0 reviews 91 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Diclofenac reviews 240 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Diclofenac

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Period Pain: I usually have REALLY bad period pain, and it was becoming a real problem to deal with, particularly at school. I tried several other medicines, like paracetemol, but they weren't very effective, even after taking 3 within a few hours of each other. I tried 1 x 50mg diclofenac tablet, and after about an hour, all my pain was gone. It's been about 4 hours now, and I'm still 100% pain-free.

August 21, 2012 7:34 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Cambia (diclofenac) for Migraine: Finally took the sample given to me by my doctor after nothing else was making a dent in my migraine after approximately 12 hours. This worked literally within an hour. Felt wonderful and not at all "fuzzy" headed. Will always be keeping a dose of this on hand with me.

August 8, 2012 8:58 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Back Pain: This is the only medication that helped with my lower back pain that was caused from a car accident.

July 31, 2012 12:46 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zipsor (diclofenac) for Back Pain: It work great, I'm 37 and have had back pain for about 15 years now. I have tried several things over the years and nothing work for more than a week or two. I didn't realize how well Zipsor worked until I went on vacation for a week and forgot to take it. I was in pain all week long. When I got home, I start taking it again and I fill better than I have in 15 years.

July 12, 2012 5:48 AM

Review by Old Expat (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Awesome works better than any other anti-inflammatory. I couldn't walk if it weren't for them.

June 28, 2012 11:51 AM

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Sciatica: This medicine works pretty well, but in gel form it is messy and takes a long time to dry.

June 26, 2012 8:44 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: Offered no pain relief at all.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 11, 2012 8:31 AM

Cambia (diclofenac) for Migraine: It works completely within 30 to 60 minutes. However my migraines do come back the next day. Am a little concerned about taking Cambia everyday. Have been getting migraines daily for the last 8 days. The meds you take daily to stop migraines make me feel like I'm wrapped in cotton and out of touch with the world.

May 30, 2012 7:17 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I take a combination of 50mg Voltaren for the rheumatoid arthritis once per day and 200mg Plaquenil for Sjogrens twice per day. I started with 100 mg's Voltaren, but thought that was too much so I had the doctor prescribe 50mg twice per day. I just take one unless I need more.

May 18, 2012 11:46 AM

Review by Mary W. RN:

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: I started taking Voltaren back in October for osteoarthritis of my knees, right hip & left hand. I also have bursitis & piriformis syndrome in my right hip as well as achilles tendonitis in the right foot. I take 75mg 2 times a day. My knees are so bad that I had to have Synvisc-One injections as well. Combined I have been able to work my 12 hr shifts as an RN. I still have pain that's about a 6-7 after working three 12's in a row, but would not be able to work at all without the Voltaren. I am looking to have my knees replaced in the near future. The only side effect I have had is stomach upset if I do not take it with food and some mild constipation. I would recommend this medicine to anyone.

April 25, 2012 12:04 AM

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Pain: Got this after I strained a muscle or a nerve beneath my rib cage...was moaning and it hurt to breathe. Ran down to the pharmacy and got this over the counter. Absolutely no pain now with no noticeable side effects. Outstanding.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 21, 2012 10:36 AM

Review by styxgroupi:

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Pain: Took care of L5 S1 back pain. But the nausea is awful.

April 6, 2012 8:09 PM

Review by 022827:

For Osteoarthritis: My doctor prescribed this medication for arthritis in my feet. It worked great and within a few days there was no pain in my feet, or anywhere else for that matter. After about 2 weeks, however, I developed heartburn and intestinal cramps so severe that I passed out on 2 occasions. If you can handle the side effects, this medicine works wonders for pain and inflammation.

March 23, 2012 12:05 PM

Review by Crabshak:

For Osteoarthritis: Excellent results within 24 hours, maybe less. Terrible knee pain, limping, no flexibility. Now, not quite ready for a 10K race, but happy to be where I am and very pleased with the results.

March 4, 2012 5:54 PM

Review by luci123:

Zipsor (diclofenac) for Pain: I was prescribed Zipsor for severe sciatica pain - it helped ease the pain some. After 2 days I then broke out in shingles - Zipsor helped this pain much more than the narcotic given to me. I haven't noted any side effects yet.

February 10, 2012 5:52 AM

Review by Justa HipChick:

Zipsor (diclofenac) for Pain: I have dysplasia in both hips at 34. Need a PAO surgery on right hip and hip replacement on left, this has also caused sciatic problems from walking with a limp for so long. I have tried numerous pain medicines and although I did not have any noticeable side effects with the Zipsor, it did no more for me than taking 2 Aleves. Maybe because my pain is bone related with the addition of torn cartilage and nerve problems? Glad that it works so well for some. Anything to get off of narcotic medicines and the crutches pre-op would be nice! So, for me and my dysplasia Zipsor has not been the miracle I was hoping for.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 21, 2012 11:14 PM

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Back Pain: GREAT stuff. Many uses! It has been a life saver. I require narcotic pain medications on a regular basis and Voltaren REALLY helps me to not need as much narcotic pain medicines for pain management.

January 16, 2012 2:17 AM

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Pain: I was prescribed this medication for joint pain and swelling in the elbows and feet. Took for 2 months. Last week my doctor had to take me off because I developed allergy to the medication with rash and low fever. Worked okay but not worth the allergic reaction.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 9, 2012 6:18 PM

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Sciatica: This medicine gave me back my life. Finally pain free after twenty years of low back pain from car accident.

January 3, 2012 5:53 AM

Review by debb01:

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Back Pain: After taking Voltaren occasionally over a 6 week period, I suddenly started having the following symptoms. Severe bloating, severe gas, severe stomach pain, nausea, constipation, weakness.

December 28, 2011 9:09 AM

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: MD recommended that I take this medication for 4 weeks, 75 mg twice a day. He warned me that most people stop taking the medication after two weeks because they feel much better. I have been taking the medication for 3 days and this is the best that I have felt in six months. I will defintely follow his instructions and continue for 4 weeks in hopes of feeling even better. No more pain in the hip, no more pain when rising, no more sharp pain when walking, or leg tenderness when trying to sleep. I was recently diagnoised with osteoarthritis.

December 17, 2011 7:52 PM

Review by archjen:

Zipsor (diclofenac) for Muscle Pain: Zipsor (diclofenac) for Shoulder Pain: Weeks of over the counter non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs, a steroid shot, both shoulders X-rayed and MRI, a steroid pack for 5 days. The MD this morning said to get blood work done for auto-immune checks and an OV with the surgeon. He then gave me 4 days of Zipsor 4 per day, and after this morning's tablet, it helped with the pain. Now at 4:30PM, it is time for tablet #2. Good Results - Thanks!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 14, 2011 4:46 PM

Cambia (diclofenac) for Migraine: I have suffered from prolonged migraines for over 20 years. This is the first medicine I have used that relieved my pain. My recent migraine was going on twelve hours when it was suggested that I try this medication. Within 1 1/2 hours it was gone. I am hoping not to use it again for a while, however the next time I need Cambia and it works, I will have found my miracle.

November 27, 2011 10:26 PM

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Pain: I have a torn hip ligament due to a fall at work - I find NO relief with Voltaren either oral (75MG 2x per day) or the patch.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 23, 2011 6:19 PM

Zipsor (diclofenac) for Back Pain: I am a 27 year old mother of 2 small children with a severe back injury. In hopes of cutting back on the narcotic pain medicines I started Zipsor. No Luck, within a week I was unable to get out of bed. I am now back on the narcotic pain medicines but am still looking for an alternate solution.

November 15, 2011 3:32 PM