User Reviews for Diclofenac

Also known as: Cambia, Cataflam, Dyloject, Voltaren, Voltaren-XR, Zipsor, Zorvolex

Learn more about Diclofenac.

Migraine 16 reviews 69 medications

Spondyloarthritis 1 reviews 67 medications

Aseptic Necrosis 0 reviews 90 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Diclofenac reviews 263 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Diclofenac

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Pain: "I have heel spurs and find every few weeks the pain is unbearable. This is the only thing that relieves the pain. And I take 2 and that seems to fix me for a couple of days, not sure why that is but as long as it works that's the main thing."

Rachel Mascot (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2013

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "Just diagnosed with arthritis. I have osteoporosis now. Have only been using this for 3 days and it works wonderful. It eases my neck pain to wear I hardly feel any hurt. I'm weary of the side effects so don't know how long I will use this cream but I tell you what, if I hurt, this cream is the 1st thing I would go for!"

Yi May 30, 2013

Zipsor (diclofenac) for Pain: "I take Zipsor for ankylosing spondylitis, I find it very effective, I recently had shingles was shocked the effect it had on the pain from the shingles."

Ramjett54 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 19, 2013

Cambia (diclofenac) for Migraine: "Have only used it twice, and ONLY as a "rescue" med from my Dr. It worked within 20 minutes and lasted the whole day. I'm only instructed to use it no more than twice a week. I suffer all the other days and have had this headache for 4 years now. Also starting some new meds to figure out what will PREVENT them."

Marem33 (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2013

Cambia (diclofenac) for Migraine: "Given a sample by doctor. Have suffered from a headache for 24/7 for last 18 months. One dose and I got the first relief I've ever had since my injury causing headache. Miracle!"

Redhotfunbunny May 4, 2013

For Muscle Pain: "I fell and injured my shoulders and back. I was taking pain killers for two weeks but nothing helped. I went back to my DR. and he prescribed diclofenac. I have being taking it for a week, two times a day. It's helping me a lot, I take it with food so it won't upset my stomach. I wouldn't be able to get out of bed."

mona2000 March 17, 2013

For Migraine: "I was given diclofenac from hospital after 3 days of constant severe migraine. Within 1 hr I had relief. I've taken 3 tablets so far and 99% better."

Shelley11 March 8, 2013

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have been taking diclofenac for 3 years for arthritis in my lower spine. When the doctor gave it to me he said I would see a difference or not in a day or two. Immediately I had relief and could rise from a chair, lean over a table, and pick up objects. Things I couldn't do for a year prior. If I miss a day of this medicine the pain and stiffness returns. I am very grateful."

dawnasimp March 4, 2013

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "I have been taking Voltaren for Ankylosing Spondylitis for six months and it really keeps me fully functional. If I come off it for a couple of days my joints start to really ache. I had torturous night pain for a while as I got a spontaneous fracture in my pelvis due to swelling in my bones and Voltaren was the only thing that worked. I've had no noticeable side effects."

Kbkk (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 4, 2013

For Pain: "Had major back surgery (spinal fusion L1, L2, L3 vertebrae) in 2007 with little lasting effect on major pain. Pain was on a scale of 9. Have narcotics allergy, and medicines leave my body quicker than they can start working. Been in major pain since 2002 with little to no relief. Started taking diclofenac 75 mg twice a day, and pain threshold is now on scale of 2. This medicine has greatly increased my quality of life and, so far, have had no side effects."

SJS1962 (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2013

Zipsor (diclofenac) for Back Pain: "My doctor prescribed it for me as follow-up from epidural injection I had two days ago. My pain is considerably better, but I am guessing/hoping from the procedure, not from the Zipsor. I am having terrible stomach problems, that are outweighing what I am guessing the pain relief to be. Going to discontinue as a result. If lower back pain level rises, I may go back to it and bear the stomach discomfort."

Juris Ohio March 3, 2013

For Osteoarthritis: "Experiencing gastritis"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 1, 2013

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "I have tried a dozen different medications but none as effective as this. I tried Celebrex last year and was in so much pain after three days I went back to my Voltaren. I take 100mg twice a day that helps me work and function normally."

Sammers49 (taken for 10 years or more) February 28, 2013

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "Night pain from knee osteoarthritis - a burning on the medial side - sometimes bothers me at night, particularly if I have been active during the day. If I get up walk around for a few minutes sometimes the pain vanishes. Otherwise I apply Voltaren gel- about the size of a small grape over the sore place and the pain goes away pretty quickly. I occasionally apply Voltaren ahead of time if I know I'm going to be on my feet a lot. "

michael266 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 22, 2013

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Pain: "I have pain in my hands, elbows, back, knees and heels. This medication was prescribed to me by my Reumatologist, 75 mg twice a day; I have only been taking one a day. I have been taking it for a very long time with no side effects what so ever. I cannot tell you that I have no pain at all. I just know that I would not be able to keep my full time job without this medication. I also would not be able to have any quality of life. I know in the near future I will have to take two a day, I am hoping I do as well. :)"

dlaml February 18, 2013

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "I've taken Voltaren for over 25 years 3 times a day. For 5 days before each of 4 complete joint replacements, I had to quit taking it since it is a slight blood thinner. Each time I got very stiff with painful joints. I've tried most of the other arthritis NSAIDS and none work nearly as well. My Dr. runs a liver function test every 6 months."

Geol54 February 12, 2013

For Osteoarthritis: "I have horrible joint pain for someone my age (58), and there isn't a joint in my body that hasn't hurt at some point. I have taken more ibuprofen over the years, than I could ever count. A year ago I started taking Celebrex because I'd heard that for some people it's a miracle. In that year I have had total knee replacement (left knee), then two more "revisions" on the same knee to get rid of an infection. Just weeks ago, I came to the conclusion that Celebrex just wasn't getting the job done for my pain, and of course I did not want to take narcotics. I did a lot of research (the reviews on this site were immensely helpful) and decided to give Diclofenac a try. It has been fantastic, and I feel better than I have in years."

annloveland February 12, 2013

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Pain: "Voltaren, as opposed to every medication both across the counter and by prescription, gives wonderful relief from severe gout in as little as two hours. Nothing is as effective"

Bloggsy February 8, 2013

For Pain: "I experienced very high levels of pain in my upper back over the course of six months, with hand tremors and trouble swallowing. Muscle and joint pain followed. Tests for many conditions are negative, including rheumatoid arthritis, but we are still looking. Diclofenac was prescribed, and over the course of two weeks, the pain faded. I felt like a human being. I did not experience negative side effects. On the contrary, I did not suffer any of my standard migraines. Unfortunately, after 8 months, the VA hospital changed vendors and the new brand of Diclofenac was not effective. In the week following the change, I suffered all previous symptoms along with a migraine and upsurge in depression symptoms. Very frustrating. Still trying to sort it out."

Navy Veteran January 31, 2013

For Muscle Pain: "I was prescribed Diclofenac 75 mg, for chest pain. It did nothing for me. I think my chest pain was due to anxiety and indigestion, so I stopped taking it after 1 day. A year later I woke up one morning with a stiff neck. I thought nothing of it and went to a trampoline park where I came down with a thud on my bum. No biggie, I'm pretty resilient at 32. The next day I had excruciating pain in my upper left back, neck and shoulder. My muscle at the collar bone was cramped tight! I waited 2 weeks and there was little relief, no sleep. I found my Diclofenac and it helped in an hour! NO PAIN! I slept for a full night! I see doc tomorrow for an MRI and diagnosis."

Lexface2003 January 17, 2013

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Gave me pain relief but also terrible diarrhea."

Anonymous November 2, 2012

For Sciatica: "I have suffered with Sciatica since I was in a snowmachine accident when I was 15...that was 13 years ago. I just started on this medication this year and I can't beleive how wonderful it works. Instead of being bed ridden for 3-5 days, I can take this pill a bit before bed and I am 80% better in the morning."

Tracee84 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 12, 2012

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "I have osteoarthritis in my hands, elbows, knees and feet, and some days the pain was so bad I didn't want to move. The first day I took Voltaren I felt full pain relief, It's a wonderful pain medication. I like that its not a narcotic. Thank you Voltaren I have my life back."

GGML October 12, 2012

For Period Pain: "I usually have REALLY bad period pain, and it was becoming a real problem to deal with, particularly at school. I tried several other medicines, like paracetemol, but they weren't very effective, even after taking 3 within a few hours of each other. I tried 1 x 50mg diclofenac tablet, and after about an hour, all my pain was gone. It's been about 4 hours now, and I'm still 100% pain-free."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2012

Cambia (diclofenac) for Migraine: "Finally took the sample given to me by my doctor after nothing else was making a dent in my migraine after approximately 12 hours. This worked literally within an hour. Felt wonderful and not at all "fuzzy" headed. Will always be keeping a dose of this on hand with me."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2012