User Reviews for Diclofenac

Also known as: Cambia, Cataflam, Voltaren, Voltaren-XR, Zipsor, Zorvolex

Learn more about Diclofenac.

Migraine 14 reviews 76 medications

Spondyloarthritis 0 reviews 67 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Diclofenac reviews 222 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Diclofenac

Review by gcharle: User Rating:

Cambia (diclofenac) for Migraine: I suffer from cluster headaches and they are no fun. Had one this morning and took 10 mg Percocet. It did not take it away. I was a little skeptical about a Cambia pack I got from doctor, but after 3 hours and no relief I took it and within 30 minutes it was gone. Been suffering from these for 18 years and will keep some this on hand just in case.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 20, 2013 5:23 PM
Review by Blockjaw (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

diclofenac for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Was using 7.5 mg. of Meloxicam when after a period of about 3 years it began to not prevent the arthritic pain and swelling that I had in my shoulders and ankles. My rheumatologist placed me on 75 mg. of Diclofenac and one day later all symptoms subsided.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 17, 2013 5:23 PM
Review by wooo (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

diclofenac for Sciatica: I am 25 with a actebular femoral impingement which has caused osteoarthritis, labral tears and a small hernia. Diclofenac has given me my life back.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 13, 2013 7:31 AM
Review by LTwa: User Rating:

Zipsor (diclofenac) for Pain: I have had both knees arthroscopic in the last year and half. I ended up reinjurying one knee and when this happened the other knee begins to swell and hurt because it is compensating for the injury knee. I found out I have Pesanserine bursitis, which is very painful especially going up stairs. I was beginning to shuffle from one room to another. I had two Zipsor left from a sample pack I got from the doctor. I try to hang on to them in case my pain got worse. Since my doctors office had not received any samples I ask if they could call in a prescription. I didn't care about the cost. Zipsor has helped the pain and swelling tremendously in my knees. Since I have arthritis in my knees I know this will be my go to as needed pain reliever.

August 30, 2013 2:33 AM
Review by Jenny Lou (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

diclofenac for Pain: I've been having all over muscle and joint pain. I tried everything OTC and nothing helped. Saw a rheumatologist who prescribed diclofenac. The next day my pain was greatly diminished and I was able to use my left arm again! The itching I was experiencing before this medicine has intensified over the past week. Don't know if that's a side effect. I didn't take it at all today and the pain is unbearable. Calling doctor in the morning.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 1, 2013 2:48 AM
Review by texaspeeps (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Zipsor (diclofenac) for Pain: I fell and broke the Radial head of my elbow (have never broken anything before and I am 45 yrs old). The doctor put me on Vicodin and it did nothing for that pain, UNTIL he gave me Zipsor, I was much much better in about an hour! The only side effect was that I was a little sleepy.

July 21, 2013 11:45 PM
Review by Eka babe (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Cataflam (diclofenac) for Period Pain: Cataflam is a life saver but it takes about an hour after swallowing to start working. I take 2 at a 6 hr interval and can take up to six at the end of the day, but that's only for the first day of the period.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 17, 2013 8:51 AM
Review by TweetieMarie (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: I have been on every NSAID there is, both prescription and non-prescription. Finally a doctor suggested I try Voltaren. I've been on it about 8 years now, and it has helped me keep my narcotic usage to a minimum. It helps the severe osteoarthritis pain in my joints along with the muscle pain I have.

July 9, 2013 7:45 AM
Review by Gribouille (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Cataflam (diclofenac) for Pain: A real life-saver for severe pain after multiple dental extractions. So far I have not noticed side effects except perhaps constipation. Takes effect about ten minutes after swallowing.

June 20, 2013 12:55 AM
Review by Rachel Mascot (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Pain: I have heel spurs and find every few weeks the pain is unbearable. This is the only thing that relieves the pain. And I take 2 and that seems to fix me for a couple of days, not sure why that is but as long as it works that's the main thing.

June 16, 2013 6:58 PM
Review by Yi: User Rating:

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: Just diagnosed with arthritis. I have osteoporosis now. Have only been using this for 3 days and it works wonderful. It eases my neck pain to wear I hardly feel any hurt. I'm weary of the side effects so don't know how long I will use this cream but I tell you what, if I hurt, this cream is the 1st thing I would go for!

May 30, 2013 10:06 PM
Review by Ramjett54 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Zipsor (diclofenac) for Pain: I take Zipsor for ankylosing spondylitis, I find it very effective, I recently had shingles was shocked the effect it had on the pain from the shingles.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 19, 2013 9:35 PM
Review by Marem33 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Cambia (diclofenac) for Migraine: Have only used it twice, and ONLY as a "rescue" med from my Dr. It worked within 20 minutes and lasted the whole day. I'm only instructed to use it no more than twice a week. I suffer all the other days and have had this headache for 4 years now. Also starting some new meds to figure out what will PREVENT them.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 15, 2013 5:05 PM
Review by Redhotfunbunny: User Rating:

Cambia (diclofenac) for Migraine: Given a sample by doctor. Have suffered from a headache for 24/7 for last 18 months. One dose and I got the first relief I've ever had since my injury causing headache. Miracle!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 4, 2013 12:25 AM
Review by mona2000: User Rating:

diclofenac for Muscle Pain: I fell and injured my shoulders and back. I was taking pain killers for two weeks but nothing helped. I went back to my DR. and he prescribed diclofenac. I have being taking it for a week, two times a day. It's helping me a lot, I take it with food so it won't upset my stomach. I wouldn't be able to get out of bed.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 17, 2013 11:34 AM
Review by Shelley11: User Rating:

diclofenac for Migraine: I was given diclofenac from hospital after 3 days of constant severe migraine. Within 1 hr I had relief. I've taken 3 tablets so far and 99% better.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 8, 2013 6:10 PM
Review by dawnasimp: User Rating:

diclofenac for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I have been taking diclofenac for 3 years for arthritis in my lower spine. When the doctor gave it to me he said I would see a difference or not in a day or two. Immediately I had relief and could rise from a chair, lean over a table, and pick up objects. Things I couldn't do for a year prior. If I miss a day of this medicine the pain and stiffness returns. I am very grateful.

March 4, 2013 8:32 PM
Review by Kbkk (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: I have been taking Voltaren for Ankylosing Spondylitis for six months and it really keeps me fully functional. If I come off it for a couple of days my joints start to really ache. I had torturous night pain for a while as I got a spontaneous fracture in my pelvis due to swelling in my bones and Voltaren was the only thing that worked. I've had no noticeable side effects.

March 4, 2013 10:16 AM
Review by SJS1962 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

diclofenac for Pain: Had major back surgery (spinal fusion L1, L2, L3 vertebrae) in 2007 with little lasting effect on major pain. Pain was on a scale of 9. Have narcotics allergy, and medicines leave my body quicker than they can start working. Been in major pain since 2002 with little to no relief. Started taking diclofenac 75 mg twice a day, and pain threshold is now on scale of 2. This medicine has greatly increased my quality of life and, so far, have had no side effects.

March 3, 2013 10:26 AM
Review by Juris Ohio: User Rating:

Zipsor (diclofenac) for Back Pain: My doctor prescribed it for me as follow-up from epidural injection I had two days ago. My pain is considerably better, but I am guessing/hoping from the procedure, not from the Zipsor. I am having terrible stomach problems, that are outweighing what I am guessing the pain relief to be. Going to discontinue as a result. If lower back pain level rises, I may go back to it and bear the stomach discomfort.

March 3, 2013 9:34 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

diclofenac for Osteoarthritis: Experiencing gastritis

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 1, 2013 11:08 AM
Review by Sammers49 (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: I have tried a dozen different medications but none as effective as this. I tried Celebrex last year and was in so much pain after three days I went back to my Voltaren. I take 100mg twice a day that helps me work and function normally.

February 28, 2013 5:21 PM
Review by michael266 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: Night pain from knee osteoarthritis - a burning on the medial side - sometimes bothers me at night, particularly if I have been active during the day. If I get up walk around for a few minutes sometimes the pain vanishes. Otherwise I apply Voltaren gel- about the size of a small grape over the sore place and the pain goes away pretty quickly. I occasionally apply Voltaren ahead of time if I know I'm going to be on my feet a lot.

February 22, 2013 1:52 PM
Review by dlaml: User Rating:

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Pain: I have pain in my hands, elbows, back, knees and heels. This medication was prescribed to me by my Reumatologist, 75 mg twice a day; I have only been taking one a day. I have been taking it for a very long time with no side effects what so ever. I cannot tell you that I have no pain at all. I just know that I would not be able to keep my full time job without this medication. I also would not be able to have any quality of life. I know in the near future I will have to take two a day, I am hoping I do as well. :)

February 18, 2013 4:57 PM
Review by Geol54: User Rating:

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: I've taken Voltaren for over 25 years 3 times a day. For 5 days before each of 4 complete joint replacements, I had to quit taking it since it is a slight blood thinner. Each time I got very stiff with painful joints. I've tried most of the other arthritis NSAIDS and none work nearly as well. My Dr. runs a liver function test every 6 months.

February 12, 2013 9:29 PM