User Reviews for Diclofenac

Also known as: Cambia, Cataflam, Voltaren, Voltaren-XR, Zipsor, Zorvolex

Learn more about Diclofenac.

Migraine 16 reviews 77 medications

Spondyloarthritis 0 reviews 67 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Diclofenac reviews 232 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Diclofenac

Review by fsb:

Cambia (diclofenac) for Migraine: I have been taking Firocet for years and it has been moderately effective for my migraines , which I usually have one per week. My Dr. last week recommended Cambia, was skeptical about it but was in agony and gave it a try. Within 45 minutes I was up and functional. Will only use in severe cases. Also very costly if you have no insurance.

November 25, 2013 4:00 PM

Review by Epileptic Eve (taken for less than 1 month):

For Migraine: Cambia was prescribed to treat my migraines (which last for days) and also the excruciating pain from nerve damage in my arm. I'm 25, and I have epilepsy, which puts me at greater risk for migraine attacks. But I have a warning for those who take Cambia. Do NOT take it without food, and do not take it for longer than a few days. I learned the hard way that this medicine is very bad for the GI tract. I ended up with a severely inflamed and eroded stomach lining. I do not drink alcohol or smoke; it was definitely the Cambia that caused this. Please be mindful of your body's signals while you take any medication. Cambia can put you in the hospital even if you take it exactly as directed. Call your doc immediately if you experience GI pain!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 11, 2013 10:24 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Sciatica: I have 4 lumbar disc's bulging how ever the l5sl is impinging on my nerve root, complete pain couldn't stand couldn't walk couldn't sit etc. I was in missesry. finally they put me on something other than ibprofen and it was Volteran genric! It took about 1 week to kick in and work but I honestly can say I take this in the am along with my muscle relaxer and gabepentin and I am pain free and gained back 6 hours of my life! IT only works for me so far for 6 hours and by the time I can take next dosages I am back in the worse pain ever, hopefully everyday I can gain a little bit more than 6 hours of my life back!!!!!!!!

November 2, 2013 2:58 PM

Review by piedmount:

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: 1 pill twice a day. Voltaren effective until it caused server swelling of my entire legs and hands. The increased edema put pressure on my bursa in both hips and on the nerves leaving my groin and going into my legs. All of this pressure caused electrical shocks in my thighs. I took a diurectic but it didn't remove the fluid from my thighs.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 2, 2013 3:52 AM

Cambia (diclofenac) for Migraine: This drug works so fast, I had my migraine gone in 15 minutes. It's fabulous!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 30, 2013 3:18 PM

Review by tai888:

Cataflam (diclofenac) for Pain: I had pain behind my eyes, a headache, sore throat, and general joint pain. Took 1 tablet before a nap and woke up mostly pain free. No side effects as yet.

October 29, 2013 4:42 PM

Review by Migraine Hell (taken for less than 1 month):

For Migraine: I've had migraines for 25 plus years and it's almost impossible to get pain medication these days even at an urgent care facility. My new doctor offered me Cataflam. I received the generic Diclofenac 50 mg. and was very excited about receiving any kind of help making it through a migraine which sometimes lasts 8 days, sometimes 2 days. Anyway, I took it three times a day the first two days and sporadically for another two or three days. It worked very well much to my surprise; however, after that I experienced the stomach burn I read someone else experienced. I didn't realize what had caused the burning until I read the reviews on this med. I'm a little afraid to take it again unless I just take it one or two days next time. Try it.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 24, 2013 5:46 PM

Review by 8Tarzan:

For Muscle Pain: I have been battling gout for decades, my sawbones prescribed Diclofenac for when I have a flare up. However, I'm also a hardcore weightlifter. Often I'm so sore that I can hardly move. I take one of these and it's like a miracle pill, pain goes away. I don't take them often, but when I do...it works BIG TIME!

October 22, 2013 3:00 PM

Review by Babybull27:

Zipsor (diclofenac) for Pain: I'm a pitcher and have had bursitis on my upper hamstring for months. It finally gave out and caused a lot of pain where I could barely sit down. My doctor gave me Zipsor and it was 90% better in 1 day. My teammates take a lot of things for pain but I got to say Zipsor has been the best to date.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 8, 2013 1:02 PM

Review by joelline (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Pain: I'm a great fan of diclofenac. I have severe lumbar stenosis and osteoarthritis of the hips and knees, and could not function without some relief of the pain. Diclofenac does not relieve all of my pain, but it relieves 60-70 percent of it, or enough to allow me to have a life. For me it appears to be safe and effective. The only side -effect I've experienced is occasional mild constipation. I recommend it highly.

October 8, 2013 12:35 AM

Review by gcharle:

Cambia (diclofenac) for Migraine: I suffer from cluster headaches and they are no fun. Had one this morning and took 10 mg Percocet. It did not take it away. I was a little skeptical about a Cambia pack I got from doctor, but after 3 hours and no relief I took it and within 30 minutes it was gone. Been suffering from these for 18 years and will keep some this on hand just in case.

September 20, 2013 5:23 PM

Review by Blockjaw (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: Was using 7.5 mg. of Meloxicam when after a period of about 3 years it began to not prevent the arthritic pain and swelling that I had in my shoulders and ankles. My rheumatologist placed me on 75 mg. of Diclofenac and one day later all symptoms subsided.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 17, 2013 5:23 PM

Review by wooo (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Sciatica: I am 25 with a actebular femoral impingement which has caused osteoarthritis, labral tears and a small hernia. Diclofenac has given me my life back.

September 13, 2013 7:31 AM

Review by LTwa:

Zipsor (diclofenac) for Pain: I have had both knees arthroscopic in the last year and half. I ended up reinjurying one knee and when this happened the other knee begins to swell and hurt because it is compensating for the injury knee. I found out I have Pesanserine bursitis, which is very painful especially going up stairs. I was beginning to shuffle from one room to another. I had two Zipsor left from a sample pack I got from the doctor. I try to hang on to them in case my pain got worse. Since my doctors office had not received any samples I ask if they could call in a prescription. I didn't care about the cost. Zipsor has helped the pain and swelling tremendously in my knees. Since I have arthritis in my knees I know this will be my go to as needed pain reliever.

August 30, 2013 2:33 AM

Review by Jenny Lou (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: I've been having all over muscle and joint pain. I tried everything OTC and nothing helped. Saw a rheumatologist who prescribed diclofenac. The next day my pain was greatly diminished and I was able to use my left arm again! The itching I was experiencing before this medicine has intensified over the past week. Don't know if that's a side effect. I didn't take it at all today and the pain is unbearable. Calling doctor in the morning.

August 1, 2013 2:48 AM

Review by texaspeeps (taken for less than 1 month):

Zipsor (diclofenac) for Pain: I fell and broke the Radial head of my elbow (have never broken anything before and I am 45 yrs old). The doctor put me on Vicodin and it did nothing for that pain, UNTIL he gave me Zipsor, I was much much better in about an hour! The only side effect was that I was a little sleepy.

July 21, 2013 11:45 PM

Review by Eka babe (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Cataflam (diclofenac) for Period Pain: Cataflam is a life saver but it takes about an hour after swallowing to start working. I take 2 at a 6 hr interval and can take up to six at the end of the day, but that's only for the first day of the period.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 17, 2013 8:51 AM

Review by TweetieMarie (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: I have been on every NSAID there is, both prescription and non-prescription. Finally a doctor suggested I try Voltaren. I've been on it about 8 years now, and it has helped me keep my narcotic usage to a minimum. It helps the severe osteoarthritis pain in my joints along with the muscle pain I have.

July 9, 2013 7:45 AM

Review by Gribouille (taken for less than 1 month):

Cataflam (diclofenac) for Pain: A real life-saver for severe pain after multiple dental extractions. So far I have not noticed side effects except perhaps constipation. Takes effect about ten minutes after swallowing.

June 20, 2013 12:55 AM

Review by Rachel Mascot (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Pain: I have heel spurs and find every few weeks the pain is unbearable. This is the only thing that relieves the pain. And I take 2 and that seems to fix me for a couple of days, not sure why that is but as long as it works that's the main thing.

June 16, 2013 6:58 PM

Review by Yi:

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: Just diagnosed with arthritis. I have osteoporosis now. Have only been using this for 3 days and it works wonderful. It eases my neck pain to wear I hardly feel any hurt. I'm weary of the side effects so don't know how long I will use this cream but I tell you what, if I hurt, this cream is the 1st thing I would go for!

May 30, 2013 10:06 PM

Review by Ramjett54 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Zipsor (diclofenac) for Pain: I take Zipsor for ankylosing spondylitis, I find it very effective, I recently had shingles was shocked the effect it had on the pain from the shingles.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 19, 2013 9:35 PM

Review by Marem33 (taken for less than 1 month):

Cambia (diclofenac) for Migraine: Have only used it twice, and ONLY as a "rescue" med from my Dr. It worked within 20 minutes and lasted the whole day. I'm only instructed to use it no more than twice a week. I suffer all the other days and have had this headache for 4 years now. Also starting some new meds to figure out what will PREVENT them.

May 15, 2013 5:05 PM

Review by Redhotfunbunny:

Cambia (diclofenac) for Migraine: Given a sample by doctor. Have suffered from a headache for 24/7 for last 18 months. One dose and I got the first relief I've ever had since my injury causing headache. Miracle!

May 4, 2013 12:25 AM

Review by mona2000:

For Muscle Pain: I fell and injured my shoulders and back. I was taking pain killers for two weeks but nothing helped. I went back to my DR. and he prescribed diclofenac. I have being taking it for a week, two times a day. It's helping me a lot, I take it with food so it won't upset my stomach. I wouldn't be able to get out of bed.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate