User Reviews for Diclofenac

Also known as: Cambia, Cataflam, Dyloject, Voltaren, Voltaren-XR, Zipsor, Zorvolex

Learn more about Diclofenac.

Migraine 17 reviews 68 medications

Spondyloarthritis 1 reviews 67 medications

Aseptic Necrosis 0 reviews 90 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Diclofenac reviews 271 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Diclofenac

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Pain: "Voltaren, as opposed to every medication both across the counter and by prescription, gives wonderful relief from severe gout in as little as two hours. Nothing is as effective"

Bloggsy February 8, 2013

For Pain: "I experienced very high levels of pain in my upper back over the course of six months, with hand tremors and trouble swallowing. Muscle and joint pain followed. Tests for many conditions are negative, including rheumatoid arthritis, but we are still looking. Diclofenac was prescribed, and over the course of two weeks, the pain faded. I felt like a human being. I did not experience negative side effects. On the contrary, I did not suffer any of my standard migraines. Unfortunately, after 8 months, the VA hospital changed vendors and the new brand of Diclofenac was not effective. In the week following the change, I suffered all previous symptoms along with a migraine and upsurge in depression symptoms. Very frustrating. Still trying to sort it out."

Navy Veteran January 31, 2013

For Muscle Pain: "I was prescribed Diclofenac 75 mg, for chest pain. It did nothing for me. I think my chest pain was due to anxiety and indigestion, so I stopped taking it after 1 day. A year later I woke up one morning with a stiff neck. I thought nothing of it and went to a trampoline park where I came down with a thud on my bum. No biggie, I'm pretty resilient at 32. The next day I had excruciating pain in my upper left back, neck and shoulder. My muscle at the collar bone was cramped tight! I waited 2 weeks and there was little relief, no sleep. I found my Diclofenac and it helped in an hour! NO PAIN! I slept for a full night! I see doc tomorrow for an MRI and diagnosis."

Lexface2003 January 17, 2013

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Gave me pain relief but also terrible diarrhea."

Anonymous November 2, 2012

For Sciatica: "I have suffered with Sciatica since I was in a snowmachine accident when I was 15...that was 13 years ago. I just started on this medication this year and I can't beleive how wonderful it works. Instead of being bed ridden for 3-5 days, I can take this pill a bit before bed and I am 80% better in the morning."

Tracee84 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 12, 2012

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "I have osteoarthritis in my hands, elbows, knees and feet, and some days the pain was so bad I didn't want to move. The first day I took Voltaren I felt full pain relief, It's a wonderful pain medication. I like that its not a narcotic. Thank you Voltaren I have my life back."

GGML October 12, 2012

For Period Pain: "I usually have REALLY bad period pain, and it was becoming a real problem to deal with, particularly at school. I tried several other medicines, like paracetemol, but they weren't very effective, even after taking 3 within a few hours of each other. I tried 1 x 50mg diclofenac tablet, and after about an hour, all my pain was gone. It's been about 4 hours now, and I'm still 100% pain-free."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2012

Cambia (diclofenac) for Migraine: "Finally took the sample given to me by my doctor after nothing else was making a dent in my migraine after approximately 12 hours. This worked literally within an hour. Felt wonderful and not at all "fuzzy" headed. Will always be keeping a dose of this on hand with me."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2012

For Back Pain: "This is the only medication that helped with my lower back pain that was caused from a car accident."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 31, 2012

Zipsor (diclofenac) for Back Pain: "It work great, I'm 37 and have had back pain for about 15 years now. I have tried several things over the years and nothing work for more than a week or two. I didn't realize how well Zipsor worked until I went on vacation for a week and forgot to take it. I was in pain all week long. When I got home, I start taking it again and I fill better than I have in 15 years."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2012

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Awesome works better than any other anti-inflammatory. I couldn't walk if it weren't for them."

Old Expat (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 28, 2012

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Sciatica: "This medicine works pretty well, but in gel form it is messy and takes a long time to dry. "

Anonymous June 26, 2012

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Offered no pain relief at all."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2012

Cambia (diclofenac) for Migraine: "It works completely within 30 to 60 minutes. However my migraines do come back the next day. Am a little concerned about taking Cambia everyday. Have been getting migraines daily for the last 8 days. The meds you take daily to stop migraines make me feel like I'm wrapped in cotton and out of touch with the world. "

Anonymous May 30, 2012

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I take a combination of 50mg Voltaren for the rheumatoid arthritis once per day and 200mg Plaquenil for Sjogrens twice per day. I started with 100 mg's Voltaren, but thought that was too much so I had the doctor prescribe 50mg twice per day. I just take one unless I need more."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 18, 2012

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: "I started taking Voltaren back in October for osteoarthritis of my knees, right hip & left hand. I also have bursitis & piriformis syndrome in my right hip as well as achilles tendonitis in the right foot. I take 75mg 2 times a day. My knees are so bad that I had to have Synvisc-One injections as well. Combined I have been able to work my 12 hr shifts as an RN. I still have pain that's about a 6-7 after working three 12's in a row, but would not be able to work at all without the Voltaren. I am looking to have my knees replaced in the near future. The only side effect I have had is stomach upset if I do not take it with food and some mild constipation. I would recommend this medicine to anyone. "

Mary W. RN April 25, 2012

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Pain: "Got this after I strained a muscle or a nerve beneath my rib cage...was moaning and it hurt to breathe. Ran down to the pharmacy and got this over the counter. Absolutely no pain now with no noticeable side effects. Outstanding."

Anonymous April 21, 2012

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Pain: "Took care of L5 S1 back pain. But the nausea is awful."

styxgroupi April 6, 2012

For Osteoarthritis: "My doctor prescribed this medication for arthritis in my feet. It worked great and within a few days there was no pain in my feet, or anywhere else for that matter. After about 2 weeks, however, I developed heartburn and intestinal cramps so severe that I passed out on 2 occasions. If you can handle the side effects, this medicine works wonders for pain and inflammation."

022827 March 23, 2012

For Osteoarthritis: "Excellent results within 24 hours, maybe less. Terrible knee pain, limping, no flexibility. Now, not quite ready for a 10K race, but happy to be where I am and very pleased with the results."

Crabshak March 4, 2012

Zipsor (diclofenac) for Pain: "I was prescribed Zipsor for severe sciatica pain - it helped ease the pain some. After 2 days I then broke out in shingles - Zipsor helped this pain much more than the narcotic given to me. I haven't noted any side effects yet."

luci123 February 10, 2012

Zipsor (diclofenac) for Pain: "I have dysplasia in both hips at 34. Need a PAO surgery on right hip and hip replacement on left, this has also caused sciatic problems from walking with a limp for so long. I have tried numerous pain medicines and although I did not have any noticeable side effects with the Zipsor, it did no more for me than taking 2 Aleves. Maybe because my pain is bone related with the addition of torn cartilage and nerve problems? Glad that it works so well for some. Anything to get off of narcotic medicines and the crutches pre-op would be nice! So, for me and my dysplasia Zipsor has not been the miracle I was hoping for."

Justa HipChick January 21, 2012

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Back Pain: "GREAT stuff. Many uses! It has been a life saver. I require narcotic pain medications on a regular basis and Voltaren REALLY helps me to not need as much narcotic pain medicines for pain management."

Anonymous January 16, 2012

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Pain: "I was prescribed this medication for joint pain and swelling in the elbows and feet. Took for 2 months. Last week my doctor had to take me off because I developed allergy to the medication with rash and low fever. Worked okay but not worth the allergic reaction."

Anonymous January 9, 2012

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Sciatica: "This medicine gave me back my life. Finally pain free after twenty years of low back pain from car accident."

Anonymous January 3, 2012