User Reviews for Diclofenac

Also known as: Cambia, Cataflam, Voltaren, Voltaren-XR, Zipsor, Zorvolex

Learn more about Diclofenac.

Migraine 15 reviews 77 medications

Spondyloarthritis 0 reviews 67 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Diclofenac reviews 231 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Diclofenac

Review by mahkha:

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: It really eases the pain.

September 1, 2011 10:28 PM

Review by Leroy2:

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: This medicine has been wonderful for me. I have bad arthritis in numerous joints. I just take one tablet with food in the morning (75mg/day) and it makes all the difference in the world. I have not experienced any side effects yet and have been taking this medicine for about 9 months.

August 11, 2011 9:49 AM

Review by LBP:

For Sciatica: I have had two lower back injuries in the past five years and both times was prescribed diclofenac. Sciatica usually lasts 10-14 days before complete relief.

July 25, 2011 3:50 PM

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I have rheumatoid arthritis for the past 20 years. I used to take diclofenac sodium 100mg per day. When I got better I stopped for 3 years. Now again stated once in 3 days and now every night after food one 50 mg tablet. I have not experienced any side effects. Inflammation in many joints has reduced. I am 48 years old.

July 22, 2011 8:51 AM

For Pain: This product is effective in diminishing fever in approximately 30 minutes.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 27, 2011 7:31 PM

Review by Granny Marge:

Zipsor (diclofenac) for Muscle Pain: It did not help me. I still have very bad back pain, and cannot do anything around the house.

June 15, 2011 5:11 AM

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Pain: I use the gel and it may take a little time to work (about 30-45 minutes), but the effect is pretty good. It will take my pain from a 9 down to a 5 (that's pretty good for me).

June 13, 2011 11:37 PM

Review by desihunk:

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Back Pain: I have severe sciatic pain and the spine doctor prescribed this for me. It worked for a while and after a week my pain started going up. I switched to OTC Ibuprofen and it worked better. So, I guess it depends on person to person.

June 7, 2011 10:32 PM

Zipsor (diclofenac) for Back Pain: Because of an auto accident a year ago I had a partial separation of my right sacroiliac joint. I've taken Advil, Celebrex, and Mobic along with steroid injections and received little or no pain relief. Zipsor is the only medication I've taken that has reduced the inflammation long enough for the joint to begin to heal thus giving my pain relief.

May 31, 2011 10:02 AM

Review by death hiccups:

Cataflam (diclofenac) for Pain: At first when I started taking this medicine everything was going fine until 2 days into using it I started getting hiccups but nothing to be bothered by and then that night I woke up hiccuping an it went on an off for at least three days. I tried everything I knew about curing hiccups then I searched the web and found the side effects.

May 18, 2011 12:44 AM

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Pain: I have used Celebrex for my knee pain, but I still have some pain in my knee (may be slow effect). Then I change to take Voltaren rapid 25, now the pain have totally disappeared.

May 14, 2011 10:59 AM

Review by thomasjr:

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I need to take Cytotec (misoprostol) with it.

May 9, 2011 9:00 PM

Review by MACE1010:

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I have been having swelling in my feet and ankles very bad lately. I could remember about when it all started and knew it was about the time I started on diclofenac. I looked up the side effects just now and I see why I have the swelling along with a bladder infection.

April 28, 2011 8:53 AM

Review by marone:

Zipsor (diclofenac) for : ZIPSOR.. FINALLY SOMETHING HELPS. I have had such bad sciatica for years one Doctor wants to do back surgery. I have tried Vicodin, oxycodone, acupunture, acupressure, even Reiki to no avail. Nerve blocks help only a week or so. I swear by Zipsor. I have been able to walk around, garden and clean my house once again. It's been so long since I was actually able to have a full day with no pain. I was prescribed 2 tablets twice a day. I take 2 in the morning and 1 at lunch time. It's all I need. Life is good again.

April 22, 2011 10:10 PM

Review by wrp325:

Zipsor (diclofenac) for Back Pain: I was suffering from an impingement of a nerve root exiting the left side of the T10 - T11 junction. I was prescribed Zipsor in combination with Skelaxin (muscle relaxant). The combination provided no discernible pain relief. However, I did suffer from significant stomach and intestinal pain. The stomach & intestinal pain stopped within 12 hours of discontinuing the Zipsor. Overall, not a pleasant experience.

March 7, 2011 1:06 PM

Review by ronmale2:

For Osteoarthritis: I have recommended this to fellow-workers,it has made work bearable again. Been on everything, this medicine works. I take 75 mg daily.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 22, 2011 8:28 AM

Review by coastie 1953:

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Back Pain: I was taking Celebrex 200mg's a day to stop the pain in my lower back, This after spending over $2000 of medical bills and an Epidural on advise from a spine Dr. My racquetball buddy, a heart DR. said Voltaren is better and prescribed a 50mg dose. It is a wonder medicine if you can take it. Voltaren has given me my life back.

January 10, 2011 10:01 AM

Review by blazia:

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: Have taken for 2 years and now I can't live without it. I can walk with just a small amount of pain, my knees are very happy. Please try this.

January 9, 2011 12:01 AM

For Back Pain: I took this medication for lower back pain. It worked really well. It did slow down my bowel movements, which I prefer. Also, it was an appetite suppressant but it did give me cotton mouth.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 19, 2010 10:30 PM

Review by pinoy ako:

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: The doctor prescribed me this medicine to take for a week. It helps to reduce the pain for only short period of time. The good thing is I don't get any side effects except mild diarrhea.

December 10, 2010 12:41 PM

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: I am 46, female, with osteoarthritis in one knee - had an arthroscopy last year that seemed to just make things worse. I have tried the Synvisc injections %u2013 no help. It was getting to the point where I was sitting most of the day to avoid the pain and stiffness. Even swimming was painful. I would have to take at least 800mg of Motrin to feel the tiniest bit of relief. Tried Oxycodone and Vicodin %u2013 nothing except sleepiness. Started taking Voltaren a few days ago %u2013 the generic diclofenac %u2013 50 mg 2x a day. Wow %u2013 I am so surprised how well this is working! I am moving around with little pain and only a small amount of stiffness now. No side effects so far. I am so grateful my doctor suggested this %u2013 I am happier now!

December 5, 2010 8:24 PM

Zipsor (diclofenac) for Pain: I have had severe migraines for 15 years and no medication has been able to give me much relief until I tried Zipsor. My doctor gave me a few samples, to take up to 4 a day (which I assumed I'd be doing when a migraine came along). I took one pill and felt relief within 30 minutes and much better after an hour. I am so glad I have this medicine, it's a miracle!

October 9, 2010 10:29 PM

Review by E. Z.:

Zipsor (diclofenac) for Pain: I have plantar fascitis and strained a ligament below the ankle. I was in severe pain and could hardly walk. I'm a Police Officer and need mobility. My foot doctor put me on Zipsor three to four times daily. After the second day on Zipsor I really have felt no pain and no side effects. This medicine is a life saver. It also has me feeling better by giving me more energy.

August 15, 2010 10:25 PM

Review by SNav.:

Cataflam (diclofenac) for Period Pain: I've taken Cataflam for over 10 years now. I make it a point to take it on the first day of my period and I never feel any cramps or pains. I do have a pretty bad dysmenorrhea. Cataflam's great and makes my period so bearable.

August 8, 2010 7:10 PM

For Back Pain: I have taken this medicine on and off for the past few years and it has done wonders! My doctor tried a number of medications for years of back pain and nothing worked. Diclofenac worked immediately. At times I go off of it for a few months, but when pain comes back, it works immediately. Fortunately no side effects.

August 5, 2010 10:20 PM