User Reviews for Diclofenac

Also known as: Cambia, Cataflam, Dyloject, Voltaren, Voltaren-XR, Zipsor, Zorvolex

Learn more about Diclofenac.

Migraine 16 reviews 77 medications

Aseptic Necrosis 0 reviews 91 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Diclofenac reviews 253 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Diclofenac

Review by 022827:

For Osteoarthritis: My doctor prescribed this medication for arthritis in my feet. It worked great and within a few days there was no pain in my feet, or anywhere else for that matter. After about 2 weeks, however, I developed heartburn and intestinal cramps so severe that I passed out on 2 occasions. If you can handle the side effects, this medicine works wonders for pain and inflammation.

March 23, 2012 12:05 PM

Review by Crabshak:

For Osteoarthritis: Excellent results within 24 hours, maybe less. Terrible knee pain, limping, no flexibility. Now, not quite ready for a 10K race, but happy to be where I am and very pleased with the results.

March 4, 2012 5:54 PM

Review by luci123:

Zipsor (diclofenac) for Pain: I was prescribed Zipsor for severe sciatica pain - it helped ease the pain some. After 2 days I then broke out in shingles - Zipsor helped this pain much more than the narcotic given to me. I haven't noted any side effects yet.

February 10, 2012 5:52 AM

Review by Justa HipChick:

Zipsor (diclofenac) for Pain: I have dysplasia in both hips at 34. Need a PAO surgery on right hip and hip replacement on left, this has also caused sciatic problems from walking with a limp for so long. I have tried numerous pain medicines and although I did not have any noticeable side effects with the Zipsor, it did no more for me than taking 2 Aleves. Maybe because my pain is bone related with the addition of torn cartilage and nerve problems? Glad that it works so well for some. Anything to get off of narcotic medicines and the crutches pre-op would be nice! So, for me and my dysplasia Zipsor has not been the miracle I was hoping for.

January 21, 2012 11:14 PM

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Back Pain: GREAT stuff. Many uses! It has been a life saver. I require narcotic pain medications on a regular basis and Voltaren REALLY helps me to not need as much narcotic pain medicines for pain management.

January 16, 2012 2:17 AM

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Pain: I was prescribed this medication for joint pain and swelling in the elbows and feet. Took for 2 months. Last week my doctor had to take me off because I developed allergy to the medication with rash and low fever. Worked okay but not worth the allergic reaction.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 9, 2012 6:18 PM

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Sciatica: This medicine gave me back my life. Finally pain free after twenty years of low back pain from car accident.

January 3, 2012 5:53 AM

Review by debb01:

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Back Pain: After taking Voltaren occasionally over a 6 week period, I suddenly started having the following symptoms. Severe bloating, severe gas, severe stomach pain, nausea, constipation, weakness.

December 28, 2011 9:09 AM

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: MD recommended that I take this medication for 4 weeks, 75 mg twice a day. He warned me that most people stop taking the medication after two weeks because they feel much better. I have been taking the medication for 3 days and this is the best that I have felt in six months. I will defintely follow his instructions and continue for 4 weeks in hopes of feeling even better. No more pain in the hip, no more pain when rising, no more sharp pain when walking, or leg tenderness when trying to sleep. I was recently diagnoised with osteoarthritis.

December 17, 2011 7:52 PM

Review by archjen:

Zipsor (diclofenac) for Muscle Pain: Zipsor (diclofenac) for Shoulder Pain: Weeks of over the counter non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs, a steroid shot, both shoulders X-rayed and MRI, a steroid pack for 5 days. The MD this morning said to get blood work done for auto-immune checks and an OV with the surgeon. He then gave me 4 days of Zipsor 4 per day, and after this morning's tablet, it helped with the pain. Now at 4:30PM, it is time for tablet #2. Good Results - Thanks!

December 14, 2011 4:46 PM

Cambia (diclofenac) for Migraine: I have suffered from prolonged migraines for over 20 years. This is the first medicine I have used that relieved my pain. My recent migraine was going on twelve hours when it was suggested that I try this medication. Within 1 1/2 hours it was gone. I am hoping not to use it again for a while, however the next time I need Cambia and it works, I will have found my miracle.

November 27, 2011 10:26 PM

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Pain: I have a torn hip ligament due to a fall at work - I find NO relief with Voltaren either oral (75MG 2x per day) or the patch.

November 23, 2011 6:19 PM

Zipsor (diclofenac) for Back Pain: I am a 27 year old mother of 2 small children with a severe back injury. In hopes of cutting back on the narcotic pain medicines I started Zipsor. No Luck, within a week I was unable to get out of bed. I am now back on the narcotic pain medicines but am still looking for an alternate solution.

November 15, 2011 3:32 PM

Cambia (diclofenac) for Migraine: I love Cambia. I took 4 doses of Imitrex in a 24 hour period and couldn't get rid of a migraine. Out of desperation I took a sample dose of Cambia my doctor gave me and my migraine was gone in 15 minutes. I called my doctor and had him call in a prescription for me. It was the fastest acting pain reliever ever.

November 7, 2011 7:19 PM

For Osteoarthritis: I am 51 and have lived with pain for a while. I have tried Celebrex in the past and I'm not knocking it. It's just that this medicine, even though it's only been a couple of days is great.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 28, 2011 7:54 PM

For Pain: I have AVN and I began taking the medicine before core depression surgery. I almost decided not to have the surgery as the medicine worked so well. I take it now once a day as I recover from the surgery and it works really well. I don't have to take hydrocodone any more. My doctor says I will have to stop taking it soon. I have had a stomach ulcer 15 yrs ago and he is concerned but I take Zantac and I have had no side effects as of yet. It has been three months.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 9, 2011 4:46 AM

Review by ouchhh:

Cataflam (diclofenac) for Period Pain: Yes. This is ouch again. I took the first one around midday and it took about five hours to kick in but when it did I have to say I'll take back that rating of 1 and give a 9 because its working so well. I forgot I even have my period. Only thing is it has kind of burned my stomach and made the pain doubly worse before stopping it completely.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 8, 2011 10:06 PM

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Sciatica: Miracle medicine!

October 4, 2011 6:58 PM

Voltaren-XR (diclofenac) for Pain: Very sensitive to medication but this one works for me.

October 2, 2011 11:27 PM

Cataflam (diclofenac) for Back Pain: I have never used a medication that worked as well as Cataflam. It was as though I was able to actually feel the swelling leaving my body. I had no side effects at all.

September 20, 2011 12:47 PM

Review by patti p:

Zipsor (diclofenac) for Back Pain: I have spinal stenosis and sciatica from the spinal stenosis. I have tried various prescriptions but Zipsor helps the most. Sometimes I can take only two a day and it works, sometimes more if the pain persists. But, it works well for me.

September 19, 2011 5:55 PM

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I have rheumatoid arthritis and use Voltaren topically on my joints. This helps.

September 3, 2011 9:12 AM

Review by mahkha:

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: It really eases the pain.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 1, 2011 10:28 PM

Review by Leroy2:

Voltaren (diclofenac) for Osteoarthritis: This medicine has been wonderful for me. I have bad arthritis in numerous joints. I just take one tablet with food in the morning (75mg/day) and it makes all the difference in the world. I have not experienced any side effects yet and have been taking this medicine for about 9 months.

August 11, 2011 9:49 AM

Review by LBP:

For Sciatica: I have had two lower back injuries in the past five years and both times was prescribed diclofenac. Sciatica usually lasts 10-14 days before complete relief.

July 25, 2011 3:50 PM