Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Also known as: Amrix, Comfort Pac with Cyclobenzaprine, Fexmid, Flexeril

Learn more about Cyclobenzaprine.

Cyclobenzaprine review summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 31 medications used in the treatment of Fibromyalgia.

Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine to treat Fibromyalgia

Review by finally dx'd (taken for less than 1 month):

After years of suffering a Rheumatologist finally diagnosed fibromyalgia. He prescribed Flexeril 5 mg. at bedtime. I had forgotten what it feels like to actually be rested in the morning! MUCH less pain the next day as well as not waking up to spasms during the night. The only problem I have with it is constipation, but I started Forteo injections for osteoporosis at the same time which can also be constipating, so I can't blame the Flexeril entirely.

November 20, 2013 6:10 PM

Review by The Dude1:

I can't stay awake, and I'm still in pain. I'm very sensitive to all drugs tho. I was taking the 5mg.

November 2, 2013 4:10 PM

Review by Life's too short:

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): Amrix is good for muscle cramps. It reduces pain from a 10 to a 7 for me. That is a big deal for me. I am 24/7 in pain. No medicine can reduce that pain below a 5.

October 6, 2012 9:39 PM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): Felt very rested for once and pain went away.

August 6, 2012 9:41 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I have had severe pain and heat in my hips, legs and feet. The rest of my body was also very uncomfortable. The cyclobenzaprine has really brought the continual pain down and the "heat" has also tapered. I can now get some sleep. It still flares when I exercise too hard, but it is much less severe.

May 15, 2012 9:57 PM

Review by CathyLynny:

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia over a year ago, after many years of chronic pain, insomnia and fatigue. Sleep study showed no stage 3 or 4 sleep so the sleep I was getting was not good sleep. I am on several medications now to stay awake during the day, control my pain so I can continue to work and more medications to sleep. Restoril has helped in all three areas.

April 21, 2012 6:05 PM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): It was very helpful for the spasms in my neck, shoulders, back, and hips. It took awhile before the muscles released. I weaned myself off the medicine and within 2 weeks was experiencing severe pain again. I'm back on now. I take 10 mg at night. It does make me tired in the morning but its worth it. I would recommend this for back pain and spasms. It helps to take it consistently.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 15, 2012 11:19 PM

Review by BrooklynNicole:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): Flexeril worked GREAT for the first few months I was on it. It totally got rid of the pain between each shoulder blade and spine, and helped the rest of my back as well. I was taking 10 mg once a night, but I was prescribed to take it 3 times daily (I like to make my pain meds last as long as I can). This pill was like a miracle to me. But overnight, it completely stopped working. There wasn't no decrease in the effectiveness before it stopped working at all, it just stopped with no warning. Every few days, I would take one to see if it'd work, but no such luck. A few months later, I tried taking one, didn't work, so I took another one like an hour later and still nothing. But I tend to have a high tolerance to all pain meds. Try it out!

February 7, 2012 4:04 AM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): Helps with the stiffness, didn't make me tired like some people have reported. Overall it has helped and I have had no negative side effects.

January 14, 2012 12:14 PM

Review by hurting faith:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): I took this and I found rest. True rest. I have been given so many scripts, none did anything for the tight muscle pain, or the seizing of my muscles, which I thought was it for me forever. I have been given extended release medicines for sleep, and nothing. It took a while for me to realize I was not sleeping at night because of my muscles not relaxing. I took this at 8 p.m. last night, and fell asleep, I woke up at like 12:45, My habit from long term spasms...but then I went right back to bed. Then I woke up, {I swear it was just because of habit again} at 3:45, I fell right back asleep. I finally woke up at 5:50 a.m for good. I could not tell you the last time I slept all night, and 6 in the morning is the latest I have slept in yrs. I have tried all types of medicines.

December 20, 2011 6:54 PM

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): When I first had pain 19 years ago, I was treated with Flexeril for six months. I thought I was getting better. I stopped taking Flexeril and it was a false feeling of wellness. Two months later I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Now I am on Flexeril again after a car accident and it is helping. I only plan to stay on it a few weeks since I fear addiction.

May 6, 2011 11:34 PM

Review by travlinanaa:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): Without this medicine I could not sleep through the pain.

March 28, 2011 10:39 PM

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): I used Amirix with Klonopin and Pristiq and I sleep, finally. The combination works for me. The only problem it takes me a while to open my eyes in the morning. I am disabled so this side effect is not a problem.

March 19, 2011 6:52 PM

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): This medicine has helped greatly reduce pain, and has made it possible for me to take less pain medication. The only problem I have had with it is if I take it too late in the evening, it is sometimes very hard to wake up the next morning. It is best for me, at least, to take it at least 10 hours before I need to wake up.

February 15, 2011 10:29 AM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): This muscle relaxer is very good at relaxing my muscle if taken for several days; it is slow acting. The negative side is that my doctor only lets me take it when I have a flare-up, so I have to take it about 4 days before I get any relief and then when I stop taking it, it stays in my system for about 3 days and then I go right back to my normal baseline level of pain. I wish I could take it everyday because I feel so much less pain overall when I have it built up in my system.

September 26, 2010 10:24 AM

Review by DOODLBUG:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): I have Fibromyalgia and compression fractures in my lower back and neck from an automobile accident. I have tried everything for pain and stiffness. I changed doctors and she gave me a prescription for Flexeril 10mg to take at bedtime to help me sleep. For me, this is the best medication I have tried. I had to cut the pills in quarters however because the 10mg was too strong.

August 27, 2010 7:24 AM

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): I used Savella for three years without any significant relief other than helping me cope with the ongoing pain. Tried Lyrica which seemed to cause anxiety but recently my pain management doctor started me on Amrix which I take at dinner time and Gabapentin (Neurontin) which I take at bedtime with Ambien. This combination seems to be amazing. I hope it is not short lived.

May 25, 2010 9:39 PM

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): I was given this medication for fibromyalgia. Now at 21 years of age I am having heart problems. The first medication they took me off of after the heart problems surfaced was Amrix. Upon further research and communication with Amrix representatives I found that this medication is not supposed to be used for over a period of 3 weeks. Something my doctors obviously were unaware of. Just letting everyone out there know in case they find themselves in a similar situation.

March 5, 2010 2:17 PM

I have used Flexeril for about 9 years now. It works great to ease my muscle pain and spasms. A lot of people have trouble with it making them sleepy but I have never had that trouble. I can take during the day with no drowsiness at all which is really nice. However it would be nice if it made me a little sleepy on the nights I am having trouble. It is a great medication and I am very grateful for it.

December 10, 2009 12:28 PM

Review by dayday:

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia a few years back, and there was no way to help control my pain and stiffness except narcotic pain pills. About a year ago, I started trying to take Flexeril during the day to help with the tight feeling tenderness. It made me too drowsy to use during the day. So then I started to take 10mg at night and it helped some with the muscle tenderness. I then tried taking 20mg at night and it really helps with the next day tenderness. I take it in conjunction with Lyrica and it works well to ease most of the Fibromyalgia pain. The only problem is that it leaves me with a dry mouth in the morning. The drowsiness isn't a problem as long as it's taken at night. It relaxes the all muscles, and that helps the Fibromyalgia pain.

December 6, 2009 5:03 AM

Review by boopthenight:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): I have had fibromyalgia for over 15 years. When my muscles feel extremely "tight"``I definitely hurt more. Thank God for Flexeril! I take 10 mg before bed and this helps me to sleep and feel less muscle pain. I tried to live without this medicine for 1 week and my pain level went up considerably and much more muscle spasms and tightness. I do have a dry mouth especially after I wake up. I do work night shifts as a nurse...this helps me to get better sleep in turn making me feel better after I get up.

December 2, 2009 11:13 PM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): Helps overall but leaves me with a terrible hung-over type grogginess until mid-afternoon the next day. Doctor said it should go away after a week but no luck - still had the next day druggy haze feeling even after 3 weeks on it. I do still use it occasionally for bad shoulder or back spasms but not everyday for my fibromyalgia anymore.

November 25, 2009 3:36 PM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): Knocks me out! Which allows me to sleep, at least for a few hours until it wears off. I could not take this during times I need to remain awake, but when I want to be able to fall asleep, it is wonderful!

November 7, 2009 9:49 AM

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): This medicine has been amazing for me. I was unable to sleep on my right side for the last 5 years due to pain, and now I can, with almost no pain. The only down sides are that it causes extreme "dry mouth" for me (which gets worse when I am nervous) and constipated. But it is worth it for the pain relief I am getting.

September 20, 2009 11:56 PM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): Doesn't touch my pain while I am awake but puts me to sleep and in the morning I notice it helped relax bad spasms.

July 15, 2009 11:27 PM