User Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Also known as: Amrix, Comfort Pac with Cyclobenzaprine, Fexmid, Flexeril

Learn more about Cyclobenzaprine.

Cyclobenzaprine Review Summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 16 medications used in the treatment of Fibromyalgia.

Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine to treat Fibromyalgia

"I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 7 years ago. I've taken this at night for probably 6 years now. It makes all the difference for me. It allowed me to start working out 5 years ago. I went from walking in a pool to running now, and I've even done several 5ks. A couple years ago I had another neurological pain condition develop that required me to take muscle relaxers during the day as well too. So I was put on a lighter weight (baclofen) muscle relaxer for during the day and to replace this at night. Within a few days of going off of this, I was so stiff I could barely walk. I ended up back on this for my evening dose, and within a couple days I was back to normal activity. So for me at least, this has worked better then anything."

MereRock March 26, 2015

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "Finally! Something that actually works. I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia almost 2 years ago now and have been on Lyrica and Cymbalta with little relief. My doctor added Flexeril 3 days ago and I am in heaven! I have not felt rested in a very long time and my pain seems to be diminished somewhat. I really feel good and have actually smiled ALL day today. I sure hope this keeps up! Yay for Flexeril!"

Tammy73 January 10, 2015

"My true experience with (Flexeril) is very positive.It will reduce your Flare-ups. I have Chronic Myofascial pain Syndrome and Post-Traumatic Fibromyalgia. I received this Disability from a (Auto Accident). Post means (Trauma). It is wise to make sure you are with the proper Practitioner. Not everyone is capable of treating this painful illness."

def456 January 6, 2015

"It helps most of the time. But I also take Hydrocodone/Ac twice a day. I also have rheumatoid arthritis and Osteoporosis. And take two different meds for that. Leflunomide and methotrexate."

bcy November 15, 2014

"After years of suffering a Rheumatologist finally diagnosed fibromyalgia. He prescribed Flexeril 5 mg. at bedtime. I had forgotten what it feels like to actually be rested in the morning! MUCH less pain the next day as well as not waking up to spasms during the night. The only problem I have with it is constipation, but I started Forteo injections for osteoporosis at the same time which can also be constipating, so I can't blame the Flexeril entirely."

finally dx'd (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2013

"I can't stay awake, and I'm still in pain. I'm very sensitive to all drugs tho. I was taking the 5mg."

The Dude1 November 2, 2013

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): "Amrix is good for muscle cramps. It reduces pain from a 10 to a 7 for me. That is a big deal for me. I am 24/7 in pain. No medicine can reduce that pain below a 5."

Life's too short October 6, 2012

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "Felt very rested for once and pain went away."

Anonymous August 6, 2012

"I have had severe pain and heat in my hips, legs and feet. The rest of my body was also very uncomfortable. The cyclobenzaprine has really brought the continual pain down and the "heat" has also tapered. I can now get some sleep. It still flares when I exercise too hard, but it is much less severe."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2012

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): "I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia over a year ago, after many years of chronic pain, insomnia and fatigue. Sleep study showed no stage 3 or 4 sleep so the sleep I was getting was not good sleep. I am on several medications now to stay awake during the day, control my pain so I can continue to work and more medications to sleep. Restoril has helped in all three areas."

CathyLynny April 21, 2012

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "It was very helpful for the spasms in my neck, shoulders, back, and hips. It took awhile before the muscles released. I weaned myself off the medicine and within 2 weeks was experiencing severe pain again. I'm back on now. I take 10 mg at night. It does make me tired in the morning but its worth it. I would recommend this for back pain and spasms. It helps to take it consistently."

Anonymous April 15, 2012

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "Flexeril worked GREAT for the first few months I was on it. It totally got rid of the pain between each shoulder blade and spine, and helped the rest of my back as well. I was taking 10 mg once a night, but I was prescribed to take it 3 times daily (I like to make my pain meds last as long as I can). This pill was like a miracle to me. But overnight, it completely stopped working. There wasn't no decrease in the effectiveness before it stopped working at all, it just stopped with no warning. Every few days, I would take one to see if it'd work, but no such luck. A few months later, I tried taking one, didn't work, so I took another one like an hour later and still nothing. But I tend to have a high tolerance to all pain meds. Try it out!"

BrooklynNicole February 7, 2012

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "Helps with the stiffness, didn't make me tired like some people have reported. Overall it has helped and I have had no negative side effects."

Anonymous January 14, 2012

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "I took this and I found rest. True rest. I have been given so many scripts, none did anything for the tight muscle pain, or the seizing of my muscles, which I thought was it for me forever. I have been given extended release medicines for sleep, and nothing. It took a while for me to realize I was not sleeping at night because of my muscles not relaxing. I took this at 8 p.m. last night, and fell asleep, I woke up at like 12:45, My habit from long term spasms...but then I went right back to bed. Then I woke up, {I swear it was just because of habit again} at 3:45, I fell right back asleep. I finally woke up at 5:50 a.m for good. I could not tell you the last time I slept all night, and 6 in the morning is the latest I have slept in yrs. I have tried all types of medicines."

hurting faith December 20, 2011

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): "When I first had pain 19 years ago, I was treated with Flexeril for six months. I thought I was getting better. I stopped taking Flexeril and it was a false feeling of wellness. Two months later I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Now I am on Flexeril again after a car accident and it is helping. I only plan to stay on it a few weeks since I fear addiction."

Anonymous May 6, 2011

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "Without this medicine I could not sleep through the pain."

travlinanaa March 28, 2011

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): "I used Amirix with Klonopin and Pristiq and I sleep, finally. The combination works for me. The only problem it takes me a while to open my eyes in the morning. I am disabled so this side effect is not a problem."

Anonymous March 19, 2011

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): "This medicine has helped greatly reduce pain, and has made it possible for me to take less pain medication. The only problem I have had with it is if I take it too late in the evening, it is sometimes very hard to wake up the next morning. It is best for me, at least, to take it at least 10 hours before I need to wake up."

Anonymous February 15, 2011

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "This muscle relaxer is very good at relaxing my muscle if taken for several days; it is slow acting. The negative side is that my doctor only lets me take it when I have a flare-up, so I have to take it about 4 days before I get any relief and then when I stop taking it, it stays in my system for about 3 days and then I go right back to my normal baseline level of pain. I wish I could take it everyday because I feel so much less pain overall when I have it built up in my system."

Anonymous September 26, 2010

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "I have Fibromyalgia and compression fractures in my lower back and neck from an automobile accident. I have tried everything for pain and stiffness. I changed doctors and she gave me a prescription for Flexeril 10mg to take at bedtime to help me sleep. For me, this is the best medication I have tried. I had to cut the pills in quarters however because the 10mg was too strong."

DOODLBUG August 27, 2010

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): "I used Savella for three years without any significant relief other than helping me cope with the ongoing pain. Tried Lyrica which seemed to cause anxiety but recently my pain management doctor started me on Amrix which I take at dinner time and Gabapentin (Neurontin) which I take at bedtime with Ambien. This combination seems to be amazing. I hope it is not short lived."

Anonymous May 25, 2010

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): "I was given this medication for fibromyalgia. Now at 21 years of age I am having heart problems. The first medication they took me off of after the heart problems surfaced was Amrix. Upon further research and communication with Amrix representatives I found that this medication is not supposed to be used for over a period of 3 weeks. Something my doctors obviously were unaware of. Just letting everyone out there know in case they find themselves in a similar situation."

Anonymous March 5, 2010

"I have used Flexeril for about 9 years now. It works great to ease my muscle pain and spasms. A lot of people have trouble with it making them sleepy but I have never had that trouble. I can take during the day with no drowsiness at all which is really nice. However it would be nice if it made me a little sleepy on the nights I am having trouble. It is a great medication and I am very grateful for it."

Anonymous December 10, 2009

"I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia a few years back, and there was no way to help control my pain and stiffness except narcotic pain pills. About a year ago, I started trying to take Flexeril during the day to help with the tight feeling tenderness. It made me too drowsy to use during the day. So then I started to take 10mg at night and it helped some with the muscle tenderness. I then tried taking 20mg at night and it really helps with the next day tenderness. I take it in conjunction with Lyrica and it works well to ease most of the Fibromyalgia pain. The only problem is that it leaves me with a dry mouth in the morning. The drowsiness isn't a problem as long as it's taken at night. It relaxes the all muscles, and that helps the Fibromyalgia pain."

dayday December 6, 2009

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "I have had fibromyalgia for over 15 years. When my muscles feel extremely "tight"``I definitely hurt more. Thank God for Flexeril! I take 10 mg before bed and this helps me to sleep and feel less muscle pain. I tried to live without this medicine for 1 week and my pain level went up considerably and much more muscle spasms and tightness. I do have a dry mouth especially after I wake up. I do work night shifts as a nurse...this helps me to get better sleep in turn making me feel better after I get up. "

boopthenight December 2, 2009