Pill Identifier App

7.2
Summary of Amrix reviews 25 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Amrix

Review by PattyP11 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Muscle Spasm: Amrix did nothing for tight muscles. No side effects but no effects period.

February 16, 2014 7:31 PM

Review by LaurenAmberOracle:

This drug has improved my quality of life greatly! The first week I had drop attacks at my desk at work & I was drowsy. The key is to take this medication @ 4pm & consecutively. I do experience dry mouth too. I have 4 neuro-stimulators implanted in my head to help with pain & I take gabbapentin, topamax, paxil, folic acid, hydrocodone, a special gabbapentin/lidocaine cream, & vitamins on a daily basis to function like a human being. For rescue I take Maxalt & if severe enough Butorphanol-Tartrate. This medicine has given me hope again & made me able to decrease pain meds during the day! This Med runs about $400 with my insurance but if you go to amrix.com you can print a coupon for a $5 copay!!!!!

May 11, 2013 7:42 AM

Review by Life's too short:

For Fibromyalgia: Amrix is good for muscle cramps. It reduces pain from a 10 to a 7 for me. That is a big deal for me. I am 24/7 in pain. No medicine can reduce that pain below a 5.

October 6, 2012 9:39 PM

Review by CathyLynny:

For Fibromyalgia: I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia over a year ago, after many years of chronic pain, insomnia and fatigue. Sleep study showed no stage 3 or 4 sleep so the sleep I was getting was not good sleep. I am on several medications now to stay awake during the day, control my pain so I can continue to work and more medications to sleep. Restoril has helped in all three areas.

April 21, 2012 6:05 PM

For Muscle Spasm: Amrix does relieve the pain however it made me very tired and out of it. The next day I still felt exhausted, it's not for me.

March 10, 2012 10:14 PM

Review by snyderink:

For Muscle Spasm: Amrix is the best. I have taken many muscle relaxers over the years and they all make me sleepy, (which I despise). I take Amrix after dinner and I sleep comfortably and wake refreshed and able to make it through the day with only Aleve or ibuprofin. I am so greatful for Amrix.

February 13, 2012 12:04 AM

For Migraine: Amrix is the only muscle relaxer that works for me, and I tried a lot. I also take Topamax and get Botox injections for my migraines. I'm on a low dose antidepressant also. This treatment seems to work for me. I went from 20 migraines a month down to about 5.

December 28, 2011 10:11 PM

Review by Babypie:

For Migraine: The only medicine that keeps my migraines manageable. I take it along with Topiramate and a beta blocker, atenolol as well as the when required medicines for when one strikes (Naprelan, and either Frova or Axert or Sumavel injection).

September 15, 2011 9:56 PM

Review by JM2011:

For Sciatica: Taking for back pain in left lower disc. Works very good but I must take it by 8pm or after dinner or I wake up very sluggish the next morning (I wake up at 8:30am) and feel cloudy headed for the whole morning. I only take it when the pain is really bad.

August 23, 2011 11:54 AM

For Muscle Spasm: Amrix did nothing for me...I had the usual side effect of tiredness after the first day but I was fine afterwards. I took it for 4 days with no relief.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 13, 2011 7:47 PM

For Fibromyalgia: When I first had pain 19 years ago, I was treated with Flexeril for six months. I thought I was getting better. I stopped taking Flexeril and it was a false feeling of wellness. Two months later I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Now I am on Flexeril again after a car accident and it is helping. I only plan to stay on it a few weeks since I fear addiction.

May 6, 2011 11:34 PM

Review by hildoo:

For Muscle Spasm: This medicine has been a blessing for me after trying chiropractor. Physical therapy, injections, etc. I suffer from fibromyalgia, scoliosis, bulging neck disc. I sometimes get tired but after 61 years of being very active and hard work (I mean hard) naps are expected. Sometimes all of us need to slow down.

April 1, 2011 7:14 PM

For Fibromyalgia: I used Amirix with Klonopin and Pristiq and I sleep, finally. The combination works for me. The only problem it takes me a while to open my eyes in the morning. I am disabled so this side effect is not a problem.

March 19, 2011 6:52 PM

For Fibromyalgia: This medicine has helped greatly reduce pain, and has made it possible for me to take less pain medication. The only problem I have had with it is if I take it too late in the evening, it is sometimes very hard to wake up the next morning. It is best for me, at least, to take it at least 10 hours before I need to wake up.

February 15, 2011 10:29 AM

For Muscle Spasm: It worked for me after about four days, which is all I could take. It relieves my constant back muscle spasms, but it knocks you out! It does make you feel very "on medication" in a very unpleasant sort of way. Difficult to perform everyday tasks such as driving.

October 16, 2010 9:47 PM

Review by lonely:

For Muscle Spasm: my husband had a seizure and went into heart failure and died after taking amrix for two days.

October 4, 2010 10:50 PM

For Muscle Spasm: Regarding the comment above that states Flexeril works but Amrix does not... as a pharmacist, I would like to clarify that both Flexeril and Amrix are brand names of the drug cyclobenzaprine, a muscle relaxant. Flexeril is released all at once, thus must be taken multiple times daily. Amrix is released slowly over 24 hrs, thus it is taken once daily.

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 27, 2010 10:03 AM

For Fibromyalgia: I used Savella for three years without any significant relief other than helping me cope with the ongoing pain. Tried Lyrica which seemed to cause anxiety but recently my pain management doctor started me on Amrix which I take at dinner time and Gabapentin (Neurontin) which I take at bedtime with Ambien. This combination seems to be amazing. I hope it is not short lived.

May 25, 2010 9:39 PM

Review by Linkme:

For Migraine: Did not work well for me.

March 6, 2010 8:22 AM

For Fibromyalgia: I was given this medication for fibromyalgia. Now at 21 years of age I am having heart problems. The first medication they took me off of after the heart problems surfaced was Amrix. Upon further research and communication with Amrix representatives I found that this medication is not supposed to be used for over a period of 3 weeks. Something my doctors obviously were unaware of. Just letting everyone out there know in case they find themselves in a similar situation.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 5, 2010 2:17 PM

Review by sgarrison:

For Migraine: Did not work well for me.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 10, 2010 5:28 PM

For Muscle Spasm: I was having muscle spasm and neck pain which was causing difficulty sleeping first night I took Amrix. I had complete relief. I had the best nights sleep I've ever had in a long time.

November 25, 2009 12:23 AM

Review by MaMa513:

For Muscle Spasm: I injured my back and it took me 4 days to visit the doctor. Even though he barely examined me, he prescribed me Amrix. I'm not the hugest fan! I am a busy mother who works full time and goes to school full time. Amrix makes you tired and not able to do a whole lot. It didn't help too much with the pain either.

November 5, 2009 9:50 AM

Review by hotmama5569:

For Muscle Spasm: I have had muscle spasm's for years. Flexeril has always worked for me. New doctor wanted to try this. Completely did not work at all.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 2, 2009 3:10 PM

Review by Youraway:

For Muscle Spasm: I've experienced recurring back spasms for many years. At times they are unbearable. Amrix really worked at easing the spasms, but I noticed a jittery feeling the next day. I also felt very shaky, but not dizzy, just jittery. It took about 24 hours after I stopped the medicine before the jitters went away. I also had a little slurred speech after one day of Amrix. I stopped the medicine and of course the spasms returned.

September 29, 2009 6:19 PM