User Reviews for Amrix

Learn more about Amrix.

Amrix review summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 38 medications used in the treatment of Muscle Spasm.

Reviews for Amrix to treat Muscle Spasm

Review by PattyP11 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Amrix did nothing for tight muscles. No side effects but no effects period.

February 16, 2014 7:31 PM

Amrix does relieve the pain however it made me very tired and out of it. The next day I still felt exhausted, it's not for me.

March 10, 2012 10:14 PM

Review by snyderink:

Amrix is the best. I have taken many muscle relaxers over the years and they all make me sleepy, (which I despise). I take Amrix after dinner and I sleep comfortably and wake refreshed and able to make it through the day with only Aleve or ibuprofin. I am so greatful for Amrix.

February 13, 2012 12:04 AM

Amrix did nothing for me...I had the usual side effect of tiredness after the first day but I was fine afterwards. I took it for 4 days with no relief.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 13, 2011 7:47 PM

Review by hildoo:

This medicine has been a blessing for me after trying chiropractor. Physical therapy, injections, etc. I suffer from fibromyalgia, scoliosis, bulging neck disc. I sometimes get tired but after 61 years of being very active and hard work (I mean hard) naps are expected. Sometimes all of us need to slow down.

April 1, 2011 7:14 PM

It worked for me after about four days, which is all I could take. It relieves my constant back muscle spasms, but it knocks you out! It does make you feel very "on medication" in a very unpleasant sort of way. Difficult to perform everyday tasks such as driving.

October 16, 2010 9:47 PM

Review by lonely:

my husband had a seizure and went into heart failure and died after taking amrix for two days.

October 4, 2010 10:50 PM

Regarding the comment above that states Flexeril works but Amrix does not... as a pharmacist, I would like to clarify that both Flexeril and Amrix are brand names of the drug cyclobenzaprine, a muscle relaxant. Flexeril is released all at once, thus must be taken multiple times daily. Amrix is released slowly over 24 hrs, thus it is taken once daily.

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 27, 2010 10:03 AM

I was having muscle spasm and neck pain which was causing difficulty sleeping first night I took Amrix. I had complete relief. I had the best nights sleep I've ever had in a long time.

November 25, 2009 12:23 AM

Review by MaMa513:

I injured my back and it took me 4 days to visit the doctor. Even though he barely examined me, he prescribed me Amrix. I'm not the hugest fan! I am a busy mother who works full time and goes to school full time. Amrix makes you tired and not able to do a whole lot. It didn't help too much with the pain either.

November 5, 2009 9:50 AM

Review by hotmama5569:

I have had muscle spasm's for years. Flexeril has always worked for me. New doctor wanted to try this. Completely did not work at all.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 2, 2009 3:10 PM

Review by Youraway:

I've experienced recurring back spasms for many years. At times they are unbearable. Amrix really worked at easing the spasms, but I noticed a jittery feeling the next day. I also felt very shaky, but not dizzy, just jittery. It took about 24 hours after I stopped the medicine before the jitters went away. I also had a little slurred speech after one day of Amrix. I stopped the medicine and of course the spasms returned.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 29, 2009 6:19 PM

I have been taking this because of a fall in the produce department at the store (slipped on water). Severe hamstring issues and lower back. Not giving much relief.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 4, 2009 11:00 PM

Review by tprenner:

I have a herniated dic at C6-7 from an auto accident, 1 year ago. I've tried everything. I've had multiple trigger point injections and epidurals for the constant spams throughout my shoulders, neck and scapula. The combination of 1 year of injections and 1 week of Amrix. I can see a possibility of returning to work, without surgery, I hope. I still take pain medicine's, anti-inflammatory medicines and Lyrica. The Amrix has given everything a boost.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 19, 2009 2:54 PM

Review by godawgs:

Works great on my back spasm and you can really tell when they start to wear off.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 15, 2009 1:05 PM

Review by RiverHawk:

Don't take it in the morning or you may be sleepy all day. Doctor told me to take it about 6PM. No problem after the change.

July 28, 2009 7:48 PM

I took Amrix last night for the first time at about 9pm. It seemed like it took the edge off the pain. I never had a feeling of euphoria like some medicines are prone to deliver. About midnight I went to bed, I woke up at noon the next day. By 1:30 pm, I was back in bed till 4pm. The medicine works great at taking the pain away, but, if you need to be productive the next day and don't have 12-14 hours to dedicate to sleeping I wouldn't take this medicine. I'm glad I had nothing to do on a Saturday but I still didn't want to waste it by spending the whole day in bed sleeping.

June 20, 2009 6:01 PM

I have had cervical fusion in the past and when I am extremely stressed or do too much manual labor I sometimes get severe muscle spasms. I was given samples of Amrix and took it in the evening and slept like a baby. The next day at work I didn't have any drowsiness, but also did not have spasms or pain until it was time to take again. I took it only for 5 days and it was enough to calm the muscles down.

June 3, 2009 11:53 AM

I have neck problems and been on Amrix for a month and it has done wonders.

March 8, 2009 12:43 PM

I have taken a lot of pills and so many seem to mess up the head and confuse the body, but Amrix clears the muscle spasm without to many side effects on the body.

February 8, 2009 1:20 PM

Review by Dave B:

Works okay, gives average relief.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 6, 2009 7:56 PM

Amrix is the first muscle relaxer that has worked for me. I have multiple situations, my main complaint is a cramp that goes from my upper neck and right shoulder all the way down below the small of my back just to the right of my spine. Amrix helps me tremendously. I am so grateful for this medicine.

October 10, 2008 9:37 PM