Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Cipro

Learn more about Cipro.

Cipro review summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 302 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Tract Infection.

Reviews for Cipro to treat Urinary Tract Infection

Review by Miss Lisa June: User Rating:

Cipro really cured my urinary tract infection, but around my eyes I had hives and face swelling. But the medication out weighed the side effects. I will take Cipro again.

August 19, 2013 11:37 AM
Review by littlebit12356789: User Rating:

Cirpo gave me severe nerve pain in my neck and head less than 24 hours after starting the medication.

August 14, 2013 10:38 AM
Review by GoGreen02: User Rating:

Worked wonderfully. Was on Bactrim for a week with no relief, but after my first pill of Cipro I felt 100 times better and was sleeping through the night. On my fourth day of taking and no side effects and feeling awesome.

July 13, 2013 9:35 PM
Review by BetterMe (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I had a urinary tract infection, which unfortunately went up to my kidneys so my MD prescribed Cipro. I already felt better after 2 days of taking it however I was getting terrible headaches that do not go away even if I take over the counter meds. That's the least of my worries though, as long as my infection got treated.

July 6, 2013 6:20 PM
Review by BuckeyeFan23:

I took Cipro a year ago for a urinary tract infection and had very little side effects. I just started taking Cipro again two days ago for another UTI and this time it is making me miserable. I no longer have the symptoms of a UTI but my muscles hurt, I feel tired and I have had some diarrhea.

June 29, 2013 10:10 PM
Review by Jewelry Queen (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I was put on a dose of 1000 mg a day. Took care of the urinary tract infection like a charm but the side effects were not pleasant. I had heartburn and nausea after every dose, and antacids can't be taken for 2 hrs. after. I also had headaches and kept smelling burning plastic.

March 6, 2013 1:03 PM
Review by Anonymousme: User Rating:

After only two doses I experienced nausea, dizziness, stomach cramps, and muscle and joint pains. I couldn't finish the Cipro I was prescribed.

February 12, 2013 12:10 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Very effective, cleared up in 3 days. Felt dizzy and disoriented and uncomfortable in my stomach around the sternum. Often nauseous.

December 16, 2012 1:59 AM
Review by Spencebls56 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Was effective for my bladder infection but side effects are not good. After 3 days of medication, I developed severe pain in my Achilles tendon, both ankles. It continues to this day, 2 months later. I've also developed severe pain (tendonitis?), in my elbows. Never had this pain before taking Cipro.

November 28, 2012 12:08 PM
Review by cwhittaker (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Got my urinary tract infection at 10pm and within an hour I knew I was in trouble with the usual stinging and need to go to the bathroom but it happened so fast and before I knew it I was bleeding quite heavily. Immediately went to Emergency and was prescribed Cipro, within an hour I was getting relief. I'm dizzy and have ringing in my ears but very relieved the pain is subsiding, hopefully the bleeding will stop soon.

October 8, 2012 5:07 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Side effects were unbearable for my girlfriend so she stopped after only 1.5 days. She suffered from headaches, vomiting, achy all over, stomach pains, taste buds (bad taste). It seemed to help with the infection but at the end cycle of the dosage she was feeling much better. In 45 minutes after taking a pill it made her feel so sick again.

September 6, 2012 3:55 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I have had bladder and kidney infections all my life, and Cipro has been a lifesaver for over 25 years. I have never experienced any side effects, and feel better within hours/days depending on the severity of my symptoms. I take Cranberry supplements on a regular basis, and it seems to aid in preventing urinary tract infections.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 28, 2012 11:44 PM

Worked great for this.

May 15, 2012 11:07 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Seem to work well! This is the only one that seem to work. I have recurring urinary tract infections.

March 26, 2012 9:27 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I took Cipro for five days and had to stop. I can say that it took the symptoms of the urinary tract infection away and made me feel better that way. On the other hand, it really aggravated some inflammatory conditions that I have had under control for a long period of time.

March 26, 2012 2:11 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I had a horrible reaction to ciprofloxacin; extreme chills, nausea, sudden diarrhea, and dizziness.

March 9, 2012 6:00 AM

Relieved fever and other symptoms I had from a urinary tract infection in 24hours (like) made me feel a little funny and short of breath but anything is better having the chills from a fever.

February 8, 2012 8:56 PM
Review by scared of drugs: User Rating:

I WAS SCARED TO TAKE CIPRO. I REALLY FREAK OUT WHEN I HAVE TO TAKE MEDICATION. But I did with the support of friends and it works great for urinary tract infections with the first dose. I do have heartburn and gas but I'm still taking it and I will add a Zantac and Gas X tomorrow.

January 23, 2012 11:50 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I have taken Cipro before for my urinary tract infection. It worked then but not this time around. I now have hives and am very itchy with headaches.

October 2, 2011 2:31 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

After just one day, my symptoms were almost totally gone. It worked well.

October 1, 2011 8:38 PM

I've taken Cipro before for urinary tract infections but my body reacted badly this time. I had nausea, upset stomach, headaches and caused vomiting. It did help with relieving urinary tract infections symptoms after 2 days. I finished my entire prescription and I still have some side effects.

September 30, 2011 1:34 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Cipro has cleared up my infection quick, but it gave me a yeast infection and a very itchy rectum.

July 17, 2011 4:01 AM
Review by No Go: User Rating:

Took this medicine during Chemo and Radiation. Did not work, may have been because of the Chemo and Radiation, just not sure. Was given Bactrim and that did not work either. I am now on my 3rd of 5 day Levaquin dose and passed my AZO UTI over the counter test this morning, yea. Two months of a UTI is a bit much, although, I now know what works for future.

January 23, 2011 2:32 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Cleared up the infection but caused dizziness, nausea, insomnia, and headaches.

July 17, 2010 4:43 AM
Review by Empress13: User Rating:

I used Cipro for a urinary tract infection (I do not usually get urinary tract infections). The first night I took it, I felt better by the next morning. It took a few hours before I felt better (where I didn't have to go to the bathroom every 3 minutes), but it let me sleep and by the next day that burning sensation had gone away. The only side effect, was I felt nauseated and sluggish the first day. After that, it was great to get back to normal.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 30, 2010 1:55 PM