User Reviews for Cipro

Learn more about Cipro.

Cipro Rating Summary

6.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 383 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Tract Infection.

Reviews for Cipro to treat Urinary Tract Infection

"I went to the ER last night because of a pulled back muscle that occurred 2 weeks ago...the pain(lower back) was just unbearable! And when the pain also moved up to my kidney I thought "ok something is seriously wrong here...Turns out I had a pretty bad UTI that I didn't know about (NONE of the usual symptoms, pee flow regular, no spotting, etc.) 1st time ever being prescribed Cipro, 500mg 2x a day. Took 1st dose immediately after filling my script(10pm), second one 12hrs later(10am) by morning I had severe dry mouth after taking 2nd dose so I started drinking a Gatorade and immediately started vomiting, my kidney hurts more than it did before going to ER, headache since last night, and I'm only on day 1 :("

K.K. May 2, 2016

"Took just one tablet, I was rushed to hospital I could not even pick my hand up. Sadly someone gave me a 2nd dose in hospital the next day, 20 mins later I went into.. ANAPHYLAXIS SHOCK .. I had 8 Drs round my bed doing so many things. Thank GOD for those 8 Drs ACTING so FAST. Had I not been in hospital that day. I would not be here now to tell my Story. I was told is was a very close call even though I was in hospital. This was a truly Terrifying thing to happen. I am now so scared to take any antibiotic. 18.3.2016"

Cipro202 (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2016

"I Took just one tablet, i was rushed to hospital I could not even pick my hand up. Sadly someone gave me a 2nd dose in hospital the next day, 20 mins later I went into.. ANAPHYLAXIS SHOCK .. I had 8 Drs round my bed doing so many things. Thank GOD for those 8 Drs ACTING so FAST. Had I not been in hospital that day. I would not be here now to tell my Story. I was told is was a very close call even though I was in hospital. This was a truly Terrifying thing to happen. I am now so scared to take any antibiotic. 18.3.2016"

J Adams (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2016

"I had a UTI and was prescribed Cipro (250 mg 2x for 10 days). The pain and frequency went down on day two and after day three, I felt normal. The only side-effect I had was itching."

Walter Gathers March 18, 2016

"Was given a 3 day treatment for a UTI, 250mg every 12 hours. I had let the UTI get really bad before treatment, so my experience may not be representative of someone who catches it early. The horrendous symptoms were gone within a day, but I've just taken my last one and still feel irregular urgency and burning upon urination. Going back to the dr today."

mc223 February 29, 2016

"I took Cipro for a UTI about a year ago and had absolutely no problems. Pain and urgency to pee subsided after the second dose if I recall correctly. Two days ago I felt the symptoms of a UTI creep up on me and today I just started Cipro again. Hoping I have no side effects this time either!"

JessSSSSSSSSSSSSEC February 27, 2016

"I developed foot neuropathy from use of this medicine."

Carona February 26, 2016

"Developed severe reactions to Cipro. Took 250 mg for only two days but developed itching, rash, nausea and headache that lasted days after I stopped taking it."

E. J. February 6, 2016

"It worked great for me! I took my first pill on Friday night and the pain was gone when I woke up on Saturday morning. What a relief!"

MBBurns (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2016

"Took for 7 days, twice daily at 250 mg. This medication did nothing for me, still have my UTI."

Jill L January 6, 2016

"I was suffering from a UTI for over 2 weeks. Burning had stopped but was loosing my mind over how severe the urgency was. I got prescribed macrobid, after 4 days of no relief I went to the ER and got prescribed Cipro 500mg two times a day for 5 days. I took my second pill and my symptoms are 98% gone. The only side effect was a bit of anxiety after the first pill. But, this could've been because I had read so many scary reviews. I'm truly grateful for this drug. I was sleepless and restless to the point of depression. So happy something is finally helping!"

Dreaasan January 4, 2016

"I had a urinary tract infection so bad that when I pee it smells but when I started taking ciprofloxacin it worked it's a good medicine for a urinary tract infections."

Fat face (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2015

"I was seen in the local ER, for uti, was taking macrobid,didn't work .so the ER doc gave me cipro 500mg twice day for five days.only side effect is weird dreams,and thirsty.this med works!!"

female 40 November 23, 2015

"I'll give it a few stars because it made my UTI symptoms BETTER.. However did NOT clear up the infection! I just finished up the bottle after taking twice a day for ten days. Yet 2 days later I am feeling the terrible symptoms all over again, like nothing has changed. Will be going back to the Dr tomorrow for a stronger medication."

Am1234567 (taken for less than 1 month) November 2, 2015

"I have a bad UTI and was doubled over in severe pain. After the first pill of Cipro (500 mills), the pain has lessened dramatically. I'm shocked it worked so quickly! However, all antibiotics make me nauseous and fatigued, but I'll take that over severe pain."

MissMaren (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2015

"it help with the pain but as far as the side effects my heels feel horrible feels like pins and needles worse feeling ever"

loveblu (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2015

"This was prescribed for my son who has Cerebral Palsy and is confined to a wheelchair. He became swollen in his legs ankles and feet. Took for 48 hours and discontinued as the swelling progressed. Rushed to MD, had to take a different medicine (Macrobid). Thankfully the swelling subsided in a few days. I have read many horror stories about the side effects of this medicine - some permanent! I do not recommend. Please keep in mind that a urine sample should always be cultured, not just tested with a dipstick as the treatment really depends on the type of bacteria that's causing the uti."

Stressed Mother October 13, 2015

"I took Cipro for a UTI. It worked great. I took 750mg twice a day for 10 days and it worked perfectly. After the first dose I start feeling relief from my UTI symptoms ( frequent urge, slight incontinience, shy bladder, etc). I gave Cipro a thumbs up. I am late twenties, male, active, no allergies."

J4x0n30D October 8, 2015

"This is poison and can cause long term muscular, joint and nerve damage and degeneration. After one pill I felt leg pain and tightness that felt muscular in nature. I talked to my doctor and she didn't associate it with cipro. After another day of taking it, the pain began migrating, heading into my joints and moving all around my body. I popped my shoulder and had excruciating pain taking my briefcase out of my car. I read on line and found out about cipro toxicity. I called my doctor and said I read about this and given my symptoms I thought I should stop it. They agreed. I have been off the pills for 5 days now and still have the roving pains. Mostly in legs, shooting, burning, aching, tight alternating. Hands,shoulders,knees..."

Rae Mackgee September 20, 2015

"I have taken Cipro many times, but, only a 250mg at a time. Taken 2 times a day. Maybe these other people that were on 500mg's were on to high a dose. I've never had a bad experience with it, only relief & stopped the UTI. I can't take a sulfa med because I'm allergic to it. So this works. I was on it for 5 days."

pbp (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2015

"I was given the pill 2 times per day at 500 mg. I am in my early 30's and feeling still overall blah on the 4th day of the meds. Feeling numb on my feet and nausea after taking the pill. I am on no other medications. Normally I rarely remember my dreams, but last two nights I have horrible nightmares."

DashAEW September 5, 2015

"I would give it a negative 100 if I could. It is being misused for simple infections and has destroyed 100s of 1000s of lives. It destroyed mine. (after only 4 pills). look up Cipro toxicity. Got to the fluoroquinolone wall of pain. Do some homework but do NOT take this drugs unless you are dying and there is no other option."

hedgey (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2015

"This is a miracle pill! It works for UTI's. As a little girl up until now and I'm 29 I've always got UTI's, especially in my early 20's every month literally. After meeting with the specialist who prescribed me Cipro, he said take 1 pill when you feel the symptoms and ever since then I feel my UTI's are under control I've got 2-3 per year which is amazing for me considering I been getting these my whole life, I can't be more pleased!! I had no side affects from the pill. Thank you doctor for this prescription!! Happy patient"

Vonnie Acosta July 29, 2015

"Oh man thank God for this drug!!!!!! I literally JUST realized I have a UTI and I'm out of the country, but I have ciprofloxacin with me. I can tell I only just developed the UTI since symptoms weren't unbearable yet. Within the last 30 minutes since taking the pill I already have some relief. I'm concerned about the possible side effects after reading these reviews, but honestly I feel like anything is better than a UTI."

Gwen82091 July 19, 2015

"I found out I had a UTI a week after I had my annual physical examination. I did not get my prescription until a week later so I would assume I had the UTI for two weeks to a month. Doc prescribed me to take two 500mg daily. The side affects suck. Night one I did not sleep. I took a 3 hour nap and was up for 16 hours. Day two's morning dose had me nauseous. I just took my night dose so hopefully the side effects won't be bad. My UTI symptoms went away within my first dosage (slight pressure, cloudy urine, sensitivity)"

Kc. (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2015