User Reviews for Cipro

Learn more about Cipro.

Cipro Rating Summary

6.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 383 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Tract Infection.

Reviews for Cipro to treat Urinary Tract Infection

"I had a UTI back in 2013 and took one dose of Cipro (250 MG) and within hours it started to clear up and by the following day the UTI was gone. I now have another UTI. I took 1 dose again of the 250 MG pill and after about 7-8 hours, I felt about 60% better. I just now took a 2nd dose. Hopefully this will completely clear it up. I haven't noticed any side effects other than a minor headache. But like I said, I have only take 2 doses at the max."

Melanie Response May 18, 2016

"I have had a uti for about 2 weeks now.. The first week I was prescribed 100mg twice a day of macrobid which did absolutely nothing to my uti. I went in for a physical days after finishing macrobid and was told I still had a uti so I was put on 500 mg of cipro twice a day. Ever since getting on cipro I have had pain everywhere in my body. I now have pain in my leg and behind my knee, I have horrible pain on my right side of my shoulder and neck & I also have a sore feeling all over my chest area.. On top of that I feel as if something on my face is swollen? It does not appear swollen but I fell my tongue is a bit bigger and so are other parts of my face.. This is torture.. I can not wait to get off of this stuf.."

Stay away (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2016

"Kept getting Cipro for UTI's. Would go away and resurface 6 weeks later . Then began the excruciating pain in legs and ankles, brain fog, a whole list of things going wrong. Do your research and only if you are on deaths door agree to take this poison . It may work at first but you are likely to pay months and years later. So not worth it!"

PKO May 14, 2016

"Horrible pain and Nerve damage in my feet after one pill. Couldn't walk normally for over a month and had to roll around in a chair. Turns out I didn't even have the UTI they prescribed it for, but the nerves will still get painful and make walking hard today, which is 6 years later. I wouldn't recommend taking this unless your infection is life threatening!"

Nerve Damage (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2016

"I went to the ER last night because of a pulled back muscle that occurred 2 weeks ago...the pain(lower back) was just unbearable! And when the pain also moved up to my kidney I thought "ok something is seriously wrong here...Turns out I had a pretty bad UTI that I didn't know about (NONE of the usual symptoms, pee flow regular, no spotting, etc.) 1st time ever being prescribed Cipro, 500mg 2x a day. Took 1st dose immediately after filling my script(10pm), second one 12hrs later(10am) by morning I had severe dry mouth after taking 2nd dose so I started drinking a Gatorade and immediately started vomiting, my kidney hurts more than it did before going to ER, headache since last night, and I'm only on day 1 :("

K.K. May 2, 2016

"Took just one tablet, I was rushed to hospital I could not even pick my hand up. Sadly someone gave me a 2nd dose in hospital the next day, 20 mins later I went into.. ANAPHYLAXIS SHOCK .. I had 8 Drs round my bed doing so many things. Thank GOD for those 8 Drs ACTING so FAST. Had I not been in hospital that day. I would not be here now to tell my Story. I was told is was a very close call even though I was in hospital. This was a truly Terrifying thing to happen. I am now so scared to take any antibiotic. 18.3.2016"

Cipro202 (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2016

"I Took just one tablet, i was rushed to hospital I could not even pick my hand up. Sadly someone gave me a 2nd dose in hospital the next day, 20 mins later I went into.. ANAPHYLAXIS SHOCK .. I had 8 Drs round my bed doing so many things. Thank GOD for those 8 Drs ACTING so FAST. Had I not been in hospital that day. I would not be here now to tell my Story. I was told is was a very close call even though I was in hospital. This was a truly Terrifying thing to happen. I am now so scared to take any antibiotic. 18.3.2016"

J Adams (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2016

"I had a UTI and was prescribed Cipro (250 mg 2x for 10 days). The pain and frequency went down on day two and after day three, I felt normal. The only side-effect I had was itching."

Walter Gathers March 18, 2016

"Was given a 3 day treatment for a UTI, 250mg every 12 hours. I had let the UTI get really bad before treatment, so my experience may not be representative of someone who catches it early. The horrendous symptoms were gone within a day, but I've just taken my last one and still feel irregular urgency and burning upon urination. Going back to the dr today."

mc223 February 29, 2016

"I took Cipro for a UTI about a year ago and had absolutely no problems. Pain and urgency to pee subsided after the second dose if I recall correctly. Two days ago I felt the symptoms of a UTI creep up on me and today I just started Cipro again. Hoping I have no side effects this time either!"

JessSSSSSSSSSSSSEC February 27, 2016

"I developed foot neuropathy from use of this medicine."

Carona February 26, 2016

"Developed severe reactions to Cipro. Took 250 mg for only two days but developed itching, rash, nausea and headache that lasted days after I stopped taking it."

E. J. February 6, 2016

"It worked great for me! I took my first pill on Friday night and the pain was gone when I woke up on Saturday morning. What a relief!"

MBBurns (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2016

"Took for 7 days, twice daily at 250 mg. This medication did nothing for me, still have my UTI."

Jill L January 6, 2016

"I was suffering from a UTI for over 2 weeks. Burning had stopped but was loosing my mind over how severe the urgency was. I got prescribed macrobid, after 4 days of no relief I went to the ER and got prescribed Cipro 500mg two times a day for 5 days. I took my second pill and my symptoms are 98% gone. The only side effect was a bit of anxiety after the first pill. But, this could've been because I had read so many scary reviews. I'm truly grateful for this drug. I was sleepless and restless to the point of depression. So happy something is finally helping!"

Dreaasan January 4, 2016

"I had a urinary tract infection so bad that when I pee it smells but when I started taking ciprofloxacin it worked it's a good medicine for a urinary tract infections."

Fat face (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2015

"I was seen in the local ER, for uti, was taking macrobid,didn't work .so the ER doc gave me cipro 500mg twice day for five days.only side effect is weird dreams,and thirsty.this med works!!"

female 40 November 23, 2015

"I'll give it a few stars because it made my UTI symptoms BETTER.. However did NOT clear up the infection! I just finished up the bottle after taking twice a day for ten days. Yet 2 days later I am feeling the terrible symptoms all over again, like nothing has changed. Will be going back to the Dr tomorrow for a stronger medication."

Am1234567 (taken for less than 1 month) November 2, 2015

"I have a bad UTI and was doubled over in severe pain. After the first pill of Cipro (500 mills), the pain has lessened dramatically. I'm shocked it worked so quickly! However, all antibiotics make me nauseous and fatigued, but I'll take that over severe pain."

MissMaren (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2015

"it help with the pain but as far as the side effects my heels feel horrible feels like pins and needles worse feeling ever"

loveblu (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2015

"This was prescribed for my son who has Cerebral Palsy and is confined to a wheelchair. He became swollen in his legs ankles and feet. Took for 48 hours and discontinued as the swelling progressed. Rushed to MD, had to take a different medicine (Macrobid). Thankfully the swelling subsided in a few days. I have read many horror stories about the side effects of this medicine - some permanent! I do not recommend. Please keep in mind that a urine sample should always be cultured, not just tested with a dipstick as the treatment really depends on the type of bacteria that's causing the uti."

Stressed Mother October 13, 2015

"I took Cipro for a UTI. It worked great. I took 750mg twice a day for 10 days and it worked perfectly. After the first dose I start feeling relief from my UTI symptoms ( frequent urge, slight incontinience, shy bladder, etc). I gave Cipro a thumbs up. I am late twenties, male, active, no allergies."

J4x0n30D October 8, 2015

"This is poison and can cause long term muscular, joint and nerve damage and degeneration. After one pill I felt leg pain and tightness that felt muscular in nature. I talked to my doctor and she didn't associate it with cipro. After another day of taking it, the pain began migrating, heading into my joints and moving all around my body. I popped my shoulder and had excruciating pain taking my briefcase out of my car. I read on line and found out about cipro toxicity. I called my doctor and said I read about this and given my symptoms I thought I should stop it. They agreed. I have been off the pills for 5 days now and still have the roving pains. Mostly in legs, shooting, burning, aching, tight alternating. Hands,shoulders,knees..."

Rae Mackgee September 20, 2015

"I have taken Cipro many times, but, only a 250mg at a time. Taken 2 times a day. Maybe these other people that were on 500mg's were on to high a dose. I've never had a bad experience with it, only relief & stopped the UTI. I can't take a sulfa med because I'm allergic to it. So this works. I was on it for 5 days."

pbp (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2015

"I was given the pill 2 times per day at 500 mg. I am in my early 30's and feeling still overall blah on the 4th day of the meds. Feeling numb on my feet and nausea after taking the pill. I am on no other medications. Normally I rarely remember my dreams, but last two nights I have horrible nightmares."

DashAEW September 5, 2015