User Reviews for Rocephin

Learn more about Rocephin.

Gonococcal Infection, Uncomplicated 1 reviews 35 medications

Kidney Infections 1 reviews 89 medications

3.5
Joint Infection 1 reviews 44 medications

Bacteremia 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bone infection 0 reviews 62 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chancroid 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Conjunctivitis 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Endocarditis 0 reviews 40 medications Not rated - Be the first
Endometritis 0 reviews 15 medications Not rated - Be the first
Epididymitis, Non-Specific 0 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Epiglottitis 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gastroenteritis 0 reviews 21 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Disseminated 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Arthritis 0 reviews 34 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Carditis 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lyme Disease, Neurologic 1 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Meningitis 0 reviews 69 medications Not rated - Be the first
Meningococcal Meningitis Prophylaxis 0 reviews 14 medications Not rated - Be the first
Neurosyphilis 0 reviews 4 medications Not rated - Be the first
Peritonitis 0 reviews 73 medications Not rated - Be the first
Prostatitis 0 reviews 45 medications Not rated - Be the first
STD Prophylaxis 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
Salmonella Gastroenteritis 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Sepsis 0 reviews 18 medications Not rated - Be the first
Shigellosis 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Skin and Structure Infection 0 reviews 60 medications Not rated - Be the first
Skin or Soft Tissue Infection 0 reviews 152 medications Not rated - Be the first
Surgical Prophylaxis 0 reviews 51 medications Not rated - Be the first
Syphilis, Early 0 reviews 40 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Rocephin reviews 34 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Rocephin

For Joint Infection "Major gastrointestinal side effects including nausea and diarrhea"

PhilI nl (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I've gotten uti's twice a year for over a decade. Azo doesn't even take a little of the pain away...mine are always terrible! Uti hit me hard yesterday and I went to the clinic I asked for this shot based on people on the Internet saying it helped so fast. It's true. The shot hurts but nothing is worse than the pain of the uti. I felt better within hours. It's usually a couple of days before I get to feeling better using antibiotic pills so I definitely recommend the shot!!"

being a woman isn't fun (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "10 weeks pregnant and found out I had a bladder infection/urinary tract infection. Doctor first prescribed Macro. Those were the worst 3 days ever. I could not stop throwing up. The smell of food made me nauseous. I was weak and did not move from the bed for 3 day which is not like me at all. I am a very active person. I called the on-call doctor on Sunday night and she told me to stop taking Macro and to come in tomorrow to get the Rocephin shot. I have to say just from one day of being off Macro I already feel better but not 100%. I took the Rocephin shot and started to feel better little by little after 3 hours. I expected for the shot to hurt a lot. However, it only burned a little for a short period of time."

Dibursian (taken for less than 1 month) December 22, 2014

For Gonococcal Infection, Uncomplicated "Worked so fast that before I left office I felt better"

Cleaning out (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2014

For Urinary Tract Infection "Thank God for this shot! Doc had me on cephalaxin which only made it worse and then macro if which made me deathly sick. I couldn't take it anymore since I was pregnant and already miserable! OB gave me this shot in right hip and I couldn't feel more better. Turns out I don't have any pregnancy symptoms it was the urinary tract infection making me feel so awful! I felt better an hour after the shot and have been actually able to eat more than 2 bites of food since! Worth the burn and soreness afterwords."

Preggo (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2014

For Pneumonia "Saved my life when I had a bacterial pneumonia."

nurse annie April 15, 2014

For Pneumonia "I'm a healthy 71 year old male with one weakness - my lungs. I've had bronchitis as a boy and had pneumonia twice before and this is the third time getting pneumonia. The Rocephin was added to an slow intravenous drip. Good relief the first day and today, the second day of treatment, I got my appetite back. I have one more day of intravenous and I think I may be back to near normal."

Uncle Fred (taken for less than 1 month) December 22, 2013

For Urinary Tract Infection "Very bad urinary tract infection. Was given Septra after three days still not better. Dr had me in office for IV Rocepehin. Problem cleared up within hours!"

jones2 November 23, 2013

For Pneumonia "Had a 102 degrees temp for 4 days, 101 degrees for 4 days. Felt like I was coughing up my lungs and could not catch my breath. Sounded like a gurgling sound in my lungs all the time. Was the worst I ever felt. Went to Dr. and got a shot and within 6 hrs I was ready to go cut the grass."

#1 October 18, 2013

For Pneumonia "Sick for 4 weeks, went to Doctor. Ear infection, sinus infection and bronchitis prescriptions of Augmentin and Mucinex. Since 6 months earlier I had pneumonia that took me out of work for short term disability, when I heard the tell tale "rattling" on my left side 8 days later, went back to Doctor. So after 5 weeks of coughing, sneezing, headaches and overwhelming tiredness, I received a shot of this. I had not had a shot of anything for many years and it did hurt. I am not a wimpy, owy person. It did hurt. It hurt for 45 minutes. But the next morning, I woke without coughing up a lung, rested, and feeling better than I had for a month. The second day (now) I am headed out to cut the grass after vacuuming the house. Yeah."

Brenda Bean (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2013

For Pneumonia "I wish I would have received as fast a healing as others had with Rocephin, but it still worked! I had a very severe case of pneumonia and was hospitalized for three weeks. I was given Rocephin by IV while in the hospital and four weeks at home. Although my illness was stubborn the Rocephin did it's job and now my lung is clear of infection. I am thankful for the doctor that prescribed the medicine and those that make it."

stubborn illness (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2013

For Bacterial Infection "When I get sick, within 24 hrs, it goes into infection. This is the only shot that is strong enough to help the infection. My immune system cannot fight for me anymore and win, I only wish the shot had cured this infection. I had one on Thursday and after the injection at the dr office, within 8 hrs, all of the symptoms went away but came back 3 days later so I have to go back again today."

Anonymous February 6, 2012

For Bacterial Infection "I was given Rocephin by i.v in ER. Within minutes I was having a severe anaphylactic reaction. I was in the hospital almost a week. Its a great medicine for other people in my family. For me ...sudden death. Be sure to remain at doctors office or ER for at least 30 mins after receiving this medicine... it could really make a difference if you are allergic."

Anonymous February 2, 2012

For Urinary Tract Infection "Received Rocephin injection in left hip for urinary tract infection. The injection itself was not any worse than any other I've received, but as the medicine starts making its way into the body it becomes very uncomfortable. It feels very bruised and knotty at the injection site. However, I know this medicine works very well for this condition as I've had this twice previously, otherwise I would not put myself through the discomfort. It is only painful from about 2-3 minutes following the injection up to about 30 minutes following when the pain wears down to barely noticeable except when the area is touched. Its highly worth the brief pain and discomfort. I always feel much better within 24 hours following the shot."

Anonymous January 9, 2012

For Pneumonia "Great! Received IV drip and felt better in less than 6 hours after IV! Miracle!"

Locodriver January 7, 2012

For Pneumonia "I've been sick with what I thought was just a cold for the last 3 weeks and finally my cough got so bad the other day that it hurt in my back every time I coughed or took a deep breath. I went to the urgent care clinic and found out I have walking pneumonia. They gave me a shot of Rocephin and Dexatron. It didn't even take 30 mins. for it to begin working on my breathing and my lungs. I was already feeling halfway better when I left the doctors office and when I woke up today I feel almost back to normal. With the exception of my right buttock a little tender from the shots and I have a little leg pain. I am so thankful for this shot.I have been in misery for the last 3 weeks and it took less than 24 hours for this medicine to start healing."

Shanna2012 January 5, 2012

For Otitis Media "I have been given this for otitis media and upper respiratory infections. It is a good "kick start" but the full effect is only achieved after a three-day course of injections. It works but is quite painful, especially for pediatric patients."

Anonymous October 31, 2011

For Otitis Media "My daughter gets ear infections and along with that she gets nightly vomiting. Keeping the oral antibiotics down is difficult then after 10 days its still not gone. Thanks for Rocephin it is the only thing that really gets the job done. Why have your little one suffer?"

tkk1229 July 21, 2011

For Intraabdominal Infection "I was placed on a 30-day course of Rocephin via I.V. infusion (PICC line) by my infectious diseases doctor to handle a persistent, recurring and resistant strain of E coli that had caused a very serious intestinal infection. The infection caused perforation and led to an emergency ileocecectomy, partial colectomy and resection of my sigmoid colon. Taking the Rocephin was easy - it came in small pre-pressurized "bulbs" that I attached to the PICC line once a day and then carried around with me in a pocket for 30-40 minutes while it administered the proper dosage. Rocephin worked wonderfully for me, with zero side effects. My white blood cell count fell back to normal levels within a week of starting the treatment, and I have been infection-free now for more than 90 days."

Innovator2020 March 23, 2011

For Bacterial Infection "Sore Throat Guy: About a week ago I had a sore throat. I begantaking two pills a day of Augmentin which had always worked well for me but not this time and I had taken about 7 days of it. Yesterday I returned to my family doctor because I began having a very bad ear ache. He decided to give me a shot of Rocephin. The nurse came in with the shot and she told me that it was going to hurt. I told her I wanted it in my left hip. She again told me it was going to hurt I told her. She said here we go and I saw when she inserted the needle and I told her I didn't even feel it she sorta laughed. Then she began injecting it and I've had shots before however she was right. IT HURT! Today my pain is 99.9% gone. So it worked great for me."

TBranch November 30, 2010

For Bacterial Infection "Being given IV Rocephin 1 gram for severe injury to left ear as prophylaxis to prevent infection. After two days (two doses) I have not experienced any side effects at all, nor any signs of infection."

RSiiro November 13, 2010

For Urinary Tract Infection "Was given this after ER visit with severe testicular, urethra, and kidney pain. Tests for STD's were negative (ER did this anyway), so only conclusion was very bad UTI. Medicine (shot in buttocks) cleared up problem within 72 hrs, even though azithromycin (1 g dose) given for bronchitis 1 week earlier did not."

betternow January 10, 2010

For Urinary Tract Infection "Noticed major improvement 4 hours after injection."

Anonymous December 18, 2009

For Kidney Infections "I had an allergic reaction to this medicine. This drug could be a good drug for others but it wasn't a good one for me. "

the 3 O's October 13, 2009

For Bacterial Infection "My son had an unexplained high fever (103.5) for almost 5 days. He was admitted to the hospital and was given iv Rocephin, and within 24 hrs the fever was gone and he was his old self again. We never quite knew what caused his fever, but whatever it was the Rocephin worked."

Anonymous September 7, 2009