User Reviews for Rocephin

Learn more about Rocephin.

Rocephin review summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 878 medications used in the treatment of Bacterial Infection.

Reviews for Rocephin to treat Bacterial Infection

When I get sick, within 24 hrs, it goes into infection. This is the only shot that is strong enough to help the infection. My immune system cannot fight for me anymore and win, I only wish the shot had cured this infection. I had one on Thursday and after the injection at the dr office, within 8 hrs, all of the symptoms went away but came back 3 days later so I have to go back again today.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 6, 2012 7:57 AM

I was given Rocephin by i.v in ER. Within minutes I was having a severe anaphylactic reaction. I was in the hospital almost a week. Its a great medicine for other people in my family. For me ...sudden death. Be sure to remain at doctors office or ER for at least 30 mins after receiving this medicine... it could really make a difference if you are allergic.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 2, 2012 8:31 PM

Review by TBranch:

Sore Throat Guy: About a week ago I had a sore throat. I begantaking two pills a day of Augmentin which had always worked well for me but not this time and I had taken about 7 days of it. Yesterday I returned to my family doctor because I began having a very bad ear ache. He decided to give me a shot of Rocephin. The nurse came in with the shot and she told me that it was going to hurt. I told her I wanted it in my left hip. She again told me it was going to hurt I told her. She said here we go and I saw when she inserted the needle and I told her I didn't even feel it she sorta laughed. Then she began injecting it and I've had shots before however she was right. IT HURT! Today my pain is 99.9% gone. So it worked great for me.

November 30, 2010 10:59 AM

Review by RSiiro:

Being given IV Rocephin 1 gram for severe injury to left ear as prophylaxis to prevent infection. After two days (two doses) I have not experienced any side effects at all, nor any signs of infection.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 13, 2010 4:47 PM

My son had an unexplained high fever (103.5) for almost 5 days. He was admitted to the hospital and was given iv Rocephin, and within 24 hrs the fever was gone and he was his old self again. We never quite knew what caused his fever, but whatever it was the Rocephin worked.

September 7, 2009 3:31 PM

I received 1 gram in each hip once per week for 3 weeks to knock out an infection I had. It's been a month since my last injection. I think I can still feel the 6 lumps in my hips, but it knocked out the infection.

June 25, 2009 11:55 AM

Review by shut up:

Very good drug. Has worked very well for my daughter's ear infections.

June 24, 2009 1:27 PM

My son had an infection and a virus at the same time. Had a fever of 104.02 at it's highest for over ten days. One shot of this and within one day he was almost completely his old self. It was painful to get the shot but the results were well worth it.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 30, 2009 11:51 PM

My child ran a fever for days from a throat infection. It got up to 105.6. He got a shot of Rocephin and was 90% better by the next day.

December 16, 2008 12:25 PM