User Reviews for Rocephin

Learn more about Rocephin.

Rocephin review summary

9.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 307 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Tract Infection.

Reviews for Rocephin to treat Urinary Tract Infection

Review by Preggo (taken for less than 1 month):

Thank God for this shot! Doc had me on cephalaxin which only made it worse and then macro if which made me deathly sick. I couldn't take it anymore since I was pregnant and already miserable! OB gave me this shot in right hip and I couldn't feel more better. Turns out I don't have any pregnancy symptoms it was the urinary tract infection making me feel so awful! I felt better an hour after the shot and have been actually able to eat more than 2 bites of food since! Worth the burn and soreness afterwords.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 19, 2014 5:16 PM

Review by jones2:

Very bad urinary tract infection. Was given Septra after three days still not better. Dr had me in office for IV Rocepehin. Problem cleared up within hours!

November 23, 2013 9:29 AM

Received Rocephin injection in left hip for urinary tract infection. The injection itself was not any worse than any other I've received, but as the medicine starts making its way into the body it becomes very uncomfortable. It feels very bruised and knotty at the injection site. However, I know this medicine works very well for this condition as I've had this twice previously, otherwise I would not put myself through the discomfort. It is only painful from about 2-3 minutes following the injection up to about 30 minutes following when the pain wears down to barely noticeable except when the area is touched. Its highly worth the brief pain and discomfort. I always feel much better within 24 hours following the shot.

January 9, 2012 10:41 AM

Review by betternow:

Was given this after ER visit with severe testicular, urethra, and kidney pain. Tests for STD's were negative (ER did this anyway), so only conclusion was very bad UTI. Medicine (shot in buttocks) cleared up problem within 72 hrs, even though azithromycin (1 g dose) given for bronchitis 1 week earlier did not.

January 10, 2010 12:42 AM

Noticed major improvement 4 hours after injection.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 18, 2009 5:03 PM