Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Rocephin

Learn more about Rocephin.

Rocephin review summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 173 medications used in the treatment of Pneumonia.

Reviews for Rocephin to treat Pneumonia

Review by nurse annie:

Saved my life when I had a bacterial pneumonia.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 15, 2014 12:54 AM

Review by Uncle Fred (taken for less than 1 month):

I'm a healthy 71 year old male with one weakness - my lungs. I've had bronchitis as a boy and had pneumonia twice before and this is the third time getting pneumonia. The Rocephin was added to an slow intravenous drip. Good relief the first day and today, the second day of treatment, I got my appetite back. I have one more day of intravenous and I think I may be back to near normal.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 22, 2013 12:24 AM

Review by #1:

Had a 102 degrees temp for 4 days, 101 degrees for 4 days. Felt like I was coughing up my lungs and could not catch my breath. Sounded like a gurgling sound in my lungs all the time. Was the worst I ever felt. Went to Dr. and got a shot and within 6 hrs I was ready to go cut the grass.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 18, 2013 6:13 PM

Review by Brenda Bean (taken for less than 1 month):

Sick for 4 weeks, went to Doctor. Ear infection, sinus infection and bronchitis prescriptions of Augmentin and Mucinex. Since 6 months earlier I had pneumonia that took me out of work for short term disability, when I heard the tell tale "rattling" on my left side 8 days later, went back to Doctor. So after 5 weeks of coughing, sneezing, headaches and overwhelming tiredness, I received a shot of this. I had not had a shot of anything for many years and it did hurt. I am not a wimpy, owy person. It did hurt. It hurt for 45 minutes. But the next morning, I woke without coughing up a lung, rested, and feeling better than I had for a month. The second day (now) I am headed out to cut the grass after vacuuming the house. Yeah.

March 30, 2013 8:56 AM

Review by stubborn illness (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I wish I would have received as fast a healing as others had with Rocephin, but it still worked! I had a very severe case of pneumonia and was hospitalized for three weeks. I was given Rocephin by IV while in the hospital and four weeks at home. Although my illness was stubborn the Rocephin did it's job and now my lung is clear of infection. I am thankful for the doctor that prescribed the medicine and those that make it.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 26, 2013 12:18 PM

Review by Locodriver:

Great! Received IV drip and felt better in less than 6 hours after IV! Miracle!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 7, 2012 3:14 AM

Review by Shanna2012:

I've been sick with what I thought was just a cold for the last 3 weeks and finally my cough got so bad the other day that it hurt in my back every time I coughed or took a deep breath. I went to the urgent care clinic and found out I have walking pneumonia. They gave me a shot of Rocephin and Dexatron. It didn't even take 30 mins. for it to begin working on my breathing and my lungs. I was already feeling halfway better when I left the doctors office and when I woke up today I feel almost back to normal. With the exception of my right buttock a little tender from the shots and I have a little leg pain. I am so thankful for this shot.I have been in misery for the last 3 weeks and it took less than 24 hours for this medicine to start healing.

January 5, 2012 8:55 AM

I was told by my physician after tests that I had pneumonia. He gave me a shot of rocephin. The next morning I was almost back to normal, except for having a very sore butt. I feel much better.

August 20, 2009 6:44 PM

Review by dbhlaw:

I rate this low because I am an exception. Within 3 minutes of my shot I had severe reaction and it took excellent medical intervention to save me. I have never had any allergic reaction to any food, product, or medicine prior to this shot. I am informed this is an excellent drug, however, do not take this shot without the first being at a clinic or other medical setting.

May 30, 2009 9:51 PM

It has only been a day since my 4 month old son was diagnosed with double lobe pneumonia. I have seen a huge difference within the past 24 hours. It's hard to believe he was sick for 3 weeks prior. We were told it was just a cold. So I took him back every few days until they finally listened to me. He ran 103 fever for about 5 days and it has disappeared.

April 2, 2009 6:59 AM