User Reviews for Capsaicin

Also known as: Analgesic Balm with Capsaicin, Axsain, Capsicum Oleoresin, Capsin, Capzasin, Capzasin Back and Body, Capzasin Quick Relief, Capzasin-HP, Capzasin-HP Arthritis Formula, Capzasin-P, Castiva Warming, Dolorac, Drs Cream, GNP Capsaicin, Icy Hot PM Patch, ...show all 33 brand names

Learn more about Capsaicin.

Capsaicin Review Summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 260 medications used in the treatment of Osteoarthritis.

Reviews for Capsaicin to treat Osteoarthritis

Zostrix (capsaicin): "Works best after a few doses."

Ran411 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2015

Zostrix (capsaicin): "I applied two doses the first day I got it, to my thumbs, about eight hours apart. Yes, it's true that it's easy to get in your eyes, nose or mouth, and it burns. Even after a shower, I could still feel it on my skin. I expected to have to reapply it each day. But here's the funny part: The pain in my hands is nowhere near as intense as it was, even two days after that initial application. Why? It's welcomed, but kinda weird."

Mkbagwell (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2014

"I'm a 57 year old female with moderate - severe osteoarthritis of the hip and back. I have been using Capsaicin gel for 2 weeks and the pain has subsided tremendously. Experienced burning sensation the first day only. It has given me back parts of my reason for living."

lifelover November 8, 2011

"I'm 61, female, and have had arthritis in my hands, knees and feet over the past ten years. Since using capsaicin over the last two years I've found tremendous relief. It burned when I first started using it, but the burning "wore off" after a week, and I find it totally painless to use. I apply it in the morning as well as in the evening. I learned to NOT use my fingers to apply it. Instead, I use the topside of my thumbs, between the first and second joints from the tip of the thumb. That way, I don't accidentally get capsaicin in my eyes (especially when applying my contact lenses an hour later!). I highly recommend capsaicin and suggest sticking with it, even if at first it burns. It's well worth trying."

Anonymous July 24, 2010

Capzasin-HP (capsaicin): "I prefer the initial pain of application than the pain in my spine, hip, and legs. Be careful going out in the sun, even the day after application some residual effects will be felt. Wear latex or plastic gloves when applying and wash your hands after applying. If you touch a part of your body that has capzasin on it, be sure to rewash your hands and DO NOT touch your eyes without washing your hands!"

musicalspirit July 19, 2010