User Reviews for Nucynta ER

Learn more about Nucynta ER.

Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy 1 reviews 40 medications

Pain 18 reviews 911 medications

Summary of Nucynta ER reviews 19 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Nucynta ER

Review by Flickagirl62:

For Pain: I have been in severe pain for 10 years. I had a 360 back surgery done on the 18th, the pain is so bad that I still have I can hardly stand it. My surgeon sent me to a pain management doctor, and he put me on. This Nucynta ER 50mg twice a day, I do not sleep, I wake up in the wee hours of the morning just screaming in pain. The pain management doctor said to give it time to work, ok have taken it for two days and no reliefs in sight. Have called and called, supposed to wait till Friday and call again, but can not take much more of this pain I am in.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 31, 2014 6:21 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: I was recently changed from Oxycontin 20mg ER x2 twice a day with 5mg oxycodone three times daily for breakthrough pain. That combination did nothing for me. I am now on Nucynta ER 150 mg twice per day with Opana 10mg 3 per day for breath through pain. To me I find myself using my breakthrough medication more than I did with the Oxycontin. I have only been on the Nucynta for a week now and I am hoping that the relief will get better the longer I am on it.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 30, 2014 2:30 PM

Review by debbie<R:

For Pain: I just started Nucynta ER I took the first dose at bedtime could not sleep the entire night, had some upset stomach, that's the bad side, I have 3 damaged disc in my neck and 3 damaged disc in my lower back, so I have a great amount of pain but from the first dose pain didn't stop completely but was greatly improved I don't know if this medication helps with anxiety but it gave me a sense of calm, didn't sleep but felt very relaxed, my cost after insurance and a coupon was only 25.00.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 31, 2014 9:27 PM

Review by Jules1925:

For Pain: Well today I got prescribed Nucynta...I just need to know how good it is and plus my Dr gave me percocets for break through...I just need to know if the Nucynta really works.. Im tired of waking up and having to take a percocet and 2 in the morn...Please help to let me know...Thank you!:)

November 7, 2013 8:04 PM

Review by tiredofpaininGA (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Pain: I've had chronic back/hip pain for over 10 years. I've recently come of fentanyl patches and needed something to keep the pain at bay. I started on 50mg Nucynta 2x a day and was miserable. After much begging the pain management centre agreed to see me after a week. They switched me to Nucynta ER 100mg and life is MUCH better. I still have breakthrough pains 1 to 2x a day, and HOPE to address this when I return in to PM in July. However, this is working as well as fentanyl did. Grateful for the "coupon" provided by the manufacturer, otherwise this would be an expensive treatment.

June 23, 2013 5:00 PM

For Pain: I have nevre damage due to spinal cord surgery. I have tried several long term and short term pain medications and everything made me tired that I could not work while taking the medication. The pain doctor then put me on Nucynta which I take at night and it works wonderful. I still take pain medication during the day for break thorough pain as I cannot take the Nucynta while I am working.

April 23, 2013 7:18 AM

Review by Runner2Yogini:

For Pain: I am 30 years old and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia when I was 25. Over the years, it kept getting worse and worse. It was beginning to interfere with my life. I had a very poor quality of life. I finally after suffering for over a year, I decided I needed real help. I had been on many other pain medications, but Nucynta ER was different. The day I got my prescription filled, and took it that night, I woke up a changed person. I'm not sure exactly how long I'd suffered but, Nucynta ER has given me my life back. My depression and anxiety are non-existent. I feel awesome!

March 5, 2013 11:57 PM

Review by SesTy:

For Pain: Great for nerve damage and back pain. Actually the ER pills didn't do the job, I took the Nucynta 100mg every 4 hours and that works really good.

February 26, 2013 4:00 PM

Review by blue_texasgal:

For Pain: I was prescribed this after finding out I have congenital spinal stenosis and scoliosis. After being on all the usual codeines and others this seems to work the best. The injections do help for a year, but I still need to take this daily.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 21, 2013 4:32 AM

Review by HJBR:

For Pain: My pain level was10 most of the pain from severe back problems down my left leg into my foot. After many medicines which made me groggy sick to my stomach and not able to really function. My doctor prescribed Nucynta ER. I can function without most side affects. The only side effect seemed to be like a light recall problem. When carrying on a conversation. Example names and places times. I could go all around what I wanted to say then finally. It would come to me.

February 17, 2013 8:36 PM

Review by Charlie7:

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: Nucynta ER has worked wonderful for pain relief for me. It does keep me up if taken at bedtime though. You can find a coupon on line to keep your monthly costs down.

February 5, 2013 10:53 AM

For Pain: I have rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia and had a knee replacement recently. I was having a lot of pain and the short term medicines were not helping. I switched to this on the advice of my physician and it is the difference between night and day. One pill in the morning and one at night keep me from derailing. I am able to do my Physical Therapy, go to work, and have energy for the first time in a month.

October 15, 2012 5:01 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Pain: After 2 years on Percocet for back pain, my surgeon recommended I see a pain specialist. The doctor prescribed Nucynta ER and completely took me of the Percocet. The first 5 days were awful. I was taking 50 mg twice a day to get it in my system, then taking 150mg twice daily as my regular routine. I didn't think it worked at all and felt terrible because of the withdrawal from Percocet. I stuck with it and am glad I did. My mornings are much better because I'm in almost no pain whereas before, mornings were the worst. It has much less adverse effects on my short term memory, ability to focus, and ability to function more at the workplace (I'm a math teacher) than when I was taking Percocet. The negatives are that I still have evening pain.

September 24, 2012 10:52 PM

For Pain: This is great base/stable medication. I take it twice a day and have other medication for break through pain. I had 2 back surgeries and 20-30 epidurals. I'm young (less than 40). It is not cheap, but I find it worth the price. I am a lawyer and need to be quick on my feet. This medication does not weigh me down mentally.

May 6, 2012 10:54 PM

Review by Tish A. (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Pain: I have Fibromyalgia and severe neuropathy in both feet with burning pain all the way up to my knees. My local pain clinic prescribed Nucynta (for short term pain) and it completely took my pain away. I did get EXTREMELY light headed and a feeling like I was high. Since it isn't safe for your liver for long term use, they switched me to Nucynta ER 100 mg to start. It took 2 weeks to fully kick in and after a month, I formed a tolerance to it. I've been on 200 mg's for about 5 weeks now and I've already built a tolerance to it as well. This prescription has been a God send, but, I can only go up to 250mg twice per day. What will happen to me if I build a tolerance to that? I'm very concerned.

April 29, 2012 1:25 AM

For Pain: I have been living in pain for 7 years. Four back surgeries and still very little relieve. I am new to this medication, but so far it has worked great. It is really wonderful to have hope again!

March 15, 2012 10:02 AM

Review by Dustinb85:

For Pain: Great Pain Reliever. This gets rid of my pain and makes me feel optimistic. I feel like I can finally live my life. Everyone should switch to this and enjoy pain relief with very few side effects.

December 26, 2011 2:30 PM

Review by amytateitall:

For Pain: I just started 150mg Nucynta ER. I have been on almost every pain medicine in existence. Aside from the cost of $375 for 60 pills, I believe it is working quite well. I have been on long term pain management for 12 years. Since this medicine is new, there is not much information about it online. I am hoping to hear more success stories and other people's opinions soon.

December 9, 2011 10:37 PM

Review by ErinENj:

For Pain: I am currently on Opana ER, and tried the Nucynta ER to see if it would have any less side effects than those I had on the Opana (sweating was the absolute worst, and severe exhaustion, among others). I tried Nucynta ER for 4 days, and felt the best I have felt in years. While my dose needs to be increased a little, it made me feel so much better. I didn't have any of the negative side effects that I have on the Opana. On the Opana, I needed to nap throughout most of the afternoon because I was just that tired. On the Nucynta, I had energy throughout the entire day and just felt wonderful. I am excited to get on it permanently, and think it may be an awesome medication for me.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 28, 2011 1:11 AM