User Reviews for Invokana

Learn more about Invokana.

Invokana Rating Summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 155 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

Reviews for Invokana to treat Diabetes, Type 2

"Drop my sugar levels from more than 300 ml to almost normal levels. Other drugs only lowered a 100 ml. No side effects. It's has been a blessing"

eliammarrero (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 18, 2016

"I have been taking this for a month. It has reduced my blood sugar levels and I have no side effects yet. This may prove to be very helpful in managing my diabetes, where no other medicine has worked"

nervous wreck 2 May 14, 2016

"Started taking Invokana 100 mg on 4/19/16. By 4/26/16 I developed the most horrendous yeast infection ever. I was then prescribed fluconazole 100 mg for 10 days. So far have not had any relief from the yeast infection. Brain fog and awful muscle and joint pain have also plagued me after I started taking Invokana. I have since stopped taking it, just not worth the physical pain or the mental disconnect that comes with it."

invokana-not-for-me (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2016

"I took Invokana for about 3 weeks at 100mg, within 2 weeks I had a yeast infection and generally had a ill body feeling, I was jumped up to 200 MG and in approx 2 weeks I had swelling in both arm pits, legs, pains all over my body. I stopped and started this drug 3 x and every time I tried to the same swelling in my arm pits and arms. We had no idea if it was the drug or a underlying health conditions. Due to swelling in the arm pit and pains my doctor screened me for cancer as it runs in the family, all STD'a and meningitis all came back negative. Every time I stopped this medication I felt better. Felt so lathargic and pain in my arms back. Will never take it again. Ever!!!!"

Bob36 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2016

"This is a great medication to bring FBS and A1c down ,if number is all that matters. I started getting frequent yeast infections, Thrush and bladder infections. Polydipsia and polyuria were the other nuisance. Weight loss mainly was from diuresis. While I was on this, I was plagued with severe depression, never heard this anywhere else. Anyway after stopping the med, I am free of depression, life is worth living, my sugars are under control with insulin and diet."

Thankakutty April 28, 2016

"on Invokana for 18 months then had a fall, pain killers gave me SEVERE constipation, I could not stop pain killers as it had been a severe fall so in an attempt to relieve the constipation I stopped taking Invokana, no effect on the constipation but within 2 days my mood lifted enormously so much so that I will no longer take this medication EVER again"

alanhl (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 26, 2016

"Starting taking Invokana 100mg along with my 1000mg Metformin on 4-2-16. By 4-12-16 I had the worst yeast infection I'd ever had. Did the treatment for 3 days, didn't ever really feel regular. Now today I have another yeast infection. In everyone's experience, does this side effect go away after a certain amount of time on the medication, or keep coming back all the time? My doctor's promises of this assisting with weight loss and severe edema in my ankles and feet have not come to fruition either. I am only willing to continue to suffer if I know that this ends after a month or so on the meds."

Cowgirlvjs (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2016

"I take metformin (1000 twice a day) and have been on Invokana 300 for 3.5 months. In the first two months on Invokana, lost 14 lbs and A1C dropped from 10.5 to 7.1. In the last 6 weeks, lost another 8 lbs (now under 200 lbs for the first time in years) and can't wait to see my next A1C! Haven't had any of the serious side effects described by others, no yeast infections. Definitely thirsty and frequent urination but absolutely worth it for the weight loss and the way I'm feeling. My appetite has decreased and my energy level has significantly increased. I swam 11 miles this week! This medication has completely changed my life and I appreciate the 12 months of free medication coupon."

Mols April 22, 2016

"I have been taking Invokana about 2.5 years. The worse thing was a yeast infection but after a while I quit getting them, It helped me to pee good and I lost about 20 lbs, and my A1c was coming down I was satisfied with it and then this year my insurance wouldn't cover it anymore, thanks a lot, so I had to try Farxiga, horrible so now I have to try Jardiance, which surely wont be worse than Farxiga. I would really love to have Invokana back. but the Jardiance dont sound too bad, but i guess I will find out........."

Catwalker (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 22, 2016

"Started taking Invokana a little over a year ago. Started noticing a lot of hair loss then I Googled it and found this site which was helpful. Went to my internist and she Googled it and found the same articles and comments. Took me off it and I switched to Jardiance. Within 3 months I switched back to Invokana. My A1C and daily numbers improved greatly. I've lost 15 pounds. I already exercised and watched my diet. Have been Type II for 12 years which is from my dad's side of the family, we all have it. I've chosen to live with the hair loss which seems to run in cycles. Hard for a gal that had full chemo and has lost all of her hair previously. It looks like this drug will either really work for you or it's not for you at all."

L Parker (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 20, 2016

"I have been on Invokana 300 for two years. I have lost weight, my numbers have decreased. It was covered by my insurance - But now the state is no longer covereing Invokana on my insurance because I work for a government funded (Public School). I would like to continue on Invokana.But according to the pharmacy it will now cost me $1342.00 for a 90 day supply."

Dbbb April 18, 2016

"Took 100 mg of in vocals, great results. Dr. Increased dosage to 300. Blood sugar rose from 100 to 300-450. Within 2 weeks, muscles lost strength, balance was off. Blood sugar remained high. Unable to continue hiking, exercise etc. went off invokana. Started physical therapy to regain muscle strength. 6 months later muscle strength back, blood sugar is between 300-400. Never went back down. I feel horrible. Everything had been fine until invokana dosage increased. I believe it did serious damage to my body."

Wgal April 11, 2016

"I love this medicine been on it for 2 months no side effects... Totally off of insulin and lost 42 lbs with a little change of food intake... Wouldn't change it for anything been diabetic for over 15yrs and nothing has worked for like it is now...."

Laura1977 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2016

"Was on it 2 years. Experienced constant yeast infections, sinusitis and brain fog so bad I couldn't figure my way out of a paper bag. Stopped taking it and the yeast infection and brain fog went away. I am still dealing with sinusitis. Within a week of stopping my legs, arms and hands swelled. Invokana is BAD news."

RustyClover April 4, 2016

"Was prescribed this med invokana but scared to take it after reading all the reviews think I'm changing my mind about this medicine!!!!! I've been type 1 for almost 17 years"

Lizziegurl (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2016

"Watch out for sore red penis. It's a yeast infection because yeast thrives on sugar that is passing in your urine."

Anonymous March 3, 2016

"I had excessive bleeding, horrifying and painful kidney infections, chronic constipation, hair loss, incontinence, golf ball size clots in my URINE, and I am still peeing blood after stopping it 3 weeks ago, my legs and hands swelled, my numbers are rising in the morning from 110 and now at 140-180. My doctor is now telling she no longer wants to be my doctor because I wouldnt keep taking the medication, and is ignoring the blood in my urine. I wish I could sue someone, because living like is not worth it"

Kamiko1100 March 2, 2016

"Invokana has help me to keep my diabetes under very good control. I have had diabetes for 30 yrs. I visit my doctor often. Lab work is normal. I worry when I hear of side effects and the advertisements by law firms."

Ecky February 29, 2016

"Been taking Invokana for 5 months. Had yeast infection the fist month and bad vaginal itch but it was controlled after I wash 3 times a day or wash when I start itching. So far I lost 20lbs. I think my hair loss is due to body change, but I can deal with that. This drug really works for me. Just so expensive!"

Bebe2016 February 26, 2016

"I have had Type I insulin-dependent diabetes for 39 years and took Invokana for over a year. My A1C came down only a few tenths of a point, and I experienced drastic swings in blood glucose and ketoacidosis. I stopped taking Invokana 2 months ago, but my hair loss has continued and has accelerated since discontinuing its use."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 12, 2016

"I have been on this med for almost a year. Prior to this, all other meds either didn't work for me or I had unbearable side effects. The only bearable maintenance was Levemir 100 units daily. I gained about 30 lbs! Doc put me on Invokana, I have lost 25 lbs, I have lowered the insulin to 35 units a day. A1C is 6.3. Had been a yeast infection nightmare though! Doc knocked out the yeast infections with Fluconazole and I take 1 Fluconazole a week now and am keeping the YI nightmare away! This has been the only drug that has truly helped!"

Stormasis (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 10, 2016

"not told of contraindications, effect with other meds, etc. need more consultation to ensure nothing is happening. Right now my lymph nodes are swollen and in reading about invokana this could be a possible side affect?"

IMJ (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2016

"I have type two diabetes. I was diagnosed after treatment for leukemia. My Dr. prescribed Metformin for my first treatment option. After many changes in dosage and five years A1C was never below 7. Finally I was given long acting Metformin and immediately started gaining weight. Called my Doc and expressed my concerns. Was then prescribed Invokana. I lost nine pounds in 3 months with no side effects."

Jaerae February 8, 2016

"I'm a Type 1 diabetic , I been on invokana for almost a year . Going back and forth taking the pill . It does work great keeping my sugars low , I have not seen weight changes and also every time I take the pill no matter how much water I drink I'm constantly getting yeast infections ! So I stop talking it after a few months decided previously to take it again after my doctor told me to go back . So I went back and now I have yet another Y.I. I guess I'm prone to them on this pill. I am done with this pill"

Anonymous January 29, 2016

"I have lost extensive weight and have lots of energy but my hair is falling out and is so brittle is breaking off at the ends. My numbers have gone down but your hair is usually a good indication of your health. If the medication is doing this to my hair what other long terms effects am i going to have that I am unaware of. I am thankful that other people expressed their problem with hair loss also. I was told that I probably use too many chemicals on my hair."

Angrla (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 20, 2016