User Reviews for Invokana

Learn more about Invokana.

Invokana Review Summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 118 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

Reviews for Invokana to treat Diabetes, Type 2

"I am a 39 year old female who has had type two diabeties for for 15 years. My last A1c was 10.5. My doctor put me on Invokana and I havent had a blood sugar reading above 200 since I started the 100mg. I have just increased to 300. I did my research on this drug because I am very suseptable to yeast infections. Do your research. First you MUST drink plenty of water on this medication or you will feel ill. For women take a probiotic I take one and this has kept the yeast away. Also you can try Oil of Oregano to help. I haven't had my A1C checked yet as I have only been on this medication for one month. Ask your doctor for the prescription savings card which will bring your price to ZERO."

Nikki4046 May 6, 2015

"Too much female discomforts. Not sure if I should continue with it if there could be another product just as good with less discomfort. Will be checking with my doctor."

Paco1235 May 6, 2015

"Was having a very difficult time controlling my blood sugar. My A1C reached 9.1 and I was hospitalized for three days, then sent to an endocrinologist. He put me on Victoza 1.8ML once a day and an Invokana 300MG once a day. Within 2 three months I was at 5.9 A1C and average 110 blood sugar. I have lost close to 40 lbs. There have been some side effects, constipation, cramping, and thirst. These have all faded and become less extreme after being on the combo for just over 6 months. I would never change this medication. It truly has changed my life. Had to change insurance this year and it was a battle to get the Invokana approved but they relented. Thank goodness. FYI I have taken, Glipizide, Glimerpride, Metformin, Actos and Insulin."

DanielStarTrek (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 27, 2015

"My blood sugar went from 280-300 to around 200, so I didn't get my desired results. Also, I had extreme thirst, constant urination, every 1 1/2 to 2 hours at night and eventually not much urine coming out. Then the constipation set in and made me so miserable that I discontinued the medication after 3 weeks to get some relief. It's been 4 days and everything is back to normal. High readings but no thirst, urination or constipation. It wasn't worth the side effects. Also, my insurance company wouldn't pay for it so it cost $400.00 for a one month supply. Then the doctor's office gave me a card that was suppose to make it only cost $25.00 a month, but I guess I'll never know."

TV Lady April 23, 2015

"My doctor put me on Jardiance and I had an allergic reaction to it. Three weeks later I was put on Invokana. It worked really well for me, but three weeks of taking it I had the same kind of reaction I did with the Jardiance. About a month later my hands and feet began peeling. This happened twice. I also noticed I have lot a lot of hair on my head in about three and a half weeks. Had I known this was a possible side effect, I would not have tried either medication."

Mlbdds1 March 27, 2015

"I have been taking this drug for about a year. I have lost 60 lbs. I made changes in my diet, but I am in no way deprived! I feel great. My fasting blood sugars went from about 150 to...96!!! I highly recommend this drug. I found a coupon online that makes it free with my insurance.Do a google search and talk to your pharmacist to see if you can find one."

Theheckers (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 22, 2015

"This has worked great for me. I've been on it for 5 months and my A1C is 6.1 (down from 7.2). It is expensive, but if you go to their website, you can sign up for a card that will pay your copay for 1 year (up to $3900). Basically, I get the medication for free for a year."

imnursedavid (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2015

"Liked it because it lowered my blood sugar. Hated it because of all the side effects. Would urinate at least 2-3 times an hour constantly, was dying of thirst, mouth dry, yeast infections were the worst I have ever had."

samm i (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 14, 2015

"I'm glad to see others have experienced hair loss. I've been on 300mg since last October. Medication is working well with no side effects other than the hair loss."

JayN March 10, 2015

"I've lost weight and feel better"

JerrieGayle March 8, 2015

"I started 100mg in November 2014 and my fasting glucose dropped from 140 to 113, (though it often drops within normal range) A1C only dropped from 7.8 to 7.3, I dropped 17 pounds without exercising and my appetite has diminished a great deal. My Dr. increased me to 300mg in hopes of getting my A1C in normal rage. Also my Dr. gave me a discount card that covers 100% of cost for the first year; you can get that discount by signing up on Invokana.com as well. "

Mrs Mc (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2015

"Doctor gave me a month's worth of samples to get my sugar readings down. After 3 weeks, they have dropped quite a bit (200+ down to 130-140). Livable side effects: MUCH more frequent urination, extreme thirst, and chapped lips & hands. Doctor faxed a prescription yesterday, my insurance told me the cost would be $595. This is more than all my other medications cost me for the whole year! No generic is available. I canceled the order. Can't afford it."

Ronnie10 (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2015

"I've been on Invokana for about 6.5 weeks and I am totally impressed. I need to loose weight and with my use of Insulin it was impossible to loose weight as Insulin will cause you to gain belly fat. I also take Metformin HCL ER slow release switched to that 2 years ago because regular Metform caused diarrhea. So far in the 6 weeks since I started I have lost 16 to 17 pounds. I've had to order new clothes as everything is feeling like a sack. I still take Metformin HCL ER, Glimepride and Insulin but have cut my daily use of Lantus by more than half. Yes I drink a lot of water as it's important to avoid dehydration. Yes I can get a yeast infection and find that if I use vasaline on my little toot toot that it prevents the infection."

Me Happy February 25, 2015

"Have only taken the product for 2 days but have felt tired. My appetite has less than usual. I an glad with the loss of appetite. But am in hope that the tiredness will diminish once I have been taking the medication for awhile."

Catahula February 21, 2015

"I bought a one time use yeast infection capsule, cost $20, took it, and sprayed the general area with a hydrating mist meant for my face. the itching went away in 2 days. no problem now."

redriding February 19, 2015

"I have been taking Invokana for 5 months, weight loss and lower blood pressure is a good side effect."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2015

"I was switched to Invokana to reduce my A1C . The first month I had no negative experiences with the medication. However, I took the pills for two more weeks and developed a serious urinary tract and yeast infection. I was able to clear the infections with Monistat and AZO. I stopped taking the Invokana. About a week later I developed boils on my thumb, upper thighs and vaginal area which I was able to clear with Neosporin with the exception of one on my thigh which would not drain. I finally went to the Emergency. The boil was lanced and drained while I was put on an IV for antibiotics and pain meds. It took six weeks to heal. Another two weeks and I have another boil on my vaginal area. This has been a very painful experience."

Nayala February 16, 2015

"I have been type 1 diabetic for 28 years diagnosed at 12 years old, have been on insulin 28 years, 6 years on a pump. I joined a research study in Nov. 2014, to test Invokana on type 1 diabetics to see if it could help type 1's. I am so amazed and happy with this medication! I have cut down on my insulin a lot, only 9 units of basal for the day! I lost 6 pounds. I feel and look great lots more energy. Yes there is a genital itch problem, I also had hives, which I believe it worth it for great blood sugars and weight loss. Lucky I am born and raised in Canada where our health insurance covers the cost completely."

Devita February 7, 2015

"No side affects. Lowers my A1C Take it with Victoza. Do not have to use Humalog anymore. Highly recommend it, but it is expensive, the only downfall, and when I first started taking it the places I went to get it filled said I was the very first person to use this."

DrugExpert101 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 6, 2015

"Sugar down to 80 to 125 from 450 to 525 in 2 months on 300 mg. And 1000mg of metformin. No insulin shots. Little to no side effects. Drink lots of lemon water everyday."

VickiLynneVa (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 2, 2015

"After taking Metformin for yrs. I suddenly developed chronic diarrhea. I was put on Invokana as the next medicine to try and absolutely loved it. Weight loss and lower blood sugars. Unfortunately I also developed chronic diarrhea with this medicine also. I am now on Victoza and get headaches, stomach pain, racing heart, high blood pressure. I would definitely stayed on Invokana if I could."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2015

"I have lost 16 pounds so far in 2 months on Invokana. I have found that it actually suppresses my appetite. I'm not having cravings or eating as much as I was. Only problem I'm having is with burning and irritation in genital area. I tried the over the counter meds for that but it hasn't cleared up. It is driving me insane! Hopefully, I can find a resolution so I can continue to take this medication! I actually feel better and more energetic than I have felt for the past few years."

Lopo (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 25, 2015

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I was diagnosed in May with Diabetes in 2014. Went on Metformin, was doing ok, but due to sleep apnea my fasting levels would be in the 280's. Went to an endocrinologist in September, added Invokana. My fasting readings are now in the 120's, my A1C went from 9.7 to 7.1, my energy shot up and now, 5 months in, I am down 14 pounds. Feel so good I joined a gym this month for the first time in years. I have amazing insurance so Invokana costs me nothing, and if you have type 2 at least try it. I have never been so happy with a medicine."

Marcadimus (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2015

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've been on this medicine for a little over 2 months, no bad side effect to report, unless you call loss of appetite and a loss of 20lbs bad. Blood pressure has lowered from 160/89 to 118/76."

sue1962 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2015

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Its been a life saver for me. I have lost 61 pds since I started using Invokana. I love it. I just wish it was more affordable. I am almost at my goal weight. I look and feel great."

ptf January 21, 2015

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 Next