User Reviews for Invokana

Learn more about Invokana.

Diabetes, Type 2 77 reviews 126 medications

8.1
Summary of Invokana reviews 77 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Invokana

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My brother was prescribed Invokana almost three years and developed a cancerous tumor in his kidney. it was a very complicated surgery because of where the tumor was located and because of that the entire kidney had to be removed. he was taking 300 mg. upon diagnosis the surgeons instructed my brother to stop the medication immediately. my brother never had any kidney problems in his whole life. let this be a warning."

caring sis June 30, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "A1C was 14.9. Normal insulin program got me down to A1C around 12. Using new long acting insulin w Invokana, A1C now 7.1. I split a 300mg pill and take 1/2 per day. Morning glucose 80's. I am still nervous as this is a new drug but it certainly is an amazing medication."

BRD2015 June 19, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Four days in, I've been feeling REALLY bad around mid-afternoon. Have already lost a few pounds. Frequently very thirsty. Have a hard time concentrating when the mid-afternoon blahs come on. A1c probably can't be judged based on less than a week, but seems to have come from 8.1 to 7.5. Am really hoping I get used to this medication, but it's a bit of a rough ride for me in the initial going. Just a word of warning...your mileage may vary, of course. Used the coupon to get it free, but my copay would be $85 a month otherwise."

Jury's Still Out (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Started taking 100 mg daily at night numbers came down in a week...went to see the Doctor in a month he was happy then he prescribed 300 mg daily...soon after taking this dosage I began to experience an itching on my penis and it was driving me crazy, also experienced more frequent urination along with an insatiable thirst. I was about to schedule an appointment with my urologist until I Googled "Side effects of Invokana". The itching wouldn't stop didn't know that there were these side effects from this medication and even though it helped bring down my sugar levels I really don't think its worth the other problems it presents. I too have experienced a weight loss. It is a good medicine but the side effects aren't worth it. Sorry"

Rebo June 17, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on Invokana for 8 weeks. The 3 rd week was the hardest with a horrible yeast infection. Treated that and it's been better ever since . I have lost 18lbs. I feel great and have more energy. The urge to eat bad foods is gone and my sugar levels are normal. I have stopped taking my Apidra which was 14 units with each meal and 7 units at bedtime. I have cut my long acting Lantus from 32 units to 26 units daily. I think I will be off insulin soon if my blood sugars keep dropping. I have a stomach ulcer and could not tolerate other meds so I had to go on insulin. This drug does not affect my ulcer. I am very happy to be on Invokana."

shannon c June 16, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My sugar levels were in the 250-300 constantly.. now they are below 130 it's great.. there's risks with this medication being new.. but it's working wonders.. was on metformin 1000mg twice a day and Glipizide twice a day now.. just metformin and Glipzide once a day.. I am very happy. Feel a lot better.. no side effects so far.. was going to get insulin if Invokana didn't lower my sugar levels.. so lucky to have gotten it prescribed to me.."

O.B. June 15, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I got type 2 diabetes at a very young age and tried all the regular stuff - metformin and victoza but It made me sick and sleepy at work! I had heard about this new pill with invokana and had my doctor prescribing me it and get more information on their care program. I've never felt more better I lost around 55 pounds and feel amazing I highly recommend, besides a few minor side effects I wouldn't change it for the world!!!!"

CarlosV June 13, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was taking metformin for 7 years. Doc added januvia as a1c was climbing. It did not work at all. Moved to invokana and had immediate results. Blood levels now normal and lowest in 7 years. Losing weight too. Some thirst issues but not serious. Fast level 110 after meal 140. Only problem: IT IS EXPENSIVE."

type 2 patient (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I am a 39 year old female who has had type two diabeties for for 15 years. My last A1c was 10.5. My doctor put me on Invokana and I havent had a blood sugar reading above 200 since I started the 100mg. I have just increased to 300. I did my research on this drug because I am very suseptable to yeast infections. Do your research. First you MUST drink plenty of water on this medication or you will feel ill. For women take a probiotic I take one and this has kept the yeast away. Also you can try Oil of Oregano to help. I haven't had my A1C checked yet as I have only been on this medication for one month. Ask your doctor for the prescription savings card which will bring your price to ZERO."

Nikki4046 May 6, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Too much female discomforts. Not sure if I should continue with it if there could be another product just as good with less discomfort. Will be checking with my doctor."

Paco1235 May 6, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Was having a very difficult time controlling my blood sugar. My A1C reached 9.1 and I was hospitalized for three days, then sent to an endocrinologist. He put me on Victoza 1.8ML once a day and an Invokana 300MG once a day. Within 2 three months I was at 5.9 A1C and average 110 blood sugar. I have lost close to 40 lbs. There have been some side effects, constipation, cramping, and thirst. These have all faded and become less extreme after being on the combo for just over 6 months. I would never change this medication. It truly has changed my life. Had to change insurance this year and it was a battle to get the Invokana approved but they relented. Thank goodness. FYI I have taken, Glipizide, Glimerpride, Metformin, Actos and Insulin."

DanielStarTrek (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 27, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My blood sugar went from 280-300 to around 200, so I didn't get my desired results. Also, I had extreme thirst, constant urination, every 1 1/2 to 2 hours at night and eventually not much urine coming out. Then the constipation set in and made me so miserable that I discontinued the medication after 3 weeks to get some relief. It's been 4 days and everything is back to normal. High readings but no thirst, urination or constipation. It wasn't worth the side effects. Also, my insurance company wouldn't pay for it so it cost $400.00 for a one month supply. Then the doctor's office gave me a card that was suppose to make it only cost $25.00 a month, but I guess I'll never know."

TV Lady April 23, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My doctor put me on Jardiance and I had an allergic reaction to it. Three weeks later I was put on Invokana. It worked really well for me, but three weeks of taking it I had the same kind of reaction I did with the Jardiance. About a month later my hands and feet began peeling. This happened twice. I also noticed I have lot a lot of hair on my head in about three and a half weeks. Had I known this was a possible side effect, I would not have tried either medication."

Mlbdds1 March 27, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been taking this drug for about a year. I have lost 60 lbs. I made changes in my diet, but I am in no way deprived! I feel great. My fasting blood sugars went from about 150 to...96!!! I highly recommend this drug. I found a coupon online that makes it free with my insurance.Do a google search and talk to your pharmacist to see if you can find one."

Theheckers (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 22, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "This has worked great for me. I've been on it for 5 months and my A1C is 6.1 (down from 7.2). It is expensive, but if you go to their website, you can sign up for a card that will pay your copay for 1 year (up to $3900). Basically, I get the medication for free for a year."

imnursedavid (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Liked it because it lowered my blood sugar. Hated it because of all the side effects. Would urinate at least 2-3 times an hour constantly, was dying of thirst, mouth dry, yeast infections were the worst I have ever had."

samm i (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 14, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I'm glad to see others have experienced hair loss. I've been on 300mg since last October. Medication is working well with no side effects other than the hair loss."

JayN March 10, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've lost weight and feel better"

JerrieGayle March 8, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started 100mg in November 2014 and my fasting glucose dropped from 140 to 113, (though it often drops within normal range) A1C only dropped from 7.8 to 7.3, I dropped 17 pounds without exercising and my appetite has diminished a great deal. My Dr. increased me to 300mg in hopes of getting my A1C in normal rage. Also my Dr. gave me a discount card that covers 100% of cost for the first year; you can get that discount by signing up on Invokana.com as well. "

Mrs Mc (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Doctor gave me a month's worth of samples to get my sugar readings down. After 3 weeks, they have dropped quite a bit (200+ down to 130-140). Livable side effects: MUCH more frequent urination, extreme thirst, and chapped lips & hands. Doctor faxed a prescription yesterday, my insurance told me the cost would be $595. This is more than all my other medications cost me for the whole year! No generic is available. I canceled the order. Can't afford it."

Ronnie10 (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been on Invokana for about 6.5 weeks and I am totally impressed. I need to loose weight and with my use of Insulin it was impossible to loose weight as Insulin will cause you to gain belly fat. I also take Metformin HCL ER slow release switched to that 2 years ago because regular Metform caused diarrhea. So far in the 6 weeks since I started I have lost 16 to 17 pounds. I've had to order new clothes as everything is feeling like a sack. I still take Metformin HCL ER, Glimepride and Insulin but have cut my daily use of Lantus by more than half. Yes I drink a lot of water as it's important to avoid dehydration. Yes I can get a yeast infection and find that if I use vasaline on my little toot toot that it prevents the infection."

Me Happy February 25, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Have only taken the product for 2 days but have felt tired. My appetite has less than usual. I an glad with the loss of appetite. But am in hope that the tiredness will diminish once I have been taking the medication for awhile."

Catahula February 21, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I bought a one time use yeast infection capsule, cost $20, took it, and sprayed the general area with a hydrating mist meant for my face. the itching went away in 2 days. no problem now."

redriding February 19, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been taking Invokana for 5 months, weight loss and lower blood pressure is a good side effect."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was switched to Invokana to reduce my A1C . The first month I had no negative experiences with the medication. However, I took the pills for two more weeks and developed a serious urinary tract and yeast infection. I was able to clear the infections with Monistat and AZO. I stopped taking the Invokana. About a week later I developed boils on my thumb, upper thighs and vaginal area which I was able to clear with Neosporin with the exception of one on my thigh which would not drain. I finally went to the Emergency. The boil was lanced and drained while I was put on an IV for antibiotics and pain meds. It took six weeks to heal. Another two weeks and I have another boil on my vaginal area. This has been a very painful experience."

Nayala February 16, 2015