Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Invokana

Learn more about Invokana.

Diabetes, Type 2 57 reviews 127 medications

Summary of Invokana reviews 57 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Invokana

Review by JayN:

For Diabetes, Type 2: I'm glad to see others have experienced hair loss. I've been on 300mg since last October. Medication is working well with no side effects other than the hair loss.

March 10, 2015 6:01 PM

Review by JerrieGayle:

For Diabetes, Type 2: I've lost weight and feel better

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 8, 2015 11:18 PM

Review by Ronnie10 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Diabetes, Type 2: Doctor gave me a month's worth of samples to get my sugar readings down. After 3 weeks, they have dropped quite a bit (200+ down to 130-140). Livable side effects: MUCH more frequent urination, extreme thirst, and chapped lips & hands. Doctor faxed a prescription yesterday, my insurance told me the cost would be $595. This is more than all my other medications cost me for the whole year! No generic is available. I canceled the order. Can't afford it.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 25, 2015 9:13 PM

Review by Catahula:

For Diabetes, Type 2: Have only taken the product for 2 days but have felt tired. My appetite has less than usual. I an glad with the loss of appetite. But am in hope that the tiredness will diminish once I have been taking the medication for awhile.

February 21, 2015 7:10 PM

Review by redriding:

For Diabetes, Type 2: I bought a one time use yeast infection capsule, cost $20, took it, and sprayed the general area with a hydrating mist meant for my face. the itching went away in 2 days. no problem now.

February 19, 2015 7:09 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Diabetes, Type 2: I have been taking Invokana for 5 months, weight loss and lower blood pressure is a good side effect.

February 16, 2015 1:57 PM

Review by DrugExpert101 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Diabetes, Type 2: No side affects. Lowers my A1C Take it with Victoza. Do not have to use Humalog anymore. Highly recommend it, but it is expensive, the only downfall, and when I first started taking it the places I went to get it filled said I was the very first person to use this.

February 6, 2015 12:44 AM

Review by VickiLynneVa (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Diabetes, Type 2: Sugar down to 80 to 125 from 450 to 525 in 2 months on 300 mg. And 1000mg of metformin. No insulin shots. Little to no side effects. Drink lots of lemon water everyday.

February 2, 2015 3:42 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Diabetes, Type 2: After taking Metformin for yrs. I suddenly developed chronic diarrhea. I was put on Invokana as the next medicine to try and absolutely loved it. Weight loss and lower blood sugars. Unfortunately I also developed chronic diarrhea with this medicine also. I am now on Victoza and get headaches, stomach pain, racing heart, high blood pressure. I would definitely stayed on Invokana if I could.

January 30, 2015 3:37 PM

Review by Lopo (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Diabetes, Type 2: I have lost 16 pounds so far in 2 months on Invokana. I have found that it actually suppresses my appetite. I'm not having cravings or eating as much as I was. Only problem I'm having is with burning and irritation in genital area. I tried the over the counter meds for that but it hasn't cleared up. It is driving me insane! Hopefully, I can find a resolution so I can continue to take this medication! I actually feel better and more energetic than I have felt for the past few years.

January 25, 2015 7:29 PM

Review by Marcadimus (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Diabetes, Type 2: I was diagnosed in May with Diabetes in 2014. Went on Metformin, was doing ok, but due to sleep apnea my fasting levels would be in the 280's. Went to an endocrinologist in September, added Invokana. My fasting readings are now in the 120's, my A1C went from 9.7 to 7.1, my energy shot up and now, 5 months in, I am down 14 pounds. Feel so good I joined a gym this month for the first time in years. I have amazing insurance so Invokana costs me nothing, and if you have type 2 at least try it. I have never been so happy with a medicine.

January 24, 2015 11:57 AM

Review by sue1962 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Diabetes, Type 2: I've been on this medicine for a little over 2 months, no bad side effect to report, unless you call loss of appetite and a loss of 20lbs bad. Blood pressure has lowered from 160/89 to 118/76.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 22, 2015 8:53 AM

Review by ptf:

For Diabetes, Type 2: Its been a life saver for me. I have lost 61 pds since I started using Invokana. I love it. I just wish it was more affordable. I am almost at my goal weight. I look and feel great.

January 21, 2015 6:09 PM

Review by Bear54:

For Diabetes, Type 2: Been on Invokana for about two months, and while it lowered my insulin use (I'm on a pump and was using about 250 units a day) it's had some unpleasant side effects too. There is some pain in the penis during sex, and after the act the penis has turned bright red and sore on some occasions. It usually goes away in a day or two, but I'm thinking about going off of it. I've also had stomach upset, lightheaded and dizzyness (especially on getting up).

January 19, 2015 5:32 PM

Review by lasadri20gmail.com (taken for less than 1 month):

For Diabetes, Type 2: Unfortunately, this did not work for me, I didnt see my sugar levels go down and it also caused mega itch for me as well, so I stopped using within the first week or two. Dr. tried me on Glimepiride now, but I havent seen much change also yet, and I possibly have gained from it. Not sure what to try next, he suggested Januvia or Byetta, which are supposed to be expensive. Not sure what I can do if anything. Insulin does not help with weight loss and I do not want to gain .

January 6, 2015 11:54 AM

Review by Sugarlips2.:

For Diabetes, Type 2: Lost ten pounds in 2 months. Insulin cut in half. Numbers great. Tip: use baby wipes every time you go to the bathroom. No more itching.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 4, 2015 4:08 AM

Review by Josh0Q0 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Diabetes, Type 2: I have been a diabetic for 10 years, I have been on Metformin 2000mg, sitagliptin 100mg and 80mg gliclazide, my numbers have always been 12mmol after food, 10.5 to 12 mmol always in the morning. 7 days ago I was prescribed Invokana 100mg 1x daily, At first nothing happened 6 days, then since yesterday I was shocked to be honest, as my after meal reading was 6.2mmol, what was most welcome was my am sugars yesterday they were 7.2 mmol and then today they were 7.4mmol (I had a apple crumble) which I never would have before bed! I have just checked my sugar again before my evening meal and it is 7.5mmol, never been this low iin years, I have been drinking 500ml of water every two hours for a long time, even so never seen these numbers.

December 22, 2014 11:38 AM

Review by Jaythesnake:

For Diabetes, Type 2: I have been taking this medication for about two weeks now and notice that the my levels in the morning have drop from 170 to 118. But the side effect now is itching on the penis area. Will consult with the MD to stop taking it if the itching continue.

December 16, 2014 11:44 AM

Review by Whimpurr (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Diabetes, Type 2: It has worked well and I have lost some weight BUT I have been experiencing smelling nail polish remover (acetone) which even sent me scared of DKA to the ER! Still happening and no explanation. About to stop taking it because this scares me.

December 15, 2014 10:05 PM

Review by meetmygoal (taken for less than 1 month):

For Diabetes, Type 2: I just started this medicine last week, I have not seen weight loss yet, or much change in my numbers. BUT last week I did not exercise as much and did not eat strict to my diet, so hopefully this 2nd week I will start to see changes. I really am hoping it helps with weight loss for me too!

December 8, 2014 10:36 AM

Review by Ava D (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Diabetes, Type 2: I've been taking this medication for almost 2 months now and had to stop. It does help lower my blood sugar, I continued taking Metformin with it. However it also causes the worst feelings of genital irritation. I ended up taking Fluconazole twice, which helped but is not a permanent fix. Each time I tried to avoid having to take the antifungal so was desperate by the time I got it. This Invokana med caused my urine to burn me, and made me extremely uncomfortable. I stopped it and called my doc for something else. Gonna try Victoza now. By the way if you do want to try it, ask for the coupon, it gives the first 90 days free.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 4, 2014 2:44 PM

Review by skelley88 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Diabetes, Type 2: I've been taking Invokana for 11 months. Started on 100mg for three weeks then increased to 300 mg daily. My Hgb A1C has gone from 9.6 to 7.1 and my weight has decreased 70 pounds. I've decreased my insulin Humulog 75/25 by 80% and decreased my Metformin by 25%. Still tapering these. I've gone down three clothing sizes, even my shoes are too big! I have had one yeast infection and do use the bathroom more often, but it is worth it!

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 19, 2014 1:32 PM

Review by Kentuckynurse:

For Diabetes, Type 2: Started Invokana 100 mg about a month ago. Only side effect is some yeast infection, but not bad. I had been on 100 units of Levemir and 100 units Novolog with blood sugars still in the 200-400 range at times and fasting blood sugars never below 200 range. Now, my fasting blood sugars are 120-140 range and my insulin has been decreased to 50 units of Levemir and 30 units of Novolog. So, doctor has increased the Invokana to 300 mg..Hoping to be off Insulin soon. Oh, and I have lost 6 pounds in the process. The key to this medication is to DRINK plenty of water to stay hydrated, have your kidney functions checked at least twice a year and monitor for any side effects.

November 19, 2014 10:57 AM

Review by Dispersion (taken for less than 1 month):

For Diabetes, Type 2: Type II diabetic since 2003. Been on Metformin, Avandia, glyburide, Lantus, and Novalog either as monotherapy or in combinations. Been on pump since 2007 and got through 2 pregnancies with pump. Endocrinologist recommended this so I can reduce my insulin uptake and hopefully, get off the pump (weight gain and complacent with diet on pump). So far I've only been on Invokana 4 days. Lost 8 pounds, reduced appetite, more water intake. Noticed you need to watch carbs or sugar will spike. I'm still on Metformin 2000mg/day and pump but barely any insulin. Will stay on this for a while to see if I can get off the pump (my goal) and lose more weight.

November 17, 2014 9:39 PM

Review by Cubsfan90 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Diabetes, Type 2: I have been on Invokana since September 2013, so a little over a year. I have experienced hair loss, tiredness, and yeast infections. I talked to my doctor about the hair loss, which I experienced for over a year. He has upped my Metformin to the maximum dosage. My hair has stopped falling out. I am also using Rosemary essential oil to help with hair loss, and probiotics for the yeast infection. I have had amazing results with this medication in regards to blood sugar control. My A1C went from 12.3 to 7.1 I have never had such control. As a benefit I have lost over the course of a year 34 pounds. I feel that the benefits outweigh the side effects

November 10, 2014 10:18 AM