User Reviews for Amoxicillin / clavulanate

Also known as: Amoclan, Augmentin, Augmentin ES-600, Augmentin XR

Learn more about Amoxicillin/clavulanate.

Amoxicillin/clavulanate Rating Summary

6.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 339 medications used in the treatment of Sinusitis.

Reviews for Amoxicillin/clavulanate to treat Sinusitis

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "Everyone's system is different. What you have to do is take probiotics, I drink kefir, 4 hours after you take the augmentin. This and plenty of water, will help most people. Always always always eat plenty of food with augmentin, and always take probiotics in intervals, to replace the good bacteria. Do not take them at the same time, else you will just kill the probiotic good bacteria"

divinetrust January 30, 2016

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "Throat infection/headache/ear infection. Four days twice a day helped me get rid of it. Just drink a lot of water people"

Dana ak (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2016

"My ENT put me on ceftin at first for 10 days to treat sinus infection. I finished the course but didn't feel completely healed. A couple weeks later my head felt worse than ever. Went to a walk in Doctor and he gave me this for 7 days. After the first pill I already started feeling a little better. Only on my 3rd dose but I will never take anything but this again for a sinus infection."

K Alexandra (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2016

"I have chronic sinus infections 2 to 4 times a year and this is the only thing that clears up the infection. I have had sinus surgery and taking everything else under the sun to treat them nothing but amox-clav 875 MG works. I guess I just have a rock hard stomach as long as I drink milk and if I get a upset feeling eat a cup of yogurt I have no problems ever, but that's just a few of us in the world who have cast iron stomachs. Hope this helps someone just e member to drink milk and eat dairy while you take the pill, and eat something a little solid at dinner and breakfasts"

copper2401 January 5, 2016

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "Day 4 of 875 mg of augmentin. I have a severe sinus infection, a inner ear infection along with a "sizeable" hole in my eardrum "

jcblockhead15 January 3, 2016

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "I did not have any side effects. Loose stool the first few days bit not what I would consider diarrhea. I'm not sure if it worked though. It helped my ears but I still have a slight sinus headache. Just finished the 10th day. Two doses a day."

HeatherLynn87 December 28, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "After a couple of hours after taking an 875 mg tab, my stomach became rock hard. I had the most debilitating stomach cramps known to man. I've never vomited as much and as hard as I did that day. The diarrhea was like I was urinating out of my anus. After drinking a bottle of kiefer, I was good again"

Leon G. December 27, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "3 hours after my first dose of Augmentin 875 I started vomiting in addition to diarrhea. I thought I had a stomach flu. I waited 5-6 days to restart the antibiotic. Well 3 hours after that dose guess where I was, in the bathroom vomiting again for several hours! I will NEVER take this medicine again!!! I've had Augmentin before but only experienced nausea. Not anymore! :("

Amy7231 December 26, 2015

"2 Years ago I thought I had a toothache...after a visit to the dentist, he told me it was a sinus infection and to go to the nearest medical centre. I did and they prescribed me this drug. After two days I had to call 911 from vomiting and passing out . The only thing that saved me was Clariton Extra Strength to dry me up finally .. relief was within 20 minutes from taking only 1 pill ... true true story."

kimboloco December 11, 2015

"Nausea, diarrhea, stomach pains. But the infection seems to have cleared."

anonymous50 December 10, 2015

"Got Amoxicillin for tooth pain and root canal infection. Staying in the north of Namibia and had to get the swelling and pain off before going to Europe to treat the tooth at a better dentist . The prescription was 3 x day for 5 days . In 2012 I used it also for a week for Acne treatment . BOTH TIMES I got terrible headache meningtitis type feeling from day two on which lingered on for some days after I finished the drug. The first time I was not sure what to make out this rare symptoms and the doctor was in doubt as I don't remember an allergy on anitibiotics. But now in 2015 taking the same drug its the same side effects. So I guess Amoxicillin can have this bad effects I finished the course both times but the side effects were identical...."

Patrick Hilger December 9, 2015

"Works good and fast for sinus infection. TAKE.... pro biotics or at least some yogurt and hour before or and hour after to help with stomach issues. Personally I would rather have the shits than a sinusitis infection any day as the sinusitis infection laid me out body and mind."

Camel toe (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "I'm almost done with a 10 day course of 875 mg of Augmentin, twice daily. I don't feel any relief. I'm taking Flonase and generic Allegra D as well. None of it helps."

A76marie (taken for less than 1 month) November 23, 2015

"I took this medicine after being prescribed for a persistent infection. After a quick nap before I became hot sweaty and jittery and began to vomit endlessly. I vomited so hard that I saw blood and had to go to the hospital. I was diagnosed with food poisoning and popped blood vessels in my stomach (even though they knew I was on the meds,) given an iv and anti-nausea meds. It took me days to get back to normal, and since my infection is still persistent I thought it was a good time to try taking the pills again. Big mistake. Woke up 2 hours later vomitig, like a nightmare. Luckily had some anti-nausea medicine leftover and could keep it down enough to not make a hospital visit at midnight. Horrible horrible experience."

A201512345432 November 23, 2015

"So far so good. No major problems. Minor stomach irritation but that's normal for most antibiotics. I took it 2 a day with food and a full glass of water. My sinus symptoms cleared up very quickly. Be sure to take a few high dose probiotics while on this medication . You can pick probiotics at any drug store. Make sure your probiotics are 1 bilion count or higher to be effective in keeping the natural flora count. Taking the probiotics a few hours before I took the antibiotics worked best for me."

Monye (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2015

"Took this medicine as prescribed by my ENT doctor for sinus infection. Been taking it for 4 day now, with no improvement. In fact my sinus is getting worse.. My phlegm is so thick that it got stuck behind my throat, causing severe cough and a sore throat that gets worse each day. The nasal spray and sinus douche that the doc gave me also do little to improve my symptoms."

Jtj October 16, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "Sinuses started clearing after about two days but my tongue began to swell a little. I also had tongue soreness and developed ulcers on my tongue as well. Chest tightness also occurred. I will never take this drug again as this is the second time I've had a bad experience with it."

R Cloke October 12, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "This is my second time using Augmentin. Before this it was used for an ear infection, and now for sinusitis. Symptoms cleared up almost exactly when my doctor said they would- about 2 days in each time. Symptoms have been minimal with only minor stomach upset. Taken with probiotics several hours apart from it regularly I managed to avoid a yeast infection."

Respo October 7, 2015

"I took 850 amox. clavulane for 14 days twice a day. No side effects whatsoever, infection start fade away immediately, very slowly I'm feeling better each day, until I get to certain point where I'm not totally cured but almost, from that point to the end of the treatment there's no improvement . When I stop the medication infection very rapidly come back again .... this is my second treatment. I don't know what else I can do"

Pablo Mariani (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "Augmentin: The first time I took it was about 8 yrs ago. It did the job quick but I had diarrhea for about a year. {not kidding! also developed plantar fasciitis for a brief period possibly due to a lack of certain nutrients, caused by the extended bout of diarrhea} I did not know what probiotics are at the time!?:( I blamed myself and that other guy, My doctor for not mentioning the benefits of probiotics. Probiotics maintain a healthy level of good bacteria that most antibiotics will destroy, This prevents or minimizes greatly any diarrhea. Augmentin also contains clavulanic acid which causes the upset stomach. Ranitidine, which is an acid reducer can help soften the sour stomach often associated with augmentin. Augmentin does work!!!"

Anonymous August 31, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "I suffer from chronic sinus infections and migraine headaches. I usually can tell if a sinus infection has taken hold when sumatriptan ( migraine med) is not working! first go round a couple year ago with Augmentin 875 mg big pills was awful, and I experienced what others reported with horrible chemo like diareah effects, barely made it through 5 of 10 days, but felt better in head afterwards. decided to gut it out again a couple years later with another sinus infection after weaker antibiotics did not work and had a much easier time with augmentin. perhaps body needs to adjust yo this med, but thank god it works!"

vicrom (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2015

"Had increased heart rate and shortness of breath just after a few hours of taking it followed by severe nausea and vomiting over night. The next day felt extremely week and tired with light nausea and no appetite. My stomach and lower back were sensitive to the touch and achy. I was prescribed this two separate times in a year and both times had this reaction. Both times the doctors stopped it's use and prescribed something else."

Cass85 August 3, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "had sinusitis for 3 weeks and got augmentine for medication. I'm on my 3rd day now and thinking of stopping as it gave me severe headache. couldn't do any work, just laying on the bed battling with it. augmentine is good, for most people, but not for me though."

Denise Alliman July 22, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "Suffered for almost a week before heading to the doctor. My sinus infection had gotten so bad it lead to an ear infection. After trying to self medicate for almost a week (HUGE FAIL) I finally gave in. My lovely doctor prescribed Augmentin. I started Augmentin Thursday and today I am almost feeling like myself again. No negative side affects for me whatsoever :) pretty satisfied "

Feeling Way Better (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "Had the worst sinus infection of my life and couldn't sleep for 2 days. my sinuses felt like concrete. After 2 days on Augmentin I finally felt relief. It took 7 days to completely get rid of the infection. No side effects, maybe because I'm 6 ft 7 and weigh 260 lbs and had more body mass."

TallPaul July 4, 2015