User Reviews for Amoxicillin / clavulanate

Also known as: Amoclan, Augmentin, Augmentin ES-600, Augmentin XR

Learn more about Amoxicillin/clavulanate.

Amoxicillin/clavulanate Rating Summary

6.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 259 medications used in the treatment of Sinusitis.

Reviews for Amoxicillin/clavulanate to treat Sinusitis

"It seems to help but I had a side effect that was unexpected and before I say this I am being totally for real about it. I had normal side effect of nausea but then a strange one. I became aroused and turned on very easily. This is not a normal thing for me either. Not that I am complaining just think its weird. Anyone else have this happen???"

AllieBug33 (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2016

"I've taken this medication twice for a sinus infection. Both times I've used it I got very nauseous and on the verge of throwing up. It's so bad I can't do much but lay down and sleep. I'm never using this medication again."

Carly Roman April 12, 2016

"I get so sick from taking this, I can't even work. Nausea, stomach pain, dizziness, headache, tired ...I'm going back to the doctor to switch medication just after taking them for 3 days, I can't do it no more"

Norqueen April 10, 2016

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "Completely and totally killed the sinus infection. Ive lost some sense of smell."

AEJ2 (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2016

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "I am currently staying in the hospital overnight with an infected colon ( thought it was appendicitis it was so close), crazy watery diarrhea, vomiting, severe stomach cramps, and therefore dehydration. I have never had digestive problems like this and I've never been in a hospital overnight. This is seriously because of augmentin. Do not take this drug!"

Ughhhhh (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2016

"Tonight is my first night taking this antibiotic. I have a inner ear infection. Let me tell you, Its 2:15AM and I'm up because the stomach ache I'm having right now. I also took right with a meal!! I'm calling first thing in the morning to hopefully change to something else. I can't go through 10 days of this!!"

Matt b March 31, 2016

"Hi, I used to get a terrible reaction when I took Augmentin for sinus infections. I projectile vomited within 5 min. of ingestion. Then, I had a really severe sinus infection that I battled for 4 months. I was prescribed everything under the sun except Augmentin for obvious reasons. Finally, I went to a specialist who told me that I needed to take the Augmentin and to take it with probiotic yogurt - live cultures, etc. I've never had a problem since taking Augmentin with Activia yogurt. I've had no side effects at all."

Abby1717 March 28, 2016

"Bad sinus infection, medicine is working well for the whole family. No side effects."

Mystearica (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2016

"I was just prescribed amoxicillin clav 875mg- 2 pills a day. I'm going on my 3rd day of meds. The first day I had a horrible headache but I'm prone to them and the weather was rainy too. Soo I figure that could have been something else. The worst thing I have experienced is the nausea. It happens a few hours after I have taken a dose. I've been taking the meds with a half bottle of water. I sip some milk and eat cereal along with it each time. Usually a few hrs after dose and or when I eat I will have to go to the bathroom. Somewhat loose stool. May be the nausea but I also feel sick/feverish a few hours after the pill but I do not have a fever. Comes and goes."

Tjam March 12, 2016

"I've been using for nine days I get a bad headache after each use"

Ben j March 3, 2016

"Had a persistent sinus infection, took 2 875 MG tablets for 3 days. My 3rd night I was so sick, stomach cramps, vomiting, for 15 hours, I stopped taking it."

Emb72 March 3, 2016

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "Went to urgent care with a tooth ache. Told I had a severe sinus infection. Mind you I've had swelling on the left side of my face for 5 years, been thru every test out there, for answers with no success. Ever since the swelling started I've suffered ear infections (left side only) and sinus infections to no end. Dentist would tell me my X-rays don't look normal, but offered no explanation. Okay so, urgent care prescribed penicillin 500mg, but I explain to the dr that I may have a tolerance to that with all the antibiotics I've been on so she prescribes, Augmentin 875 2x a day for 10days. Over a few days I'm dizzy, nauseous, pressure headaches like my brain is being squeeszed. The worst medicine EVER!!!"

Mollie (perforated sinus girl) February 28, 2016

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "I get sinus infections twice a year like clock work. I usually get a Z-pack and a couple days of prednisone and I'm usually better in a couple days. This time around, I was given 875 mg of augmentin for 10 days, along with 10 day step-down dosage of prednisone. I took the meds as prescribed for 4 days and had to stop. I've never had such debilitating stomach pains in my life. I'm talking stomach pains, not intestinal pains. I felt so nauseated, though I never vomited once. My head felt funny, like a headache was trying to develop, and I began to sweat. It has been 5 days since I stopped taking the medications, and I am still having issues with my stomach!! Never ever again! I need answers!!"

Tollcoll2376 (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2016

"Got extremely sick from this drug! I had to stop taking it and go back to the doctor for another type! Worst antibiotic I've ever taken!"

Anonymous February 22, 2016

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "Bad sinus infection. 6 days in after 2 x a day 875 mg's I FINALLY feel better. Minimal side effects. Loose bowel motions as mentioned."

JJP62 February 22, 2016

"Felt a bit strange after the first pill but thought maybe it was because it was working.Took the second pill and felt poisoned.I felt awful and finally had violent bouts of being sick to my stomach. My heart also raced.Not worth it."

Megith February 19, 2016

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "Started on 100mg of Augmentin for Sinus infection. Cleared up sinuses well but had severe diarrhea. I wasn't concerned by this considering it's the common side effect but I just took my last dose, not four hours later I threw up twice and had more bowel movements. This medication was not for me."

Anon7596 February 13, 2016

"I had a severe sinus infection. And although I needed an antibiotic to get rid of the infection, this is the worst antibiotic I have ever taken! I was prescribed 20 tablets - 10 days, 2 a-day. On about day 7, I started having horrible stomach pains both upper and lower, and felt absolutely nauseated, with little strength due to the nausea. I had never seen a mixture of amoxicillin and potassium together. Something seems terribly wrong with this script. I was always good with just plain antibiotic "amoxicillin". What's going on here? Drug companies trying to poison us? Because that is what it feels like. I'm glad I'm done w/prescription and will know better nxt time. BTW a friend went through the same thing. Coincidence? nahhh!"

Nausea February 12, 2016

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "Everyone's system is different. What you have to do is take probiotics, I drink kefir, 4 hours after you take the augmentin. This and plenty of water, will help most people. Always always always eat plenty of food with augmentin, and always take probiotics in intervals, to replace the good bacteria. Do not take them at the same time, else you will just kill the probiotic good bacteria"

divinetrust January 30, 2016

"I have 1-2 chronic sinus infections a year and this time I was given Augmentin the first time and LET ME TELL YA. Im on the 2nd day and after the 2nd dose I woke up with my sinus headache basically GONE and it was sooo bad the day before. Only have clogged ears right now. No side effects besides a little bit of stomach pain but so tolerable, no nauseousness at alll"

colleencrowww January 26, 2016

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "Throat infection/headache/ear infection. Four days twice a day helped me get rid of it. Just drink a lot of water people"

Dana ak (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2016

"My ENT put me on ceftin at first for 10 days to treat sinus infection. I finished the course but didn't feel completely healed. A couple weeks later my head felt worse than ever. Went to a walk in Doctor and he gave me this for 7 days. After the first pill I already started feeling a little better. Only on my 3rd dose but I will never take anything but this again for a sinus infection."

K Alexandra (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2016

"I have chronic sinus infections 2 to 4 times a year and this is the only thing that clears up the infection. I have had sinus surgery and taking everything else under the sun to treat them nothing but amox-clav 875 MG works. I guess I just have a rock hard stomach as long as I drink milk and if I get a upset feeling eat a cup of yogurt I have no problems ever, but that's just a few of us in the world who have cast iron stomachs. Hope this helps someone just e member to drink milk and eat dairy while you take the pill, and eat something a little solid at dinner and breakfasts"

copper2401 January 5, 2016

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "Day 4 of 875 mg of augmentin. I have a severe sinus infection, a inner ear infection along with a "sizeable" hole in my eardrum "

jcblockhead15 January 3, 2016

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "I did not have any side effects. Loose stool the first few days bit not what I would consider diarrhea. I'm not sure if it worked though. It helped my ears but I still have a slight sinus headache. Just finished the 10th day. Two doses a day."

HeatherLynn87 December 28, 2015