Vectra for Dogs & PuppiesThis page contains information on Vectra for Dogs & Puppies for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Vectra for Dogs & Puppies Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Vectra for Dogs & Puppies
- Direction and dosage information for Vectra for Dogs & Puppies
Vectra for Dogs & PuppiesThis treatment applies to the following species:
- over 8 weeks of age
- 2.5-10 lbs - 11-20 lbs - 21-55 lbs - 56-100 lbs
Effective monthly control of: Adult fleas, Flea eggs, Flea larvae, Flea pupae
- Quick onset of activity within 2 hours; kills fleas within 6 hours
- Kills fleas that may transmit diseases including bartonellosis, tapeworm and tularemia
- Quick drying, non-greasy
- Kills fleas that may cause flea allergy dermatitis and anemia
- Convenient topical treatment with patented applicator
- Prevents reinfestation through 30 days
AVAILABLE FROM LICENSED VETERINARIANS ONLY
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
READ ENTIRE LABEL BEFORE EACH USE
USE ONLY ON DOGS AND PUPPIES OVER 8 WEEKS OF AGE
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 1-800-999-0297 or email us at email@example.com
Hazards To Humans
WarningCauses substantial, but temporary eye injury. Harmful if swallowed or absorbed through the skin. Do not get in eyes or on clothing. Avoid contact with skin. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum and using tobacco. Remove and wash contaminated clothing before reuse.
Hazards To Domestic Animals
For external use on dogs only. Do not use on puppies less than 8 weeks old.
Do not use this product on debilitated, aged, medicated, pregnant or nursing animals or animals known to be sensitive to pesticide products without first consulting a veterinarian. Sensitivity, such as slight transitory redness of the skin at the site of application, may occur after using ANY pesticide product for pets. If signs of sensitivity occur, bathe your pet with mild soap or shampoo and rinse with large amounts of water. If signs of individual animal sensitivity occur and persist, contact your veterinarian. Have the product container or label with you when calling your veterinarian for advice.
If in eyes:
Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15 - 20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing. Call a poison control center doctor for treatment advice.
Call a poison control center doctor for treatment advice. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison control center or doctor. Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not give anything to an unconscious person.
If on skin:
Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15 - 20 minutes. Call a poison control center, doctor, or 1-800-999-0297 or after 6 pm EST 1-888-426-4435 immediately for treatment advice.
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor or going for treatment. You may contact 1-800-999-0297 or after 6 pm EST call 1-888-426-4435 for emergency medical information.
Directions For Use
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. [Precaución al consumidor: si usted no lee ingles, no use este producto hasta que la etiqueta le haya sido explicada ampliamente] (To the User: If you cannot speak English, do not use this product until the label has been fully explained to you.)]
HOW TO APPLY:
1. USE ONLY ON DOGS. Do not use on cats or other animals.
2. Remove applicator from package.
3. The dog should be standing or in a comfortable position for easy application.
4. Holding the applicator upright, place thumb and index finger around the applicator tip under the large disk. With other hand, grasp the stem of applicator tip above smaller disk. Press down firmly on small disk until both disks meet, piercing the seal. (See illustration.)
5. Using the tip of the applicator, part the hair between the shoulder blades and slowly apply the product (as shown below) directly onto the skin until the applicator tube is completely empty. Avoid superficial application to the animal’s hair.
For dogs weighing between 2.5-10 lbs OR weighing between 11-20 lbs, apply the product to 1 spot, as shown, onto the skin.
For dogs weighing 21-55 lbs, apply the product evenly to 3 spots along the dog’s back, beginning between the shoulder blades and continuing in the order shown in the diagram.
For dogs weighing 56-100 lbs, apply the product evenly to 4 spots on the dog’s back, beginning between the shoulder blades and continuing in the order shown in the diagram.
6. Discard empty applicator tube as outlined in the storage and disposal section.
7. For treatment, control and prevention of fleas, flea eggs, flea larvae and flea pupae, year-round treatment is recommended.
Storage And Disposal
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage and disposal.
StorageStore in a cool, dry place. Protect from freezing.
DisposalIf empty, do not reuse the container. Place in trash or offer for recycling if available. If partially filled, call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused products down any indoor or outdoor drain.
Limited Warranty And Limitation Of Damages
Seller warrants that the material conforms to the chemical parameters of the US EPA registration and the label. Seller makes no warranty to the extent consistent with applicable law, express or implied, other than indicated on the label. Buyer and user assume all risk of use and handling of this material when such use and handling are contrary to the label directions. To the extent consistent with applicable law any damages arising from a breach of this warranty shall be limited to direct damages and shall not include consequential commercial damages such as loss of profit or values.
NET CONTENTS: each 0.044 fl. oz. (1.3 mL)
each 0.068 fl. oz. (2.0 mL)
each 0.135 fl. oz. (4.0 mL)
each 0.204 fl. oz. (6.0 mL)
EPA Reg. No. 83399-10
EPA Est. No. 68669-NC-1
Made in the USA by Ceva Animal Health, LLC, 301 Rt. 17 N, Rutherford, NJ 07070
Ceva Animal Health, LLC will provide new product or your money back.
For additional information please contact us at 1-800-999-0297 or firstname.lastname@example.org
©2011 Ceva Animal Health, LLC VDP-001-09 4/09
8735 ROSEHILL ROAD, STE. 300, LENEXA, KS, 66215
Copyright © 2023 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2023-05-30