Calmoseptine by Calmoseptine Inc.
Dosage form: ointment
Ingredients: LANOLIN 15.7g in 100g, MENTHOL 0.44g in 100g, PETROLATUM 24g in 100g, ZINC OXIDE 20.6g in 100g
Labeler: Calmoseptine Inc.
NDC Code: 0799-0001
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Zinc Oxide 20.6%
Active Ingredients Purpose
Lanolin 15.7%...........................Anorectal Protectant
Menthol 0.44%...........................Anorectal Analgesic
Petrolatum 24%........................Anorectal Protectant
Zinc Oxide 20.6%......Anorectal Protectant, Astringent
- Temporarily protects irritated areas.
- For the temporary relief of:
- local itching and discomfort in the perianal area
- pain or burning
- skin irritations
For external use only
* Certain persons can develop allergic reactions to ingredients in this product.
* Do not put this product into the rectum by using fingers or any mechanical device or applicator.
* Do not exceed the recommended daily dosage unless directed by a doctor.
* Avoid contact with eyes.
- condition worsens or does not improve within 7 days
- bleeding occurs
- symptom being treated does not subside or if redness, irritation, swelling, pain or other symptoms develop or increase.
In case of accidental ingestion contact a physician or Poison Control Center immediately.
Adults: When practical, cleanse the affected area with mild soap and warm water and rinse thoroughly.
Gently dry by patting or blotting with toilet tissue or a soft cloth or air dry before application of this product.
Apply externally to the affected area up to 6 times daily or after each bowel movement.
Children under 12 years of age: consult a doctor.
calamine, chlorothymol, glycerin, phenol,
sodium bicarbonate, and thymol in a suitable ointment base
anorectal ointment ointment
|Labeler - Calmoseptine Inc. (783409394)|
|Calmo Manufacturing Inc.||015850149||manufacture(0799-0001), pack(0799-0001), label(0799-0001)|
Medically reviewed on Aug 8, 2017
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.