Predisone is a common misspelling of prednisone.
What is prednisone (predisone)?
Prednisone (predisone) is in a class of drugs called corticosteroids. Prednisone (predisone) works by decreasing or preventing the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation. It also modifies the body's response to certain immune stimulation.
Prednisone (predisone) is used to treat severe allergies, arthritis, asthma, multiple sclerosis, ulcerative colitis, lupus, psoriasis and other skin conditions. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Prednisone (predisone) makes you more susceptible to illnesses, especially if you take it for an extended period of time. Prevent infection by avoiding contact with people who have colds or other infections. If you are exposed to chickenpox, measles, or TB while taking prednisone (predisone or within 12 months after stopping prednisone (predisone), call your doctor. Report any injuries or signs of an infection (fever, sore throat, pain during urination, or muscle aches) that occur during treatment and within 12 months after stopping prednisone (predisone) .
Click for more information on Predisone (prednisone)
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
- Prednisone - if my prescription says take 6 pills on the first day do I take all 6 at once?
- How long does prednisone stay in your system?
- Prednisone vs Prednisolone - What's the difference?
- Methylprednisolone vs Prednisone - What's the difference between them?
- How long does it take prednisone to get out of your system?
- I just took 800 mg ibuprofen and 30 mg of prednisone. Is that going to be ok?
- What are the side effects of steroids?
- Is it safe to take ibuprofen right after taking prednisone?
- Is sunburn a side effect of prednisone? Should I avoid being in the sun while taking prednisone?
- Can you take Symbicort and prednisone together?
- Can you take Xanax if you are on prednisone?
- Are there any drug interactions between prednisone and Viagra?
- Is prednisone a steroid drug?