Avil is a common misspelling of Advil (ibuprofen).
Avil is also the brand name for the antihistamine, pheniramine maleate. Avil (pheniramine) is available in the following countries: Australia, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Pakistan, Serbia, and Turkey.
What is Advil (Avil)?
Advil (Avil) is an nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). Exactly how it works is not known. It may block certain substances in the body that are linked to inflammation. NSAIDs treat the symptoms of pain and inflammation. They do not treat the disease that causes those symptoms.
Advil (Avil) is used to treat minor aches and pains caused by the common cold, headaches, toothaches, back or muscle aches, menstrual cramps, arthritis or minor injuries. Advil (Avil) may be used to reduce fever. Advil (Avil) may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.Do not use Advil (Avil) if you have ever had an allergic reaction to any other pain reliever/fever reducer and do not use immediately before or after heart surgery.
Click for more information on Avil (Advil)
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
- Why is diclofenac only available on prescription but ibuprofen can be bought over the counter?
- Does ibuprofen cause blood in your urine?
- What's the best sore throat medicine to use?
- How many 600 mg ibuprofen are safe in a 24 hour period?
- Is it safe to take two 800 milligram ibuprofen with Tylenol Extra Strength?
- Acetaminophen vs ibuprofen: What is the difference?
- Can you take ibuprofen while pregnant?
- Is ibuprofen an anti-inflammatory drug?
- How often can you take ibuprofen?
- Does ibuprofen reduce fever?
- Naproxen vs ibuprofen: What's the difference?
- What antibiotics are used to treat bronchitis?
- Can you take ibuprofen with antibiotics?
- Aleve vs Ibuprofen: What's the difference?
- How long do I wait after taking 400 mg ibuprofen to take 15 mg of meloxicam?
- I just took 800 mg ibuprofen and 30 mg of prednisone. Is that going to be ok?
- Is it safe to take ibuprofen right after taking prednisone?
- What is the difference between meloxicam and ibuprofen?
- What is the difference between aspirin and ibuprofen?
- Aleve vs Advil: What's the difference?
- Motrin vs Advil: What's the difference?
- Tylenol vs Advil: What's the difference?