What drugs are contained in Vyxeos?
Vyxeos contains a fixed-dose combination of daunorubicin and cytarabine, two chemotherapy (cancer) drugs, surrounded by a liposomal coating. This is a coating made of fat-like material which provides a way for daunorubicin and cytarabine to safely get to the bone marrow while limiting their effect on healthy tissue.
Vyxeos may be used to treat adults with acute myeloid leukemia (AML) caused by previous chemotherapy treatment or AML with myelodysplasia-related changes (AML-MRC). Vyxeos may also be used in children aged one year and older to treat newly-diagnosed therapy-related t-AML or AML with myelodysplasia-related changes (AML-MRC).
- Vyxeos (daunorubicin and cytarabine) [Package Insert] Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Inc. https://www.drugs.com/pro/vyxeos.html
- Daunorubicin and Cytarabine (Liposomal) Chemocare. https://chemocare.com/chemotherapy/drug-info/daunorubicin-and-cytarabine-liposomal.aspx
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals Announces FDA Approval of Additional Indication for Vyxeos (daunorubicin and cytarabine) for the Treatment of Secondary Acute Myeloid Leukemia in Pediatric Patients https://www.drugs.com/newdrugs/jazz-pharmaceuticals-announces-fda-approval-additional-indication-vyxeos-daunorubicin-cytarabine-5476.html
Related medical questions
- How is Vyxeos administered and how long do you take it for?
- Why does Vyxeos have a polymer coating?
- What is the strongest chemotherapy drug for breast cancer?
- Is small cell or non-small cell lung cancer worse?
- Is non-small cell lung cancer hereditary?
- How aggressive is non-small cell lung cancer?
- Does smoking cause non-small cell lung cancer?
- What type of prostate cancer is Erleada used to treat?
- What type of lung cancer is Vizimpro used to treat?
- What type of cancer is Tecentriq used to treat?
- What type of cancer is Daurismo (glasdegib) used to treat?