Skip to Content

Benzoic acid

Important: The information below refers to medicines available in the United States that contain benzoic acid.

Medications containing benzoic acid:

Multi-ingredient medications containing benzoic acid:

benzoic acid/hyoscyamine/methenamine/methylene blue/phenyl salicylate systemic

Brand names: Hyophen, Prosed DS, Methylphen, Urophen MB
Drug class(es): urinary antispasmodics
Benzoic acid/hyoscyamine/methenamine/methylene blue/phenyl salicylate systemic is used in the treatment of:

benzoic acid/methenamine/sodium salicylate systemic

Brand names: Cystex
Drug class(es): urinary anti-infectives

benzoic acid/salicylic acid topical

Brand names: Bensal HP, Whitfields Ointment
Drug class(es): topical antifungals
Benzoic acid/salicylic acid topical is used in the treatment of:

Disclaimer: The indications, uses and warnings for individual medications outside the USA are determined by local regulatory bodies in each country or region. The website is intended primarily for audiences in the United States and its territories. Indications, uses and warnings on patient information leaflets are derived from FDA product labels and may differ in countries outside the USA. Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided on this page is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients or recommend specific therapies. The information on this page is not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that a drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information provided here. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. Always consult your doctor or healthcare specialist for medical advice.