Excipient (pharmacologically inactive substance)
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 16, 2018.
What is it?
Sunflower oil is a pale yellow mild-flavored oil derived from sunflower (Helianthus annuus) seeds which is high in polyunsaturated fat and low in saturated fat. It is often used in cooking and in salad dressings and has low saturated fat properties. The high vitamin E content makes sunflower oil a good emollient for dry skin. Sunflower Oil has a protective effect on the skin and has healing properties when applied to bruises and skin conditions. The high oleic version of sunflower oil has a shelf life sufficient for commercial manufacturing of cosmetics.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Top Medications with this excipient
- Folcal DHA 30-1.24-265 mg
- Nexa Plus with DHA Prenatal Multivitamins with Folic Acid 1.25 mg and Docusate
- Nexa Select with DHA Prenatal Multivitamins with Folic Acid 1.25 mg and Docusate
- Prenatal Plus Prenatal Vitamin with Iron Fumarate
- PreNexa with DHA Prenatal Multivitamins with Folic Acid 1.25 mg and Docusate
- Vitafol-One Prenatal Multivitamins with Folic Acid 1 mg