Methacrylic Acid - Methyl Methacrylate Copolymer (1:2)
Excipient (pharmacologically inactive substance)
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 22, 2018.
What is it?
Methacrylic acid - methyl methacrylate copolymer (1:2), also known as methacrylic acid copolymer, Type B - NF, is an excipient used in pharmaceutical manufacturing.
It is a solid white powder with dissolution above pH of 7.0, and is used in enteric coatings for fast dissolution in the upper bowel, for granulation of drug substances in powder form for controlled-release, and for site-specific drug delivery. It is typically released in the upper bowel of the gastrointestinal tract.
 Evonik Industries. Eudragit. Eudragit S 100. Description. Accessed 8/15/2012. http://eudragit.evonik.com/product/eudragit/en/products-services/eudragit-products/enteric-formulations/s-100/pages/default.aspx
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Top Medications with this excipient
- Aspirin and Extended-Release Dipyridamole 25 mg / 200 mg
- Dexilant 30 mg
- Diltiazem Hydrochloride Extended-Release 360 mg
- Diltiazem Hydrochloride Extended-Release (SR) 60 mg
- Diltiazem Hydrochloride Extended-Release (SR) 90 mg
- Lamotrigine Extended-Release 200 mg
- Lamotrigine Extended-Release 25 mg
- Mesalamine Delayed-Release 1.2 g
- Metoprolol Succinate Extended-Release 25 mg
- Metoprolol Succinate Extended-Release 50 mg
- Metoprolol Succinate Extended-Release 100 mg
- Nifedical XL 30 mg
- Omeprazole Magnesium Delayed-Release 20 mg (base)
- Rytary carbidopa 61.25 mg / levodopa 245 mg
- Verapamil Hydrochloride Extended Release 200 mg
- Verapamil Hydrochloride Extended Release 100 mg
- Videx EC 250 mg
- Videx EC 125 mg
- Videx EC 400 mg
- Videx EC 200 MG