Methacrylic Acid - Methyl Methacrylate Copolymer (1:2)
Excipient (pharmacologically inactive substance)
What is it?
Methacrylic acid - methyl methacrylate copolymer (1:2), also known as methacrylic acid copolymer, Type B - NF, is an excipient used in pharmaceutical manufacturing.
It is a solid white powder with dissolution above pH of 7.0, and is used in enteric coatings for fast dissolution in the upper bowel, for granulation of drug substances in powder form for controlled-release, and for site-specific drug delivery. It is typically released in the upper bowel of the gastrointestinal tract.
 Evonik Industries. Eudragit. Eudragit S 100. Description. Accessed 8/15/2012. http://eudragit.evonik.com/product/eudragit/en/products-services/eudragit-products/enteric-formulations/s-100/pages/default.aspx
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Top Medications with this excipient
- Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine Extended Release 20 mg
- Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine Extended Release 30 mg
- Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine Extended Release 25 mg
- Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine Extended Release 10 mg
- Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine Extended Release 15 mg
- Asacol 400 mg
- Asacol HD 800 mg
- Cartia XT 180 mg
- Cartia XT 120 mg
- Diltiazem Hydrochloride Extended-Release (SR) 120 mg
- Glyburide and Metformin Hydrochloride 1.25 mg / 250 mg
- Glyburide and Metformin Hydrochloride 5 mg / 500 mg
- Kapidex 60 mg
- Lialda 1.2 g
- Metoprolol Succinate Extended-Release 25 mg
- Metoprolol Succinate Extended-Release 50 mg
- Omeprazole Magnesium Delayed-Release 20 mg (base)
- Verapamil Hydrochloride Extended Release 200 mg
- Videx EC 200 MG
- Videx EC 125 mg