Magnesium Aluminum Silicate
Excipient (pharmacologically inactive substance)
What is it?
Magnesium aluminum silicate (Al2Mg2O15Si5) is an off-white powder used in the pharmaceutical manufacturing process as an absorbent; anticaking agent; opacifying agent; slip modifier; and an aqueous viscosity increasing agent. It can be used in tablet making and in medication suspensions, and it is also used in the cosmetics industry in make-up such as pressed eye shadows and in hair conditioners.
Top Medications with this excipient
- Lamictal (Chewable) 2 mg (GlaxoSmithKline LLC)
- Lamictal CD 5 mg (GSK Pharm)
- Lamictal CD 25 mg (GlaxoSmithKline)
- Methenamine Mandelate 1 gram (Edenbridge Pharmaceuticals)
- Methenamine Mandelate 500 mg (Edenbridge Pharmaceuticals)
- Pravastatin Sodium 10 mg (Cobalt Laboratories Inc)
- Pravastatin Sodium 20 mg (Cobalt Laboratories Inc)
- Pravastatin Sodium 40 mg (Cobalt Laboratories Inc)
- Pravastatin Sodium 80 mg (Cobalt Laboratories Inc)
- Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride 30 mg (Contract Pharmacal Corp.)
- Pseudoephedrine Plus chlorpheniramine maleate 4 mg / pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 30 mg (Contract Pharmacal Corp.)