Magnesium Aluminum Silicate
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Aug 2, 2021.
Excipient (pharmacologically inactive substance)
What is it?
Magnesium aluminum silicate (Al2Mg2O15Si5) is an off-white powder used in the pharmaceutical manufacturing process as an absorbent; anticaking agent; opacifying agent; slip modifier; and an aqueous viscosity increasing agent. It can be used in tablet making and in medication suspensions, and it is also used in the cosmetics industry in make-up such as pressed eye shadows and in hair conditioners.
Top medications with this excipient
- Felodipine Extended-Release 2.5 mg
- Felodipine Extended-Release 10 mg
- Felodipine Extended-Release 5 mg
- Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate 200 mg
- Lamictal (Chewable) 2 mg
- Lamictal CD 25 mg
- Lamictal CD 5 mg
- Methenamine Mandelate 1 gram
- Methenamine Mandelate 500 mg
- Pravastatin Sodium 80 mg
- Pravastatin Sodium 20 mg
- Pravastatin Sodium 10 mg
- Pravastatin Sodium 40 mg
- Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride 30 mg
- Pseudoephedrine Plus chlorpheniramine maleate 4 mg / pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 30 mg
- Trospium Chloride Extended-Release 60 mg
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.