Magnesium Aluminum Silicate
Excipient (pharmacologically inactive substance)
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Aug 10, 2018.
What is it?
Magnesium aluminum silicate (Al2Mg2O15Si5) is an off-white powder used in the pharmaceutical manufacturing process as an absorbent; anticaking agent; opacifying agent; slip modifier; and an aqueous viscosity increasing agent. It can be used in tablet making and in medication suspensions, and it is also used in the cosmetics industry in make-up such as pressed eye shadows and in hair conditioners.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Top Medications with this excipient
- Felodipine Extended-Release 10 mg
- Felodipine Extended-Release 2.5 mg
- Felodipine Extended-Release 5 mg
- Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate 200 mg
- Lamictal (Chewable) 2 mg
- Lamictal CD 5 mg
- Lamictal CD 25 mg
- Methenamine Mandelate 1 gram
- Methenamine Mandelate 500 mg
- Pravastatin Sodium 80 mg
- Pravastatin Sodium 20 mg
- Pravastatin Sodium 10 mg
- Pravastatin Sodium 40 mg
- Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride 30 mg
- Pseudoephedrine Plus chlorpheniramine maleate 4 mg / pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 30 mg
- Trospium Chloride Extended-Release 60 mg