Calcium Phosphate Dihydrate Dibasic
Excipient (pharmacologically inactive substance)
What is it?
Various calcium phosphates are used as diluents in the pharmaceutical industry. Diluents are added to pharmaceutical tablets or capsules to make the product large enough for swallowing and handling, and more stable.
Some calcium phosphate salts can be anhydrous, meaning the water has been removed from the salt form. Other calcium phosphates are termed dibasic, meaning they have two replaceable hydrogen atoms.
Calcium phosphate dihydrate dibasic is on the FDA Generally Regarded as Safe List (GRAS). There is no evidence in the available information on calcium phopshate that demonstrates or suggests reasonable grounds to suspect a hazard to the public when they are used at levels that are now current or that might reasonably be expected in the future.
 Dave RH. Overview of pharmaceutical excipients used in tablets and capsules. Drug Topics (online). Advanstar. 10/24/2008 http://drugtopics.modernmedicine.com/drugtopics/Top+News/Overview-of-pharmaceutical-excipients-used-in-tabl/ArticleStandard/Article/detail/561047. Accessed 03/24/2012
Top Medications with this excipient
- Amlodipine Besylate 10 mg (Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc)
- Clonidine Hydrochloride 0.1 mg (Unichem Pharmaceuticals)
- Clonidine Hydrochloride 0.2 mg (Unichem Pharmaceuticals)
- Hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg (Unichem Pharmaceuticals)
- Phentermine Hydrochloride 37.5 mg (Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Inc.)
- Phenylephrine Hydrochloride 10 mg (L.N.K. International, Inc.)
- Promethazine Hydrochloride 25 mg (Watson Pharmaceuticals)
- Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride Extended Release 120 mg (Perrigo Company)
- Quetiapine Fumarate 25 mg (Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc.)
- Quetiapine Fumarate 100 mg (Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc.)
- Quetiapine Fumarate 100 mg (Accord Healthcare Inc.)
- Quetiapine Fumarate 50 mg (Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc.)
- Quetiapine Fumarate 200 mg (Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc.)
- Seroquel 100 mg (AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals)
- Sertraline Hydrochloride 50 mg (Camber Pharmaceuticals)
- Sertraline Hydrochloride 100 mg (InvaGen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.)
- Sertraline Hydrochloride 50 mg (Aurobindo Pharma)
- Sertraline Hydrochloride 50 mg (Greenstone Limited)
- Sertraline Hydrochloride 100 mg (Aurobindo Pharma)
- Sertraline Hydrochloride 100 mg (Greenstone Limited)