Kombiglyze XR Approval History
- FDA approved: Yes (First approved November 5th, 2010)
- Brand name: Kombiglyze XR
- Generic name: saxagliptin and metformin
- Dosage form: Extended-Release Tablets
- Company: Bristol-Myers Squibb Company and AstraZeneca
- Treatment for: Diabetes, Type 2
Kombiglyze XR (saxagliptin and metformin) is a once-daily fixed dose combination of the dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitor Onglyza (saxagliptin) and extended release metformin for the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
Development History and FDA Approval Process for Kombiglyze XR
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.