Potassium Phosphate Injection
Last Updated: September 23, 2019
- American Regent has not had potassium phosphate injection available since 2012. It is unclear if and when product will return to market.
- Fresenius Kabi had potassium phosphate injection on shortage due to increased demand.
- Pfizer had potassium phosphate injection on shortage due to manufacturing delays.
- Potassium Phosphate injection, Fresenius Kabi, 3 mmol/mL, 15 mL vial, 25 count, NDC 63323-0086-15
- Potassium Phosphate injection, Fresenius Kabi, 3 mmol/mL, 5 mL vial, 25 count, NDC 63323-0086-05
- Potassium Phosphate injection, Fresenius Kabi, 3 mmol/mL, 50 mL vial, 25 count, NDC 63323-0086-50
- Potassium Phosphate injection, Pfizer, 3 mmol/mL, 15 mL vial, 25 count, NDC 00409-7295-01
- Glycophos injection, Fresenius Kabi, 1 mmol/mL, 20 mL vial, 10 count, NDC 63323-0241-20
Estimated Resupply Dates
- All marketed presentations are available.
- Pfizer has issued a recall on 7 lots of potassium phosphate 3 mmol/mL 15 mL vials due to sterility concerns. https://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/SafetyInformation/SafetyAlertsforHumanMedicalProducts/ucm563382.htm
Alternative Agents & Management
- In cooperation with FDA, Fresenius Kabi USA is providing Glycophos (sodium glycerophosphate) injection to the US market to help alleviate the shortage of phosphate injections. Glycophos is manufactured in an FDA-approved facility in Norway by Fresenius Kabi AG. Details can be found on https://www.fda.gov/downloads/drugs/drugsafety/drugshortages/ucm591758.pdf
Updated September 23, 2019 by Michelle Wheeler, PharmD, Drug Information Specialist. Created March 31, 2017 by Michelle Wheeler, PharmD, Drug Information Specialist. © 2019, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.