Phentolamine Mesylate For Injection
Last Updated: May 26, 2016
- Phentolamine Mesylate injection, West-Ward, 5 mg, vial, NDC 55390-0113-01
- West-Ward received FDA approval for phentolamine injection in Fall 2015. http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/drugshortages/dsp_ActiveIngredientDetails.cfm?AI=Phentolamine%20Mesylate%20Injection&st=c&tab=tabs-1.
- West-Ward Pharmaceuticals' parent company, Hikma Pharmaceuticals, acquired phentolamine injection from Bedford in July 2014. West-Ward discontinued the Bedford phentolamine product in early-January 2015.
- Novartis discontinued marketing the brand name product Regitine in the US in 2000.
- Sandoz Canada temporarily provided phentolamine mesylate to the US market (NDC 00781-3028-95) from May 2012 to early 2013.
- Phentolamine Mesylate injection, West-Ward, 5 mg, vial, NDC 00143-9564-10
Estimated Resupply Dates
- West-Ward launched phentolamine injection in early-November 2015 and product is available.
Updated May 26, 2016 by Leslie Jensen, PharmD, Drug Information Specialist. Created October 2, 2014 by Jane Chandramouli, PharmD, Drug Information Specialist. Copyright 2017, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.