Last Updated: February 24, 2017
- Epinephrine injection, Pfizer, 0.1 mg/mL, Abboject 18 gauge glass syringe, 10 count, NDC 00409-4901-18
- American Regent discontinued both epinephrine presentations in early 2015.
- Amphastar has epinephrine available.
- BPI Labs has epinephrine available.
- Pfizer has discontinued epinephrine Abboject syringes.
- Par has Adrenalin available.
- Adrenalin injection, Par Sterile Products, 1 mg/mL, 1 mL vial, 25 count, NDC 42023-0159-25
- Adrenalin injection, Par Sterile Products, 1 mg/mL, 30 mL multiple dose vial, 1 count, NDC 42023-0168-01
- Epinephrine injection, Amphastar, 0.1 mg/mL, 10 mL syringe, 10 count, NDC 76329-3316-01
- Epinephrine injection, Amphastar, 1 mg/mL, 30 mL vial, 1 count, NDC 76329-9061-00
- Epinephrine injection, BPI Labs, 1 mg/mL, 2 mL containing 1 mL sulfite-free and preservative-free ampule, 10 count, NDC 54288-0103-10
- Epinephrine injection, Pfizer, 0.1 mg/mL, 10 mL 20 gauge LifeShield syringe, 10 count, NDC 00409-4921-34
- Epinephrine injection, Pfizer, 1 mg/mL, 1 mL ampule, 25 count, NDC 00409-7241-01
Estimated Resupply Dates
- All marketed presentations are available.
Implications for Patient Care
- Epinephrine products from Amphastar and Pfizer are not FDA approved. BPI Lab's epinephrine injection is labeled to increase mean arterial blood pressure in patients with hypotension associated with septic shock, emergency treatment of allergic reactions including anaphylaxis, and induction and maintenance of mydriasis during intraocular surgery. Par's Adrenalin is labeled for emergency treatment of anaphylaxis and induction.
- Adrenalin injection vials from Par Sterile Products contain 1 mg/mL sodium metabisulfite. Pfizer's epinephrine ampules contain 0.9 mg/mL sodium metabisulfite.
- BPI Lab's epinephrine injection is preservative free and sulfite-free.
Updated February 24, 2017 by Michelle Wheeler, PharmD, Drug Information Specialist. Created May 3, 2011 by Jane Chandramouli, PharmD, Drug Information Specialist. Copyright 2017, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.