Drug interactions between Puregon and Repronex
|Puregon (follicle stimulating hormone)|
Interactions between your drugs
A total of 2 drugs (4 brand and generic names) are known to interact with Puregon.
- Puregon is in the drug class gonadotropins.
- Puregon is used to treat the following conditions:
- Repronex is a member of the drug class gonadotropins.
- Repronex is used to treat the following conditions:
Drug and food interactions
Therapeutic duplication warnings
Therapeutic duplication is the use of more than one medicine from the same drug category or therapeutic class to treat the same condition. This can be intentional in cases where drugs with similar actions are used together for demonstrated therapeutic benefit. It can also be unintentional in cases where a patient has been treated by more than one doctor, or had prescriptions filled at more than one pharmacy, and can have potentially adverse consequences.
Follicle stimulating agents
The recommended maximum number of medicines in the 'follicle stimulating agents' category to be taken concurrently is usually one. Your list includes two medicines belonging to the 'follicle stimulating agents' category:
- follicle stimulating hormone (active ingredient in Puregon (follicle stimulating hormone))
- menotropins (active ingredient in Repronex (menotropins))
Note: The benefits of taking this combination of medicines may outweigh any risks associated with therapeutic duplication. This information does not take the place of talking to your doctor. Always check with your healthcare provider to determine if any adjustments to your medications are needed.
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.