Drug interactions between Phos-Flur and Phos-Flur Gel
|Phos-Flur (fluoride topical)|
|Phos-Flur Gel (fluoride topical)|
Interactions between your drugs
A total of 0 drugs are known to interact with Phos-Flur.
- Phos-Flur is in the drug class mouth and throat products.
- Phos-Flur is used to treat Prevention of Dental Caries.
A total of 0 drugs are known to interact with Phos-Flur Gel.
- Phos-Flur Gel is a member of the drug class mouth and throat products.
- Phos-Flur Gel is used to treat Prevention of Dental Caries.
Drug and food interactions
Therapeutic duplication warnings
Therapeutic duplication is the use of more than one medicine from the same drug category or therapeutic class to treat the same condition. This can be intentional in cases where drugs with similar actions are used together for demonstrated therapeutic benefit. It can also be unintentional in cases where a patient has been treated by more than one doctor, or had prescriptions filled at more than one pharmacy, and can have potentially adverse consequences.
The recommended maximum number of medicines in the 'fluoride' category to be taken concurrently is usually one. Your list includes two medicines belonging to the 'fluoride' category:
- fluoride (active ingredient in Phos-Flur (fluoride topical))
- fluoride (active ingredient in Phos-Flur Gel (fluoride topical))
Note: The benefits of taking this combination of medicines may outweigh any risks associated with therapeutic duplication. This information does not take the place of talking to your doctor. Always check with your healthcare provider to determine if any adjustments to your medications are needed.
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.