Drug interactions between Motrin and Vimovo
Interactions between your drugs
- Motrin is in the drug class nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents.
- Motrin is used to treat the following conditions:
- Aseptic Necrosis
- Back Pain
- Chronic Myofascial Pain
- Diffuse Idiopathic Skeletal Hyperostosis
- Frozen Shoulder
- Gout, Acute
- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Muscle Pain
- Neck Pain
- Patent Ductus Arteriosus
- Period Pain
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Temporomandibular Joint Disorder
- Vimovo is a member of the drug class nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents.
- Vimovo is used to treat the following conditions:
Drug and food interactions
Applies to: Vimovo (esomeprazole / naproxen)
Food may interfere with the absorption of esomeprazole. Esomeprazole should be taken at least one hour before meals and at the same time every day. When esomeprazole is given to patients receiving continuous enteral nutrition (tube feedings), the tube feeding should be interrupted for at least 1 hour before and 1 hour after the dose of esomeprazole. This will make it easier for your body to absorb the medication. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.
Therapeutic duplication warnings
The recommended maximum number of medicines in the 'nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories' category to be taken concurrently is usually one. Your list includes two medicines belonging to the 'nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories' category:
- ibuprofen (active ingredient in Motrin (ibuprofen))
- naproxen (active ingredient in Vimovo (esomeprazole/naproxen))
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.