Drug interactions between Alka-Seltzer Plus Multi-Symptom Cold & Flu (Night Formula) and azithromycin
|Alka-Seltzer Plus Multi-Symptom Cold & Flu (Night Formula) (acetaminophen/dextromethorphan/doxylamine/phenylephrine)|
Interactions between your drugs
There were no interactions found in our database between Alka-Seltzer Plus Multi-Symptom Cold & Flu (Night Formula) and azithromycin - however, this does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. Always consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
Alka-Seltzer Plus Multi-Symptom Cold & Flu (Night Formula)
A total of 975 drugs (5360 brand and generic names) are known to interact with Alka-Seltzer Plus Multi-Symptom Cold & Flu (Night Formula).
- Alka-Seltzer Plus Multi-Symptom Cold & Flu (Night Formula) is in the drug class upper respiratory combinations.
- Alka-Seltzer Plus Multi-Symptom Cold & Flu (Night Formula) is used to treat the following conditions:
- Azithromycin is a member of the drug class macrolides.
- Azithromycin is used to treat the following conditions:
- Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention
- Bacterial Infection
- Chlamydia Infection
- COPD, Acute
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Gonococcal Infection, Uncomplicated
- Granuloma Inguinale
- Legionella Pneumonia
- Lyme Disease, Erythema Chronicum Migrans
- Mycobacterium avium-intracellulare, Prophylaxis
- Mycobacterium avium-intracellulare, Treatment
- Mycoplasma Pneumonia
- Nongonococcal Urethritis
- Otitis Media
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- Pertussis Prophylaxis
- Skin and Structure Infection
- Skin or Soft Tissue Infection
- STD Prophylaxis
- Typhoid Fever
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
Drug and food interactions
Applies to: Alka-Seltzer Plus Multi-Symptom Cold & Flu (Night Formula) (acetaminophen / dextromethorphan / doxylamine / phenylephrine)
Alcohol can increase the nervous system side effects of doxylamine such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with doxylamine. Do not use more than the recommended dose of doxylamine, and avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medication affects you. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions or concerns.
Therapeutic duplication warnings
No therapeutic duplications were found for your selected drugs.
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.