User Reviews for Terbutaline

Also known as: Brethaire, Brethine, Bricanyl

Learn more about Terbutaline.

Asthma, acute 2 reviews 160 medications

Premature Labor 4 reviews 15 medications

8.3
Summary of Terbutaline reviews 6 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Terbutaline

For Premature Labor: "I was given terbutaline for 10 days for premature labor it worked but made my hands shake so terribly I couldn't get food in my mouth. I say its ok side effects are strong though."

Little Dragonfly (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2015

Bricanyl (terbutaline) for Asthma, acute: "Very effective bronchodilator. Does leave a bit of an unusual taste in the mouth after use. Recommend rinsing mouth afterward."

Anonymous January 25, 2012

For Asthma, acute: "I use terbutaline inhaler under the brand of Bricanyl Turbuhaler for asthma attacks and tight chests. I get slightly more side effects from terbutaline compared to salbutamol (albuterol) but it is also more effective. Because I only use terbutaline for acute attacks/short term relief, I don't mind the side effects - but if I was on it permanently as a maintenance drug I might have a different opinion. I would recommend terbutaline because it is effective but only use for acute attack."

Anonymous December 26, 2010

Brethine (terbutaline) for Premature Labor: "It slowed down my contractions pretty fast, but when it wore off the pain would start again. The reason why I stopped taking it was because it gave me a massive headache, my sinus area was hurting so bad and my ears felt like they were going to pop, other than that good medication to control contractions"

Anonymous October 31, 2009

For Premature Labor: "It worked, but had all the side effects. It was worth it, still had her early but she stayed in long enough to be healthy."

caligirl1977 September 22, 2009

Brethine (terbutaline) for Premature Labor: "It workswhile its in your system. Works fast...but it makes my hands shake bad. My heart raceses too. Hard to get use to, but slows the contractions to nothing."

Anonymous May 1, 2008