User Reviews for Terbutaline

Also known as: Brethaire, Brethine, Bricanyl

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Terbutaline.

Asthma, acute

Premature Labor
6.5

Summary of Terbutaline reviews 7.8 8 reviews

Reviews for Terbutaline

For Premature Labor: "In 1985 I spent a week in intensive care adjusting to terbutaline, which I was given for the entire last month of my pregnancy. My child has dyslexia and developed cancer at the age of 27. At 35 I suffered a heart attack and I have recently been told I now have a hole in my heart that went undetected thru many examinations, x rays & echograms. Chronic pain & nervousness have kept me housebound for so long now that I want these symptoms to end and need to find some answers! Could this all be related to the long term effects of terbutaline? If there is anyone out there whom has experienced anything similar to my circumstances please comment"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Premature Labor: "I was placed on a terbutaline pump in 1989 and 1993 for preterm labor. Terbutaline pump now taken off the market. Something was off with both children despite normal genetic testing and appearing physically normal. Adolescent both children were unable to keep up academically or socially. Extreme anxiety and depression. Son took his life at 21 and daughter attempted suicide 26 continues to live a tortured life of untreatable mental illness. See the research on Terbutaline and Associated risks for Neurodevelopment Disorders. Terbutaline destroyed our lives. Don't be naive be very careful of what you take during your pregnancy. I would have rather have lost my pregnancies than see my children suffer a life filled with such despair."

malvay (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Premature Labor: "I was given terbutaline for 10 days for premature labor it worked but made my hands shake so terribly I couldn't get food in my mouth. I say its ok side effects are strong though."

Little Dragonfly (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Bricanyl (terbutaline) for Asthma, acute: "Very effective bronchodilator. Does leave a bit of an unusual taste in the mouth after use. Recommend rinsing mouth afterward."

Anonymous January 25, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, acute: "I use terbutaline inhaler under the brand of Bricanyl Turbuhaler for asthma attacks and tight chests. I get slightly more side effects from terbutaline compared to salbutamol (albuterol) but it is also more effective. Because I only use terbutaline for acute attacks/short term relief, I don't mind the side effects - but if I was on it permanently as a maintenance drug I might have a different opinion. I would recommend terbutaline because it is effective but only use for acute attack."

Anonymous December 26, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Brethine (terbutaline) for Premature Labor: "It slowed down my contractions pretty fast, but when it wore off the pain would start again. The reason why I stopped taking it was because it gave me a massive headache, my sinus area was hurting so bad and my ears felt like they were going to pop, other than that good medication to control contractions"

Anonymous October 31, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Premature Labor: "It worked, but had all the side effects. It was worth it, still had her early but she stayed in long enough to be healthy."

caligirl1977 September 22, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Brethine (terbutaline) for Premature Labor: "It workswhile its in your system. Works fast...but it makes my hands shake bad. My heart raceses too. Hard to get use to, but slows the contractions to nothing."

Anonymous May 1, 2008