User Reviews for Copper

Birth Control 566 reviews 295 medications

7.7
Summary of Copper reviews 566 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Copper

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "Well this little guy did his job he kept me from getting pregnant so that's one pro....for the others I don't any other pros. had my IUD taken out it but it broke. I have a arm lodged into my side which I am having surgery in a couple days to have it removed hopefully! My periods were worse they lasted longer and not to mention the spotty period thru out the term I used this product! It hurt going in it hurt coming out! If I had to do over I wouldn't have gotten this or at least this type."

Jenr87 February 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control: "I've had my paraguard IUD almost 2 months and I am LOVING it! I was on hormonal BC for 10 years and was not loving what it was doing to my body so decided to switch. Was the insertion hard? Yes, but totally worth it in the end. I would definitely recommend taking a Pain killer before insertion and plan to take the day off work. Other than that, I had spotting for a few days the first week and then everything was back to normal. My period was a little heavier and crampier but nothing Advil couldn't handle."

NYCPA February 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I had my IUD inserted at the family clinic. It was the worst pain I've ever felt, I almost threw up. When the Dr measures your cervix, thats the worst sharp cramps. My Dr cut the strings inside of me and lost 1 of the cut strings. Its been 3 days and I'm still in a lot of pain. It feels like sharp, stabbing cramps. I hope this goes away soon, or I will have it removed."

Nicolet82 (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "On my second one! Total of 14 years with one. Whats not to love? Just have it placed and hormone free birth control for 10 years! Yes, 10 years without having to even think about pregnancy!"

SarahBL February 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control: "I got the IUD inserted today & it did not hurt. I felt a slight cramp, that's it! So far I have no bleeding & no pain."

Trancito February 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I got my paragard in May of 2014 and I love it! I don't remember much pain during the insertion process, but I did have a child 6 months prior to getting it. During the first 6 or so months, my periods were extremely heavy, to the point i was lightheaded for the first few days due to the extreme blood loss. I also had extremely bad cramping along with it; I never got cramps with my period before getting this. Because of this, I was at the point where I was about to get it removed, but I wanted to give it another month before doing so. I am glad I waited! Once my body got used to it, I was completely fine!! I haven't had any problems since then. I don't even know it's there anymore! I recommend it to anyone who can't take the pill."

GMarie02 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 14, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "So it's been 6 days since I had paraguard inserted and let me tell you I'm doing a helluva lot better then day 1. The insertion was a pain I'd never felt before and had me thinking it's been placed incorrectly. I had chosen to get the insertion 4 hours before I was due in for work but inevitably ended up calling out. I laid on that table for over an hour trying to get the room to stop spinning so I could make the drive back home. Once I could finally stand I went straight home and curled up with a heating pad, ibuprofen and a glass of wine. I spotted the next day which lead to me bleeding heavily for two days. The bleeding has now pretty much stopped. I was able to have sex with my partner with no worries or pain. So far so good (:"

No pain, no gain (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I had paragard inserted in July 2016. Iread reviews online & expected the worst. I took 3 aleve beforehand. During the procedure I had 3 intense cramps & it was done. I had a small amount of spotting that day, no cramping, felt fine the next day. My 1st period came with the paragard I had brown spotting a few day before it actually started, it was a little hard to tell when it actually started. Read online that many users had bloody masacres on their periods, mine was suprisingly light. few weeks later I noticed foul fishy odor, went to my ob & had BV (never had this before). The next month I got BV again was told it was normal. Flash forward Dec 16, I had horrible stabbing pains, had an ultrasound, was told my IUD was falling out, so they took it out & I was given plan b."

Emmanne1625 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I've been on paragard since Aug I've been on my period since I've only stopped a total of maybe 3 weeks out of 6 months horrible. What can I do helpppppppp"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 7, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "Hi guys! My sister had it for 3 years and took it out when she was ready to get preg.. Boom pregnant the next month. Here's my story.. I'm 28 and I just had my first wonderful baby girl. I have had a horrible experience with the pill, the patch and the depo shot which almost killed me and I hope no one ever gets it. So I like most people was a little bit frightened to go back on birth control. After having my daughter, I'm 4 months pp. I think honestly the anticipation was worse than anything lol. I took 800mg Ibuprofen (Drs orders) before the insertion which helped tremendously because all I felt was a slight discomfort and it was over. I had some spotting and cramping (heating pad I'm 4 days into it and No pain. Breastfeeding and no milk issues!"

Anasmommy (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control: "I've had my copper iud for 3 yrs & it's one of the best decisions I've ever made for my body! Took b.c pills for years & realized how unnatural it was.. Extra hormones and no period? No thx. As woman we should embrace our cycles! Our bodies are incredible... Let it flow! Copper naturally occurs in our bodies.. its affordable, effective and long term. All you have to endure is a few seconds of pain during insertion. Which is nothing compared to the pain of labour ;) Made my cycles longer (4-5 wks) and my periods short (3-4 days) It works amazing. And trust, I've had it well tested :p Every body is different. Make the right choice for you!!!"

Ananil February 6, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control: "I have mine for about six months now. I am breastfeeding my eight month old baby and so far, no period yet. Or cramping or spotting. The insertion was not painful, exactly like a pap smear but I do have 4 kids so that is expected with the uterus stretched out. No pregnancy scares so far either. So far, it is working exactly as it should. Birth control that works with minimal effort."

Poogled (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 4, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I wanted to love this so badly but it honestly was the worst choice of birth control for me. Since I had already tried the Mirena I was already aware of how painful the insertion was going to be so I was prepared. But every month around my period my cramps were even worse than the ones I got during insertion. It was always the first day. I had 10-12 day periods each cycle, but there wasn't a single period I had without some type of leak happening and I wound up having so much spotting I would occasionally have 2 periods a month. About a year into having it and it actually started making me physically ill. I would have unpredictable vomiting episodes that got especially worse if I hadn't eaten. I got it out, & immediately felt 100x's better"

ashleeeeeeee (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 3, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I started ParaGard about three months after giving birth to my second child. I had it removed 14 months later. Pros: 1) I didn't have to remember to take it. 2) Didn't change my mood or weight 3) Comforting that there weren't any unnecessary hormones in my body 4) It was effective in preventing pregnancy. Cons: 1) My periods lasted for THREE weeks on average (sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more). -I was told it will get back to normal, give it a few months -After it didn't, they refused to believe it was the IUD because it was copper/nonhormonal. 2) less sex with my husband because of the heaviness and length of my periods. -------- I had it removed and my periods were almost instantly back to normal (3-5 days)."

Hope this helps (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 3, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I was really worried based on some of the reviews but my Dr assured me I was a good candidate for it. So I got the Paragard today and the process was very quick with zero pain ( recently gave birth though) due to my Dr using ultrasound to make sure he placed it correctly. So far only experienced light spotting with no cramping. Only took less than a minute to place it. Right now I will give it a 10 based on experience today. So far, I feel completely normal and it's been about 10 hrs since I had it placed, but if anything changes I will be back with an update."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control: "I got mine inserted 3 weeks ago as I will never take any form of hormones again! I'm 25, no kids and paid $120 extra to get sedated. I think most women don't know this could be an option. After reading many experiences of pain and finding Pap smears extremely uncomfortable, I decided to get sedated. Best decision! It only took around 20 mins and I had to stay 1 hour after and have someone drive me home. I had mild cramps for 2 hours after and light spotting for a few days. Everything is back to Normal now so I'm waiting to see how my periods go. I'll check back in.."

Anonymous10373 February 2, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "Just got the paraguard inserted a 2 days. Most horrendous pain I've ever gone through. Didn't even have so much as a pap before that. Doc was not gentle at all. She used too big of a speculum and had to swap for a smaller one which made me start bleeding immediately. I haven't had any babies. I'd definitely say the pain is worth it in the end. I do have faith in this method. I did bleed a lot during the procedure and have been bleeding lightly since. I am still cramping. Which is currently fluctuating between mild, moderate, and excruciating depending. Fiancé bought me a heating pad that I warm up in the microwave which is soothing. Sitting with my legs up is helping and warm showers. I'm excited to not have to worry about pills."

Aly818 January 30, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I came to talk about the insertion, which happened about a week ago. I got myself all scared beforehand watching reaction videos but it was totally fine. The doctor prescribed to me some xanax beforehand so I was more relaxed but it didn't hurt at all. It was a little uncomfortable but I actually laughed at the cramping because it didn't hurt. It kinda felt cool. Don't be afraid!"

Sssssssophie January 30, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "Don't be afraid! It was extremely painful for me, emotionally and physically, but I trusted my doctor, and it made the whole procedure so much easier. I got my IUD in at 10am and was in bed the rest of the day with the most excruciating cramps for about 24 hours following. I faithfully applied a heating pad and doterra's deep blue muscle relaxing cream and felt like a new person the following day! I even exercised pain free. For those of you considering getting an IUD I highly recommend going to a doctor with a record of inserting IUD'S. Avoid planned parenthood if you can, and make sure you're on your period when you get it inserted. Good luck ladies! Power to the vagina."

Kate331 January 27, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I'm in my 40s and have had this for 5 years and I absolutely love it. The insertion, while not painful, made me nauseous to the point where I almost passed out when I stood up. My doctor (a man) told me nothing about what to expect with insertion. You should take a motrin before the procedure. That being said, it's been effective and completely problem free. I wish I'd known about this years ago. Only about 9% of women in the US use this method, whereas in Europe it's about 31% and in China 40%. Doctors need to be telling their patients about this option. I didn't know about it! The pill absolutely killed my sex drive, as it did with my sister. My sister's now gotten one and we've both been very happy. Lasts 10+ years or until removal."

Khot777 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 26, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I got my ParaGard IUD 6 months ago and I love it!. Yes there is still occasionally spotting and my period is a little heavier than it used to be, but I won't have to worry about pregnancy for the next 10-12 years. If I want to become pregnant during that time it is only a matter of a doctors appointment and a little tug then BOOM pregnancy is possible. The insertion did hurt a lot. Like severe cramping for a few seconds and then a bit more cramping for the next day or so. After that I have lighter cramps for a few weeks, but it was completely worth it to not have to worry about hormones (which my body hates) or unexpected pregnancy. The only reason this review is a 9/10 is because my period is heavier and cramping is a more than before."

6 Months In January 21, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "INSERTION DID not hurt at all!!! I had the best experience. Ladies, please ask your doctor about Cytotec (misoprostol). My doctor prescribed it to me so I could take it (by mouth) the night before the procedure and it is supposed to help with opening up the uterus so that during the actual procedure the doctor won't have to dilate your uterus as much. The only "uncomfortable" part about it was when she disinfected it. It was like a slight burning sensation that lasted 3 secs. Then when she actually inserted the IUD I felt a slight pressure. Felt like a bad cramp that lasted like 8 secs. I also took a 400 mg 30 minutes before. Afterwards I felt a little cramping but nothing terrible. I highly recommend this! Don't psych yourself out. :-)!"

jai1018 (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I've had paragard for just over a month. I felt compelled to write a review because I feel like people only review things when they have a bad experience and there aren't enough good reviews out there. I read horror stories about the insertion. But to my relief, it barely hurt. The most painful part was the speculum being removed. I did not have any cramping after and I went to the gym the next morning. The first 2 weeks were great. No side effects at all. About 10 days before my period I got cramps on and off and a little spotting. When my period finally started I was expecting the worst, based on the horror stories. Day 1 was pretty heavy but after that it was lighter than usual and only lasted 5 days. I love my paragard so far!"

D Ruth (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 18, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I just got mine in today and came to talk about the insertion process. A lot of the internet says it hurts so badly, but I didn't have any issues - it barely hurt at all. Ask your doctors about Misaprostal - I have never had children but that medication made it to where my uterus didn't have to be dilated, not to mention the less pain I experienced! It felt less bad than a stomach cramp, and a LOT less bad than a muscle cramp. Don't be afraid!"

Ash1234 January 14, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "Had ParaGard inserted in May of 2016 and so far loving it!! Procedure was uncomfortable but not painful. Did have my period but didn't take anything beforehand. Didn't even know you could take something to soften your cervix! No cramping after. First two periods were intense to say the least. Very heavy bleeding but you know that will happen. My period always had 1-2 heavy days. Some spotting between periods. After the 3 month mark periods were better but the IUD did increase my period from 4 days to 7 days. But only about 3 of those days are medium to heavy. Would definitely recommend!!!"

Mom2girls96 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 13, 2017