User Reviews for Copper topical

6.6

1,137 reviews 314 medications
Summary of Copper reviews 6.6 1,137 reviews

Reviews for Copper

For Birth Control: "Hormonal birth control really messes with my mental health and a copper IUD was my best option for a longer term birth control without the side effects of hormones. I have had it inserted for a month now and so far things are great. I had bleeding for a week after insertion and some cramping but nothing too bad. I naturally have very heavy periods with horrible cramps so my doctor was concerned that the copper IUD would cause even heavier bleeding and worsening cramps but it was a risk I was willing to take. I’m very please to say that I am on day 2 of my first period with the IUD and I have ZERO cramps and my bleeding is lighter. I don’t know how uncommon this is but I’m pleasantly surprised. Sex with the IUD is better for me! I have zero worries about becoming pregnant. I don’t have to worry about missing a pill or anything which is wonderful and makes sex so much better for both me and my husband. It cost me $70 which works out to less than $0.60 a month."

MamaK (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I had the Paragard IUD inserted 8 weeks after having my twins. It sounded great to have a long lasting birth control with no hormones. Well, about 3 days after having it inserted I started having severe pain. After only a week and a half, an x ray showed it perforated my uterus and was in my abdomen. Now I am recovering from the surgery to get it removed, while trying to take care of my 2 month old twins. I will be going back to the pill."

Shay (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "DO NOT RECOMMEND. I just removed Paragard after 2 years of having it. In the beginning everything seemed to be fine, apart from heavy bleeding which I was prepared for. Most of the days of my period I had to have a tampon and a pad in order to stop the bleeding. In the past year I had reoccurring yeast infections almost every month. I tried changing my diet, taking probiotics, without any change. However the real problem was of the mental kind, over the years my mood swings and depression got much worse, with episodes of intense anger, anxiety and sadness days before my period. It all culminated with last month when I felt deeply depressed and suicidal for no apparent reason– I finally decided to have the IUD removed. The removal was terrifying, because the obgyn couldn't find the device, so she had to use the ultrasound and apply 3 anesthetic injections my cervix during the removal. I'm so happy that I did it, I feel so much better and calmer now."

Anna December 9, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I just got the paragard inserted on 12/4/18 while still on depo provera. My next shot would have been due on 1/5/19 but I am not getting it due to having the IUD inserted. I was also on a period while I got it inserted. So far everything is good, cramping after the insertion was really bad took 1,000 mg of ibuprofen but the next day it wasn't bad only took 800 mg of ibuprofen in the morning that day and the following day. Now on the third day there's barely anything besides slight bleeding. I chose this because this specific IUD because I was tired of having a low sex drive, depressed mood, weight gain, and hair falling out on the depo provera. I got three shots and gained 10 pounds!!! I plan to keep the paragard until 12/2028 which is when I am supposed to get it removed."

goodvibrations222 (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "The side effects are not worth it. I have had this for a little over a year and I regret ever getting it. Have an appointment to get it removed and i cannot wait."

Headacheforweeks December 6, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I got the IUD in May 2015 and just had it taken out (Nov 2018) due to a complication. Insertion wasn't bad at all, just a little pinch and that was it. I went to lunch after! For the first 3 years it was great. Heavier periods and more cramping, but no moody changes/depression/weight gain - so I would say the pros far outweigh the cons. I never had bad periods anyways, so the heavier version of what I had wasn't bad. The issue for me came when I lost 40 lbs in 2 months, due to other personal issues. Losing that much weight that quickly caused the paragard to shift and sit too low, which caused awful periods and terrible cramping - my body was trying to expel it since it was no longer correctly placed. I ended up having to get it out and got skyla in today (which was 6/10 pain scale insertion for me - where I would say Paragard was 3/10), just thought I would try something new and see how it goes! Paragard was great though - loved that it was hormone free and lasted 10 years. Hope this helps!"

jslcgirl December 6, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I had severe pain, heavy bleeding and clotting for the entire time. After removing the device, I had a hysterectomy within six months."

Sorrow December 5, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I became pregnant with the Paragard. Had it removed and miscarried. Use backup contraception during fertile days. Better yet, avoid at all costs."

22adk (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 5, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "8 years later I'm pregnant with the Paragard still in. For the first three months I thought I was dying. The pain got so bad that I was spending more time in the ER than at home! I'm happy my daughter is ok but I feel so robbed. I didn't even have an option for an abortion. I have really mixed feelings. No my paragard was not damaged. It was placed correctly. I had 6 neg pregnancy tests but a positive ultrasound. No I would not recommend this. Hospital visits start adding up after a while. I'm 25 weeks pregnant as I type. Talk about bad luck. Smh"

Cinderella (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 3, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I decided to get Paragard in September 2018 because hormonal birth control causes me to have severe anxiety. The insertion was a lot easier than I thought. It felt like a very intense period cramp for 5 full seconds. My doctor, thankfully, was very fast and kind. My cramping that night got worse, and I was bed ridden for the next two days. It slowly got better, and after a week I forgot I even had it, even during sex. My periods have intensified, even though it is non-hormonal. My breasts get more sore, my periods last a week, and the cramping starts a week before my period until about day 3. The first period was terrible, but Tylenol with IBP and a heating pad will help with the pain. The second period was less debilitating, but still tear-jerking. I am now on month 3 of having Paragard, and my cramps are already so much more tolerable. So far, everything has been worth not worrying about pregnancy. My partner can sometimes feel my strings but it’s never painful for him."

OGL November 29, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I can only comment on insertion at this point. I am 37 years old and have had 2 csections. I didn’t feel her inserting it at all. I will come back and review in a few months."

Jendub (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "Had Paragard for three days. Insertion was fine-cramped for about 10 seconds then no issues. Insertion was around lunch time. By dinner time, mild cramps; by day two, severe cramps. I'm taking the maximum of Aleve and Advil by 2pm kind of cramps- and it didn’t even touch the pain. Day 3 I considered going to the ER to have it removed but couldn’t even sit to drive there. It literally removed itself from my body. I am a very tiny person so I don’t know if that was a factor. It was horrible. I was out of work for days."

Jay10 (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2018

For Birth Control: "Didn’t work for me. I thought I would be with the lucky people that have no complaints. Since the percentage of it going wrong is 3% or less. I ended up getting BV on monthly basis right after my period which now lasts 7-8 days. First period was excruciating, every month improved slightly. Unfortunately my body rejected this device. Last month the copper was protruding out my cervix I plopped it back in. This month it was literally 70% out. Not worth it. All the doctor visits and antibiotics for BV costs way more than the convenience it initially promised."

Nope (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 19, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I had my copper iud (Paragard) in from June 5th 2012 to April 18th 2018. After suffering continuous urinary tract infections from August’s 2012 I decided to get it removed. Not changing any other aspect of my life besides the removal, I can say I haven’t had not one UTI since April 2018. I suffered from many health problems that have diminished since the removal of the IUD. The IUD did keep me from getting pregnant and, sadly continuous to do so even after removal."

Tvel (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 18, 2018

For Birth Control: "I'm 32 and about to get another one. No kids, none planned. Love not having hormones in my birth control. Don't try hormones: get this first."

LadyPerson (taken for 10 years or more) November 13, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "Overall, I love paragard! It’s so nice not to have to worry about anything. Once it’s in, you don’t have to worry about pregnancy, taking a pill, getting a shot, etc. It also lasts 10 years. My partner never expressed any discomfort with it either. He said he feels it sometimes, but it’s not uncomfortable. However, I experienced pain when I got it in and now my periods are very heavy with typically more cramping and breast tenderness. I still love it though. It’s also hormone free."

Amanda (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 13, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I got it 6 years ago, in that time I have been losing my hair (I use to have a long braid ) I have gained 65 pounds that I can't loose, fatigue, sweating constantly, 2 or 3 periods a month that feel like I'm in labor like for real contractions. I'm going in to get it removed"

Bolding overweight middle aged (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 9, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I had used so many other birth controls before this one. The depo shot made me incredibly irritable and gain a lot of weight, nexplanon made me bleed like crazy and so did the Skyla. So I chose Paraguard because it was non hormonal. Ever since, regular periods, no weight gain, no mood change, and happier than ever. Plus it lasts 10 years. I’m so glad I finally found something that works for me. Only thing I noticed was that my cramps were a little worse. Not the intensity necessarily, just the frequency."

KEM (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 5, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I've had the ParaGard in for almost 6 months and wow I love it. The insertion wasn't too bad, as I had it done on my heaviest day of my period when I was "opened up" a bit more. It almost felt like a heavy bowel movement come back inside. There was a bit of pain for 10 seconds and it subsided. I'm now on month 5 and I've never had any spotting at all. The cramps and the flow of my period have gotten stronger, but not to the point of where it's unbearable. When it comes to intercourse my boyfriend can at times feel the tip of the string, but it's never been uncomfortable. I'd really recommend this if you're looking for an IUD but don't want to deal with the hormones."

Sal (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 4, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "My experience with the paragard is not good. I'm getting it removed as soon as possible. I've had severe pain and constant headaches since I got it. My symptoms got so severe I ended up in the ER and the doctor didn't believe me, he said no way my symptoms were from the paragard IUD. I went home and started looking into it and I came to find out there are many other women who have had a similar experience. It seems it either works great or terribly. I just wish more doctors were aware of the possible side effects. I will hopefully get it removed tomorrow, as I cannot take this much longer."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I absolutely have no negative review about Paragard. I am 23 years old and have been on hormonal birth control (tri sprintec) since I was 13 up until 22, when I decided to get the Mirena IUD. Because I was sick of taking a pill everyday and sore boobs I decided to try an IUD. I hated the Mirena. Made me absolutely crazy and I had a nasty brown rusty discharge for the 3 months I had it. So got the Mirena out- then went back to tri sprintec for a couple months and decided I wanted to be off of hormones, so I gave the Paragard a try. I absolutely love it. Duh the insertion is the worst, I honestly think it’s bigger than Mirena too, but it’s literally 30 seconds so suck it up. Instead of bleeding a lot like everyone says you have, I have even had shorter periods than I’ve had in the past. They only last 4 days as opposed to a week. I also haven’t had any negative side effects such as cramps, or copper odor. I absolutely love mine."

kaitsies October 31, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "The insertion was more anxiety than anything. I didn’t find it painful, just a bit of pressure. Periods have become very very heavy and pretty painful, but it’s purpose of birth control, ease of use and out of sight out of mind type birth control is unbeatable. Also, I switched to this method because hormones did not agree with me and I couldn’t be happier. The positives outweigh the negatives. I’ve had it for almost 2 years."

Mm (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 30, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "My experience with Paragard has been great. I had it inserted about 9 months ago, 6 weeks after giving birth to my first child. I felt no pain whatsoever (my cervix was still soft from giving birth & I took a prescription-strength ibuprofen an hour before insertion). I had cramps that day and bled heavily for about a week. Since then my periods have been very heavy, which has been my only negative side effect. I never used to need more than regular tampons, but now I use pads because I bleed through super tampons so quickly. I have cramps for the first couple days of my period, but they aren't very painful (actually less painful than they were before I had it inserted - one of the benefits of having a baby) I never feel any pain or discomfort during sex & my partner never complains about being able to feel the string. Don't let all of the negative reviews scare you. If you do your research and know what to expect, it can be a really great option."

Violet (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 25, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT. I had the Paragard for 2.5 years. During that time I developed severe anxiety, lower back pain, and iron deficiency anemia from the loss of blood during my period. I had a hair tissue mineral analysis which shows that I have toxic levels of copper in my system. I have also developed IBS type symptoms. Now I am trying the long process of detoxing the copper out of my body. Since removal 2 months ago I have lost 15 pounds (back to my normal weight) and my mood has stabilized."

Erica October 24, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I’ve been on hormonal birth control since I was 12 to help control endometriosis and then to prevent pregnancy after I had surgery to fix it. After I had my son at 29 (planned), I knew I didn’t want to go back to pills (emotional, remembering to take them is a pain, etc), so I got Paragard - IT ROCKED!! Unfortunately, 2 years in, I just had severe pain, so I went in and doctor found it slipped and my body was rejecting it, so she had to remove it and now I’m going back on pills (such a bummer). I strongly recommend this IUD, it was hormone free and GREAT!!"

Furex (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 22, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...