User Reviews for Copper

Birth Control 813 reviews 300 medications

7.2
Summary of Copper reviews 813 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Copper

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "Everyone makes the paragard out to be some big bad monster. The ONLY negative thing about getting off the pill and onto the paragard for me was I've had a little bit of acne since I'm not on hormones anymore. It felt like a pinch when I got it inserted. I had moderate cramps for two days and that's it, and it didn't make my period heavier AT ALL. It really isn't that bad! The only worry I had was that there were 43 days between my first and second period on paragard."

Annie SG (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I got Paragard for a more effective, long lasting birth control. I didn't want to worry about missing a pill when I was taking birth control. I had Paragard placed June 16, 2017, and today, September 19, 2017, I found out I'm 5 weeks pregnant with my first pregnancy. I'm 22 and haven't planned on having kids for years--hence a birth control that's *supposed* to be effective for 10 years. Yet Paragard failed me after less than three months. Needless to say, I do not recommend it to anyone."

Austillini (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control: "I just got mine inserted earlier today so I can't really comment on it's effectiveness but so far my complaints are very minimal. The procedure it self did suck pretty bad but it only took a total of 4 minutes so it was tolerable. I've been cramping moderately off and on all afternoon and I've only felt like laying in bed watching netflix but to me a little while of uncomfortable tolerable pain is well worth it for 10 years of pregnancy prevention."

Anonymous September 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I am so annoyed that I ever got this little evil thing put in. I'm going to get it removed today. I've had horrible anxiety, depression, throwing up, not being able to get out of bed. I will NEVER get an IUD again. I want to feel like myself again!!"

Pissed off and done! September 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "1 is the lowest score option, but the ParaGard actually deserves a negative rating. It did it's job for birth control, but wreaked havoc on me both physically and mentally. Unfortunately, I didn't make the connection between my ailments (extreme fatigue, anxiety, depression, digestive problems, just to name a few) and the IUD until many years after insertion. After spending a fortune on doctors, tests, etc to find out what was wrong, I still had no answers, except to be put on a variety of medications to treat symptoms. I did some research and finally made the connection-copper toxicity from the ParaGard IUD. Years of my life had been sucked away from me and my family that I can never get back. Symptoms still persist a year post removal."

IM4MCC (taken for 10 years or more) September 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "The Paraguad was a nightmare! I wish someone told me of copper toxicity! I had the Paraguad in for 2 years after having my youngest son. I broke out with bad cystic acne all over my face. I bled every time I had sexual intercourse. I would cramp during my period and I never cramp before the IUD. Also I would beep going through a metal detector in the federal building when I never beeped prior to getting the Paraguard! Such a relief getting it removed. My face cleared but I now have the scars on my face to remind me of the torture I was putting my body through just using that."

Lovely619 September 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I've had paragard for over 14 months now. 26 years old, never been pregnant, but have major mental health issues which didn't sit well with the pill or depo. Was excited to get paragard because of hormone-free, long-term protection. (My boyfriend and I do not want children.) Insertion was EXTREMELY painful (I have a pretty high pain tolerance) and needed muscle relaxers and naproxen for the next month. Cramps are worse than I have EVER experienced in my life and bleeding is heavy (and I mean heavy!) and constant. I spot and cramp literally all month long. I am constantly nauseous and exhausted. It's sometimes hard to get out of bed (or wake up) at all. Was fired from my job due nausea and fatigue affecting quality of work and being on time in AM."

Lchentr (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "The paragard has worked perfectly for me. I think much of the frustration I read about is the natural discomfort the body goes through adjusting to a foreign object. In some cases people's bodies reject it which seems like a pretty natural side effect to me. I had pain the first few weeks after insertion and ibuprofen worked wonders during that time. I also experienced bad menstrual cramps the first 3 periods after insertion, my flow was heavier at first but mellowed out with time. I used to be on a 5 week cycle and now I'm on a 4 week one. I love my IUD I've had unprotected sex with long term partner and never had to worry. I still wear condoms with new sexual encounters because STDs are a real thing. But my IUD has been great for 3 years!"

Ace1992 September 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "Ok guys, sure, having something forcibly shoved into my cervix was literally the worst pain I've ever been in, but guess what, now that it's there and the initial shock is over, my periods are only slightly heavier/crampier and I don't have to worry about getting pregnant for the next 12 YEARS that's amazing. No surprises for me. #worthit just plan on taking a couple days off after having it inserted."

ELADY September 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I have had the Paragard for about two months now. A month before my wedding I had the Paragard inserted and thought my none hormonal birth control worries were over. My goodness, was I wrong. The procedure was painful, I was bent over in pain for the next few days. I got my period on my honeymoon. I am a very active person. My period is usually very light. 4-5 days, no cramps and done! Not with the Paragard. I was on the floor of the shower in so much pain. It felt like my insides were being ripped apart. I had to constantly take pain meds. I had to use a heating pad constantly! I bleed SO much. I was literally gushing blood! On top of all this I am newly married and have ABSOLUTELY no sex drive. Its horrible. I hate the Paragard."

Anonymous September 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I had the paraguard for 1 year and 10 days it was still fully in place and I was pregnant."

Morgan barefoot (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I had Paragard in for ten months, couldn't leave house during menstruation because bleeding was so bad. I also know a few times the egg became fertalized creating a pregnancy and this devise aborted it. Terrible. Also, hair started falling out in clumps after insertion. Had it removed now no period and NOT pregnant. Foreign objects in body not good. Don't get this!!!!!!"

CSHint (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "Destroyed my life! Worst decision ever! Had it less than 2 years and it wreaked havoc on my body & mind! Aged me 15 years, copper toxicity, over half my hair fell out, thought I was dying of cancer. Caused extreme anger, anxiety, depression, irrational fears & personality change. Sadly, I've seen many others with similar stories. Beware!"

Melsthrifty September 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I would give this a minus rating (-100). I compare my experience with the paragard to a medieval torture device , it bought me to my knees no women deserves the horrors of the paragard , yes I may be in the minority for those of us that find it can cause copper toxicity. I wish I had been informed of this because it truly is horrendous how it randomly picks it victims. This device truly has the power to completely shatter your world and make you loose your smile . please avoid"

annoymous2017 September 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "Got the Paragard inserted 2.5 years ago (8 weeks after a vaginal birth). My experience has been relatively positive. Chose this IUD due to zero hormones because I was breastfeeding & I don't want to deal with hormonal bc. My only upset is a super heavy flow for the first 2 days like clockwork every month. That's 2 days having to change my pad/tampon every 2 hours or less & 4-5 more days of very light bleeding/spotting. The first few months I had severe cramping about a week before I got my period, but that's no longer an issue. Today I went to my dr to talk about other options for heavy flow bc at this point it's a nuisance. She prescribed me a pill to make my periods much lighter MEFENAMIC ACID so we'll see how it goes."

happymomof1 September 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I had it in for 5 years. Ok at first. Gradually started having VERY heavy periods, constant bacterial vaginitis, and after about 3 years was no longer able to feel strings. My ob assured me that was not so abnormal. I also began having anxiety, panic attacks, hair loss, and decided to have it out. Two attempts in the office were unable to remove it. It has embedded into my uterine wall. I had same day surgery to have it removed. Within 6 months anxiety, panic were resolved and hair loss levelled out. No more heavy periods or BV."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "To be honest I had Paragard in under 4 months and had horrible experiences. Severe stomach cramps which felt like labour pains hair loss, severe depression which lead me to self harm and over dose. Mood swings were very bad to the extent I was lashing out and getting arrested very heavy bleeding where it was going through my clothing and suffered many migraines. After having the paraguard removed it's taken over 6 months to get where I am now which is am in more control with my moods the bleeding is back to light no more cramps and my hair is now back to long and thick. My depression is now controllable."

Natkins (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "Inserted in 06. Removed in 16. Opted for this as the hormones triggered headaches. Shortly after insertion hair breakage. Severe PMS. Migraines. Kept being told it's because I'm stressed. I'm getting older etc. nobody ever suspected the IUD. Migraines became progressively worse over the year yet nobody ever suggested the Paraguard was to blame. 15 days a month of migraine. Tried every single drug, remedy, alternative health paths. Nothing worked. Had hair test done a month after IUD removal to confirm hidden cooper toxicity. Severe PMS went away quickly after removal. The migraine copper detox is a long dedicated life alerting progress. 9 months post removal in seeing progress. Never ever would I recommend this to anyone."

Jacquieeee (taken for 10 years or more) September 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "Would give a negative rating if it was available! Made me sick for almost two years and would not recommend to anyone. Causes copper toxicity in some people! Do your research and just because it doesn't hormones, doesn't make it a better choice (that's what I thought)! Little did I know it was poisoning my body!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "Beginning about 1 hour after insertion, I felt the most pain I have ever experienced in my life. Vomited from shooting pain all throughout body. Beginning about 3 months after insertion, developed a yeast infection that, 6 months later, has never fully gone away. I am nauseous almost every day and my periods are debilitatingly painful."

Haley_1 September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "This was the worst decision of my life. I have been dieting and exercising, cut over 1000 calories a day and gained weight. Paragard may not contain hormones but it creates an inflammatory response that leads to water retention, inability to lose weight, and mood swings. My fingers are so swollen I can't get my rings off, and I bleed and spot 3 weeks out of the month. I am miserable and have an appointment for removal in a week!"

Kristabella September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I ended up in the ER for serious pains after vomiting for over 24 hours, feeling like a case of severe food poisoning. I realized my lower abdomen was swollen and warm to the touch. When I pushed on it, I felt a sharp pain in my uterus. Doctors took an ultrasound and couldn't locate it at first because it had moved from the original position, perforating my uterus. They were able to surgically remove it, thankfully. I would not recommend anyone get one."

Natalia111 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control: "I had my Copper IUD inserted a few months ago. Over the course of the next few months I noticed symptoms such as lack of motivation, feeling tired, and the right side of my head feeling sore as if my brain felt agitated or that my vessels felt inflamed. I had a bit of depression and my anxiety was really bad. My periods were very heavy and unpleasant, I had constant spotting as well. My mood felt different as well, I felt more irritable and more impatient. I decided to have it out today and I immediately felt a lift in my mood and the weird sensation in my head settled. It felt like a relief in my womb , as if the coil was irritating my ovaries or something. My body definitely did not like having a foreign body in my reproductive region."

Bluediamond27 September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "Pros: effective, worry free birth control that I didn't have to think about from month to month. Having non-hormonal birth control is very important to me. Cons: Everyone's body is different, some people love this birth control. My experience, for the entire year I had it was miserable. Horrible, consistent cramps for the first three months. I had to call out of work a few times because I could barely stand. Once that subsided, my monthly cramps were miserable. My cycle(which was never too much trouble in the past) was a week of crazy hormones, followed by a week of bleeding and cramps that would keep me up at night, and then a week of cramps post bleeding. I literally had a week of feeling normal. Also, extreme fatigue. I was miserable."

Jaysssssss September 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I had paragard put in 6 months after giving birth to my daughter that I conceived while on the pill. After being reassured many times that paragard was the best non hormonal option available, I had it placed in March 2014. Well here I am today, September 2017, recovering from surgery. I apparently got pregnant with the IUD still in place and miscarried 2 weeks ago. I just recently had a D&C performed and also a hysteroscopy to remove the IUD which become embedded in my cervix. Not sure how I was able to get pregnant and neither are the makers of paragard themselves. I have been in contact with the pharmaceutical reps and my story is a common occurrence to them. Save yourself the heartache, don't get one."

Haileyps (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 4, 2017