User Reviews for Copper

6.6

1,103 reviews 314 medications
Summary of Copper reviews 6.6 1,103 reviews

Reviews for Copper

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I have never had children. Prior to the Paragard, I had the Skyla IUD, which did not work for me. I have had the Paragard for two months and am enjoying it! I make sure to take my multivitamins with iron to prevent anemia. My periods were slightly heavier, which were totally manageable with the help of OB tampons. I had heavy bleeding for 4 days and 2 days of barely existent bleeding ( I had 10 days of bleeding with the skyla, and 5-6 days is the normal duration of my period). I have not had any pain with this IUD other than right after the insertion. I love not feeling hormonal changes. I also did not feel breast tenderness prior to my period (?not sure if it's related). It's a good decision, I think! I also have not gained any weight, and actually lost 2 lbs. No bloating either!"

shoobydoop728 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 8, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I had an IUD placed back in 2009 since I knew I did not want to get pregnant until I had finished college and was married. Well, life happened and I end up losing my brother early in life and going through an extended grieving period. I am now 36 and ready to make babies so I went to have the ParaGard removed and a piece of the IUD was missing when it was taken out. The removal was not painful so I am thinking that it broke some time ago and I didn't know. I have been dealing with fatigue, anxiety and depression and am now wondering it if was related to the copper all along. I have had two trans-vaginal ultra sounds, an X-ray and a hysteroscope performed with non results. That little piece of plastic is still embedded in my body and I am not sure what it will take at this point to get it out. DO NOT GET THIS IUD if you want to have children and/or avoid future surgery."

WorriedParaGardSick (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 4, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I had an IUD for 6 years. My periods became very heavy and long. The IUD moved causing it to go to a ten day period. My Dr then attempted to remove it and found that an arm had broken off somewhere at some point. They are now charging me for the surgery to find it. I do NOT recommend this product."

Jennifer October 1, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "A positive review! I have never had a child. I was on BCPs for 20 years and intended to get the Mirena implant thinking the transition would be easier even though I was interested in being completely hormone free. I missed a pill before I went in for the procedure and was told I either had to wait, or I could get Paragard because it functions as emergency contraception. I went for it and I have been completely satisfied with Paragard. I bled minimally at the time of insertion, once a day later, and since then it has been business as usual. I have very minor monthly cramping just like I did before I took BCPs. I still only shed for 3 days and don't even need menstrual products at night. In fact, I had weird spotting for years on the pills and that has entirely disappeared since getting this IUD a year and a half ago. I have never had many concerns with my reproductive health so maybe these things make me a better candidate but I hope this helps someone with their decision."

Auggie (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 30, 2018

For Birth Control: "On the first month of insertion. I was in the greatest amount of pain I have ever experienced and I was not happy about my decision to get this but... Ever since I was 11, I've had severe menstrual pain. This pain would be at a 9/10 on day 1 of my period. On the second day, 6/10 and so on for about 5 days. The first month on Paraguard was like being on day 1 of my period non-stop. On some days, even worse. The bleeding was heavy and never-ending for 30 days. At times I had to crawl on the floor due to not being able to walk with the knife-like pain in my abdomen. After the first month, the pain subsided 100%. While I have heard of women having heavier & more painful periods on this IUD, my regular period (although longer and heavier) is now rated for pain at 1/10 or (at most) 2/10 pain on all days. I no longer fear the first day of my menstrual cycle!! Lasts 12 years, never worry about taking pills, never worry about hormones, and my menstrual pain is gone."

Sooki September 30, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I been on paragard for 3 months now and it’s been great so far! My periods are always on time they last about 5 - 7 days no more then that and I have no cramps nor mood swings . No depression the only thing I have notice is I get a pimple here and there with this birth control but nothing major. And since I do bleed a lot during my period I take iron pills while I’m on my periods ( just a word of advice )"

Lovemybabies (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I have used ParaGard for 3 years now and I really enjoy my life without hormones in my birth control. I wish I knew to take some painkillers before I installed Paragard as it would've helped with the cramps. Pros: -You never have to remember to take your birth control or worry about missing your pill. -Your period is regulated due to the fact you're not consuming additional hormones. -It's extremely effective. -You don't get any of those hormone-induced side effects; Such is the case when you use other hormonal birth control methods. -You don't have to worry about replacing it for 10-12 years. -You can start having children as soon as it is removed. Cons: -Heavy cramping for the first several months. (I had heavy cramps for about 6 months.) -Discomfort during sex. (The discomfort vanished after a few months) -Does not protect against STDs, but then again, a lot of other methods don't."

Mama September 28, 2018

For Birth Control: "I've had the paraguard for 8 years now, I got it after the birth of my daughter whose now 8 years old. I've experienced the heaviest cycles I've ever had in my life even after the 14 days are up I'm constantly breakthrough bleeding having severe cramps, bad mood swings, I hate everything about this and don't recommend it to no one"

KJ (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 28, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "Paraguard has given myself and other women copper poisoning and the health care system did not care. From the research I have done online, the methods used to test if paraguard causes copper toxicity are not accurate. Heavy metals are stored in tissues of my organs, not in my bloodstream. Yet, from what I read, the only available studies on copper toxicity of IUD’s tested copper levels in the subjects’ blood I am experiencing feelings of just wanting these products to be adequately researched and tested! (My comment can only include my own experiences)"

Guinea September 28, 2018

For Birth Control: "The worst thing happened to me! I should listened to my body. I'm in a severe pain all the time! And I'm tired of it. So I asked the clinic to removed it! They asked me to try the hormonal and I said straight no! It was my worst nightmare."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2018

For Birth Control: "I LOVE the copper IUD. Truly a miracle for me. I am in no way being paid or getting anything out of writing this review obviously. I just know from experience that unsatisfied customers are usually a very small percentage that speaks the loudest. Happy customers rarely leave reviews. Anyway, I've had mine for about half a year now. At first, it made my period really heavy for the first day of two. It also lasted longer. After just a few months, my period got lighter and went back to its normal flow. This month, my period is even lighter than it was before I started any type of birth control & I had absolutely no cramps. I haven't had any real problems with cramps, there was only one time that they were slightly uncomfortable. I absolutely love that the copper IUD has no hormones or weird chemicals. I try to keep to eating only organic foods because of how toxic and drug-minded our society is today and this IUD is perfect in that regard."

Alexis September 27, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I am 34yrs old. I'm actually on my last 6 months of the 10 years you can use it for. I will not recommend this to you if you not a person that enjoy going to the doctor every 2 months for BV, acne, gain weight, mix emotions, bad cramps, heavy bleeding, unexpected bleeding, if you very fertile (go ahead). I am getting it taken out and getting my tubes tied"

Frfr September 26, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I know we all have individual experiences with Paragard and I’m sorry for those women that it did not worked for you. As we all looked for what we think is the best for our body. I was nervous when I finally had it inserted and had heavy period for the first 4-6 months that it got my mom scared. To the point she begged me to have it removed. But I stood my ground and gave it the benefit of the doubt that this is the right contraceptive for me. And it is the right one! I have it for 8 years now and of course I have one day of heavy cramps for a day or two every cycle. But immodium believed me actually helped big time! I will finally be removing it next year as we are going to try for another baby. I will still get Paragard after I gave birth again."

Angel September 25, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I've had the Paragard in for just over 3 months and it's been a nightmare the entire time. At first, I had serious cramping issues, which is to be somewhat expected. But then it went downhill fast. My first period was the longest, heaviest period I've ever had and I had serious period issues before. This was so much worse. Then came the yeast infection, which when treated resulted in BV. Then, even after taking a probiotic while treating the BV, another yeast infection...then another round of BV. This has been going on for two months now. On top of that, I've had brown discharge the entire time. The gyno said that was normal for the first month or so, but I've had it for 3 months. It's gross, especially combined with the other issues. Needless to say, sex has not been happening so I guess it's been a really effective method of birth control. I'm finally getting it removed and replaced with Mirena (which I didn't have a problem with) next week."

Roxyrox (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I’ve had it for about 3 months now and got it because hormonal birth control did not work for me. It made me extremely moody and depressed. I would gain 10-20 pounds and was constantly hungry. Finally decided to try this even though I was skeptical about the poor reviews. My period lasts about a week with heavier periods and definitely more cramps than I had but nothing unbearable. In my opinion no birth control is going to have no side effects so it is worth it to me. I do have slightly more acne than normal but I think it’s due to the lack of hormones my body is used to from pills. It’s been the best birth control for my body so far!"

T (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I got my first Paragard about 14 months ago. It was an easy choice because of reliability and the lack of hormones. I have been getting very severe cramps for the past 18 years of having a period, the cramping during the dilation of my cervix was not more severe than that although it did make me briefly weak. It evened out fairly quickly and I have honestly felt less severe cramps since I have been on it. The bleeding is a little heavier but not markedly so. I use a Diva Cup when I am on my period and last month accidentally didn't break the suction when I was removing it and this dislodged my Paragard so it had to be removed and I had a new one inserted today. For the new insertion, the cramping did not last as long as the first time(I was able to head back into work within an hour)."

Elle (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 20, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I got paragard a couple months ago. One week later after getting it I broke out in hives and it wouldn't go away. I did some research on the internet and I read of others having hives after getting paragard and once removed it went away. I read this about mirena iud also. 2 totally different iuds! I went to my dr that put it in, and he told me that he never heard of hives resulting from any iud. Anyway the dr didn't want to remove it and told me to go to my primary doctor for the hives. I made him remove it then I went to my primary. My primary told me that I am getting hives because its a foreign object in my body and my body was fighting it. No less than 24 hrs after having it taken out my hives started to go away and then in 2 days totally gone! I believe that because further research lead me to read people getting hives after getting breast implants too! I believe my primary , that my body was fighting it since its a foreign object."

myexperience September 19, 2018

For Birth Control: "I honestly got SO sick from this IUD. My major symptoms included huge brain fog, depression, anxiety, constant urge to urinate, cold hands and feet, always bloated and 20 lb gain, and just generally always feeling ”off.” Then randomly I was watching YouTube videos where a guy was talking about how you are more susceptible to candida if you have a copper IUD. Because I had at different points assumed I might have a Candida overgrowth, I decided to have the IUD removed & see if it improved anything. Honestly... within a few days all of my symptoms were gone. I can’t say whether an IUD is right for you or not, all I can do is share my story and reaffirm that we are all in control of our own personal health destinies. If something in your body doesn’t feel right, you can choose to have it removed!"

Hes876 September 19, 2018

For Birth Control: "I only had my Paraguard for 6 months and in that 6 months I had problems! When I got it put on it hurt a lot !! I had cramps for like 5 days but that’s not the worse part. I also notice my sex drive was not high like it use to be. Sex just did not feel the same . Thoughout the time I had it I also had over 8-9 urinary track infection and 2 yeast infections. Whereas before getting it placed I never had had any and also after removal I didn’t get any !! It got to the point where I couldn’t even have sex because I was scared I was gonna get a uninary track infection . I would pee after sex , take cranberry pills , drink ALOT of water and I’d ALWAYS get a urinary track infection .It got to the point where I was feed up and just wanted it removed. The removal took only 10 seconds it didn’t hurt! After getting it removed my sex drive went back to high and thank goodness I haven’t had a urinary track infection for the longest! Best decision I made was removing the IUD"

Alexchanel September 18, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "The first 2 years with ParaGard were good. I did experience insanely heavy periods (Bleeding out of super tampon and pad within 2 hours). I was able to loose weight and loved the idea of non-hormonal birth control. Fast-forward to year 2 - 2.5 with the ParaGard and would not wish any of the symptoms I experienced on anyone else. I developed cystic acne (something I NEVER had, even as a teen) which left me still to this day with scaring on my chin. It increased dark hairs and spotting on my chin/lip area. I also will have to blame the IUD on some incontinence issues, that were immediately resolved when I had removed the IUD. "

JayDee (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 14, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "Let me say this: if you can do hormones, lucky you! I tried the pill a couple years back and ended up in the ER passing out because of the migraines they’d cause. So not worth it... then I found out I can’t do hormones:( So Para Guard was basically the only option I had! And so far I’m not regretting it!"

Allie( continued) September 12, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "Just got it inserted this morning. Was honestly terrified because of all the reviews and doctors telling me it’ll hurt like anything to get it in as well as the cramps afterwards. The truth as of today: Insertion took about 10 mins. One pinch and 1 cramp due to the ‘sound’ measuring the length of my uterus+ Another pinch and cramp when the IUD was inserted. That’s it! Maybe it was because I expected a lot of pain... maybe it was because I had 800 mg of Ibuprofen 1,5 hrs beforehand. Also I’ve had very strong contractions ending in a miscarriage 3 months ago at 14 weeks pregnant... so I’ve known so much worse pain! 5 mins later.... left the doctors office with a mild cramp not stronger than when you need to take a poo lol. 5 hours in and I’ve already eaten, drunk and worked out with 0 discomfort."

Allie September 12, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "Horrible gained lots of weight and developed thyroid problems. I unable to lose any weight and looked pregnant all the time."

123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2018

For Birth Control: "I got the copper IUD after not being on birth control of any kind (except condoms) for 4 years so this reaction was not due to changing hormones. I respect if this birth control option works for you, but SERIOUS possible side effects are not being disclosed with this IUD. I’ve never been on antidepressants and I ended up on the highest does of Prozac with this. I went to urgent care and told them I was suicidal and didn't know WHY. I almost ended up in a hospital with RACING paranoia. 7 months post removal and I’m on nothing and so at peace. Please listen to women who come in with copper toxicity issues with this IUD. This ruined my life. The worst part is there is nothing on the side effects list so I was in the dark wondering what was going on. The Paragard company said “the box says it’s not a complete list of side effects” and “maybe we need to do more testing” (actual quote from the lady from Paragard on the phone). This IUD can be poison in the wrong body."

Jane September 10, 2018

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I have gotten pregnant not once but twice using the Paragard. The only reason I even gave it a three is because it kept me not pregnant for about 4 years the first time and 1 year 3 months the second time. The insertion is uncomfortable but not extremely painful and only lasts about 30 seconds anyways. Periods will be heavier and maybe more cramping than hormonal birth control but really not that bad and it was great not having extra hormones in my body. If it kept me not pregnant I would probably be giving it a 9 or 10 if that tells you anything! But it failed for me.... TWICE!!!"

Bonnie September 8, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...