User Reviews for Copper topical

6.5

1,194 reviews 319 medications
Summary of Copper reviews 6.5 1,194 reviews

Reviews for Copper

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I’ve never commented on things like these but seeing all the terrible comments also made me want to share my experience. I had this inserted after I went in for a plan B to Planned Parenthood as it works as an emergency contraceptive. They offered it for free at the time so I took a day to do research and decided to go for it (you have 120 hours after the event to use it as an emergency contraceptive). I received it when I was 20 and have had it for 5 years. It has worked well. I have had no issues with it. I felt like I had become more moody but the doctor said it is not related to this. The insertion was a uncomfortable but nothing too painful. You just feel heavy cramping for a bit and then with the ibuprofen I was fine. I did bleed for 1 month on and off but my periods have been steady now. Last about 4 days. Normal to no cramping. And still not pregnant!!"

K (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 20, 2019

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "Severe allergic reactions-I’m talking anaphylaxis-like, carry epipens, anything and everything could set me off. Hives almost daily. Heavy and painful periods. Hair wouldn’t grow for over a year and is only now due to removal of the paragard. Chronic fatigue, extreme anxiety and poor mood."

Coop439 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 19, 2019

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "If you are like me, then you may love this birth control! I have tried everything ... pills, patches, the shot, hormonal IUDs. Every single hormonal bc has resulted in severe mood swings for me! I get severe PMS without birth control and hormones just make it worse. The good thing about my body is that I have very light periods and no cramps. I have not had any changes in my PMS symptoms and I have been using it for about 6 months. Downside: Getting it inserted was excruciating for me. I have not had any children so that probably made it worse. I felt painful contractions for several hours. Had mild discomfort for a couple of days. I do have a heavier period now but the trade off is worth it for me. I have not gotten pregnant and have a regular sex life with my husband. This birth control has been a godsend for me. I think it is a great solution for people who don’t have physical period symptoms and who suffer more from PMS. The temporary pain was worth it for me."

CJ (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 19, 2019

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I was on this BC for ten years after my first son. It was fine, until I change it and it lasted 2 years. I got pregnant with this still in place, the doctor removed it without problem, I had my baby, and I gave another chance. I tried it again and I got pregnant after a year using it, Unfortunately I had a miscarriage and bad infection. I had to be admitted in the hospital for a few days plus a surgery to removed the IUD."

Andy (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 15, 2019

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "If you willing to experiment with your body and if you wanna try to find the limit of your body-take IUD Para Gard-Non Hormone-The Copper one!!!! I had it only for a couple of days-the worst time for my health. Even after removing I have tingling on my left side-it started at the moment when ParaGard was inserted in my body . Doctors say d that the this tingling is coming from the brain-I have to make MIR and full body scanning. I was in perfect healthy condition before I put Para Gard !!!! Vomiting ,bleeding, dizziness, cramps ,losing weight before a short time, sweating at nights and in addition-Moving tingling in my left side for maybe to the rest if my life. Please, think !"

Dream (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2019

For Birth Control: "I'm due for my period but I'm 4 days late. Normally I will have pain in my breasts and my nipples will be sore but I don't have any! So it came on Friday but super light and spotting. The pregnancy test was negative, the doctor was able to reposition the coil but said it was only lodged slightly.He put the two strings at the right place.he said I got BV again, he gave me one week of antibiotics instead of the 5 tablets cause maybe before it didn't clear up properly or the coil indirectly raised the PH level alongside having unprotected sex. He doesn't know why I had the light period .he said the next period should tell us if it was just a one off cycle change or if it's light period then come back so we can investigate further cause the coil meant to give heavier periods and not light period. Don't drink any alcohol as a precaution but wait for the next period. Now I feel bloated, light cramps and just feel super tired I think it's time to take this cooper coil out!"

Missy sweety P February 14, 2019

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "Do not recommend. Besides longer periods and constant abdominal pain, ranging from painful before periods and mild after, I've got the worst PMS syndrome ever. The flora of my vagina changed. I have removed it and instantly felt better. Psychology: plastic and copper touching my uterus drove me crazy!"

Aswa February 14, 2019

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "In 2009 shortly after giving birth to my son I had the paragard put in place, for the 1st year everything was great things slowly started to change. In 2011 I noticed I was having lots of stomach pain after many trips to the doctor they couldn't find anything so I continued on daily bearing the pain the best I could, in 2014 the pain got worse and then I started bleeding. After an emergency room visit it was confirmed that I was 8 weeks pregnant and there was no possible way to remove it without having a miscarriage, the doctor assured me time and time again that the baby was fine, I was told bed rest was the best thing I could do for myself and my unborn baby. After leaving my doctor appointment I went home and got in my recliner and boom I was in labor in about 15 minutes I was squatting in the floor pushing a 13 week old fetus out. Please do not put any kind of object in your body!! it's not healthy and shouldn't be there!"

totallydisagree (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 13, 2019

For Birth Control: "I had the Paragard for 5 months before I had it removed. Began with increased duration of periods took my 3 day period to 8 days accompanied by heavy cramps. Intense mood swings that seem to come randomly with fits of irritability and high anxiety. I quit drinking caffeine. My PCP diagnoses me with high blood pressure and experienced hemorrhoids both of which I’ve never had before. And large dry patches of skin all over my arms."

Kaya (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2019

For Birth Control: "I got the paragard inserted today. I have never been on birth control before and have never had a baby. I was looking for a hormone free and reliable birth control and Paragard sounded great. As for my experience, I was expecting it to be really painful, but other than some discomfort, I didn't experience any pain. I had mild cramping afterwards and have been fine so far. I'm sitting a bit, but no real bleeding. I'm hoping it's going to work fine and will stay in place to do its job."

Olga (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2019

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "Worst pain of my life. I experience contraction-like cramps every period. At times I have to lay on the floor and deep breathe. Tonight I was in tears feeling like I was going to vomit from the pain. I had to pace around the room and do squats like a woman in labor. I don’t know if it was the naproxen sodium pain meds or hot bath that finally helped the cramps to subside, but had they not stopped I thought I would have to go to the ER and have the IUD removed. It might be effective to protect me from pregnancy but this monthly pain is NOT worth it."

Jessie (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 12, 2019

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "Immediately after the placement of Para Gard I felt tingling on my left side I had very strong all the side effects described for ParaGard bleeding stop bleeding dizzy nausea cramps physical weakness exhausted not able to function I felt burning and cold inside The IUD felt like a weight inside of me I felt like I had been poisoned but instead of it I now have non-stop tingling At nights I am sweating It seems that the ParaGard unlock or provoke my menopause to begin In less than a week from 105 lbs I got 97 lbs My Para Gard was insert on January 23rd It was extracted on January 28th I had burning in my urethra as well. The test showed that I had an infection in my urethra I started antibiotic My monthly period did not occur this month I have non stop tingling You could confirm all my words on my medical records"

Dreamer February 10, 2019

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "You are putting your future fertility, and possibly your life, at risk with this version of a Copper T. Ask any older woman about the horror stories from when this device was first introduced. Just think about the shape of your uterus and what the plastic arms of the "T" could do to it! To be clear, I mean it can poke a hole into the uterus when it is implanted or in place for any length of time. I am shocked that the FDA allows this dangerous device to stay on the market. Further, I am completely disgusted by the current TV commercials with young women dancing in floral dresses. What condescending, deceitful garbage."

Susan (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2019

For Birth Control: "I absolutely love my copper coil, before I tried implant which disagreed with me then I was on the pill for about 2 years. Sex was painful, I was getting brown spotting all the time. So decided time to try a non hormonal method. Having the coil fitted wasn’t painful at all more like a scratch from inside!I took painkillers 30mins before my appointment. A week with the coil I was told by my doctor to carry on till the end off my pill packet .Then I had my first period, It was heavier & more painful than normal. The rest off the month I’m free! Sex is amazing, isn’t painful anymore. If anything my sex drive has returned. I don’t have to remember to set an alarm to take my pill? Or worry oh god am I pregnant. I know it’s only a month. But I haven’t had any problems no spotting, no bellyaches I don’t even know it’s there. I have my first check up in 2 weeks to check every thing is in place which I’m so excited about! so for me HIGHLY recommend the copper coil.Hope this helps you girls x"

Trace February 6, 2019

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "After discussing my options with my dr, I had ParaGard inserted about 2 months after my third child was born. I had some discomfort and cramping but nothing more than a regular menstrual cycle. Fast forward to my first menstrual cycles and I bled for 2 weeks straight. My second cycles after my bleeding lasted for 3 weeks and every cycles from then on. I called my dr and asked what was going on why was this lasting so long and they said during the first couple of months bleeding can increase some but it will go away. After a year of 3 weeks of bleeding and only 1 week not bleeding routine. I called my dr again and the nurse practicioner told me I was fine it was normal. Two months later I passed out at my sons baseball game and had to have a blood transfusion because I had lost so much blood from my menstrual cycle. I had to have the IUD surgically removed because it was imbedded in my uterine wall, probably from the beginning and my uterus was constantly trying to flush it out."

Maebelle February 6, 2019

For Birth Control: "This product is TERRIBLE and I do not recommend this! You will hurt for a bit when it gets inserted. Then that will pass and you will think you are all normal again. But this is when it creeps up on you, the increased blood loss from your periods made me dizzy and delusional. My anxiety skyrocketed and I am constantly experiencing vertigo. I am constantly tired and feel out of it, my behaviour has changed immensely and it has only been 7 months of use. This is actually sick that we have to have something lodged inside us that was probably invented by some man! Just use condoms and save yourself!"

Yassy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 6, 2019

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I had a Paraguard IUD inserted shortly after my second child was born. I always felt terrible when I was on the pill and I was looking forward to trying a non-hormonal form of birth control. Insertion was painless and quick and I only had mild cramping afterwards. Every period I had while using Paraguard was a nightmare. Each lasted 7-10 days and 3-4 of those days the bleeding was so heavy I was going through a pad every 1-2 hours. I was never one to have bad cramps, but cramping was severe and painful on Paraguard. My doctor assured me this was normal and would not last, but it could take up to year for normal periods to return. Eleven months after the IUD was inserted, I became pregnant. It was a tubal pregnancy that had to be terminated with two shots of methotrexate. After the removal of Paraguard my periods returned to normal. tl;dr: Paraguard caused heavy, painful periods and a pregnancy! I do not recommend!"

CB (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 5, 2019

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "After 9 1/2 years of having the IUD with no problem..I found out I was pregnant.. I'm currently 6 weeks and very upset because the point of me getting this was to make sure I didn't get pregnant.."

Nikki (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 5, 2019

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I wanted to share my experience, after reading negative reviews for the Paraguard. As others have said, I chose the Paraguard because it is a hormone free birth control and after taking the pill for many years with negative side effects, it finally seemed like a better alternative. I was very nervous going into my appointment after reading mixed reviews and hearing how painful it is for some. I almost told the doctor during the beginning of the procedure to stop because I was so scared. Then with a slight sting the entire procedure was over and it barely hurt. In all it was over within 5 minutes and placing the actual Paraguard is only 2 of those 5 minutes. I was so relieved and kicked myself for getting so worked up. I've had it for 2 weeks now. The day after having it placed I did have some uncomfortable cramps, but they were manageable. I spotted for 1 week and now all of the side effects seem to be done."

oregongirl (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2019

For Birth Control: "I have had my IUD almost 9 months. Having it put in wasn't that bad. The cramping was horrible, it still is. But the thing that is messing me up is the mental part. I'm feel very anxious. My libido has gone from super high to super low. Sex isn't it so much of a need anymore. I still think that the copper IUD as an effect on our natural hormones. I've done a lot of research on copper toxicity. A lot of my side effects are matching up with it. I think by the end of the month i will have it taken out."

unhappy A (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 4, 2019

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I had the paragard for 10 years in the last year I was extremely uncomfortable had it checked twice and both times my horrible doctor suggested I keep it until the 10 years is up. Now I actually find out it had embedded into my uterus and when I went to have it removed it would not come out. I had to have an entire surgery. DO NOT USE THIS BIRTH CONTROL THEY ARE TRYING TO KILL US ALL."

Me (taken for 10 years or more) February 4, 2019

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "This is long but if you are a virgin or haven't had a baby - read it! I love the fact that Paragard has no hormones. Because of that, I didnt get the side effects of other birth controls like bloating, acne, mood swings, etc. I did have cramping for the first week or two after insertion. The spotting didn't stop until after my first period after insertion. However, I got it inserted as a virgin. I got married 6 weeks later and two weeks after that, all of a sudden sex hurt really bad, and after some inspection I felt the IUD falling out. Got it removed and replaced. The doctor didn't cut the string short enough so they would painfully poke my husband during intercourse. Then, again two weeks later, I was on my period and while removing a tampon I ACCIDENTALLY PULLED IT RIGHT OUT OF MYSELF. I was told that because I haven't been pregnant, my uterus isn't used to having stuff in it so it just spat the IUD out. If it would have stayed in I would have kept it for a while!"

Becca M February 2, 2019

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "POSITIVE REVIEW! So I have had ParaGard for just about 7 months now. First time having an IUD. The insertion process I will say was very uncomfortable. I had mild cramping afterwards, and my cycle did get a lot heavier just during that particular time. I will say that having it, I don't get any of the symptoms that I have read in a lot of these reviews outside of my cycle went from being 4 days to now being 5 days. Some cycles are a little heavier than others, but not drastic of a change such as the insertion while I was on. I have had no negative side effects to this IUD since having it. Even during intercourse, it's not painful and my partner only complained once of him feeling it, but I think that was more of his fault (adult humor)...outside of that, he doesn't feel it. I can honestly say that I am glad that I have it. Prior to this I was really considering a permanent sterilization (I only have one child), but I feel this has been great for me so far."

Wen January 31, 2019

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I'm so glad that it is a godsend for so many women, but I wish there were publicized research on the potential side effects. I have a history of depression, but had been off antidepressants for about a year without issue before getting my IUD in. Only 2 months after I got paragard I was feeling anxious and suicidal. I went back on the medication I had been on by my symptoms never resolved as completely as they had pre-IUD. I finally started reading stories from women whose mental health took a turn after insertion of paragard, and will get it removed next week. What drives me crazy is that doctors refuse to acknowledge the POSSIBILITY that there is a relationship between the copper IUD and mental health. I know there are issues with how such research could be conducted, and I'm not surprised that something that boils down to self-reporting by women (dramatic! hysterical! unreliable!) isn't of concern to Western medicine."

Lizzy January 31, 2019

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I have had this twice before. I used it before I had my daughter then 6 weeks after I had her I got another one. Pros: you legit don't have to worry about getting pregnant. Cons: my period is long & heavy about 8 days it sucks which is why I want to change it. It comes every 3 weeks so that blows also. I get cramps very painful and back pain but nothing 2 advil can't fix. No anxiety, no depression, no acne or weight gain .Now as for the this I'm debating on taking it out because this period every three weeks SUCKS & for 8 days on top of it is tough. Good luck ladies "

Harley January 31, 2019