User Reviews for Copper

Birth Control 741 reviews 305 medications

7.4
Summary of Copper reviews 741 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Copper

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "Paraguard caused my periods to literally double, to the point that I became anemic and had it removed (almost 1 year), plus I have a sister who managed to get pregnant on it...twice! First miscarried, second it her youngest son :/"

Meihua July 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I'm 23 y/o, never been pregnant/given birth. Had Paragard for 3 years and I'm so done with it. What's the point of being on birth control if I can't even have sex because I'm bleeding all the time? I can rarely have sex with my boyfriend of 4.5 years—sometimes when I think I'm done bleeding, we start having sex and then I start to bleed and it ruins the mood, so we stop. Before IUD, my periods lasted 5 days, now they last 7 days + I have HEAVY spotting almost the entire month. I've also experienced EXTREMELY painful cramps throughout 3 years (& I have a high pain tolerance) & the cramps did NOT "just last a couple weeks after getting it inserted"—it happened for years. On the bright side, it requires no maintenance & I never got pregnant."

Always bleeding (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "Was it effective in preventing pregnancy? Yes. Did it make me miserable every day it was in there? Yes. Extreme pain in cervix every two weeks, bright red super heavy periods that would fill a cup in two hours when it's supposed to last 8-10. Weight Gain and bloating. Extreme PMDD symptoms."

yourface (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "Had IUD- PARAGURD, it was inserted right. Did not move, string looked great.. it was perfectly placed and fine.... welp! Now I'm 5 weeks 7 days pregnant. No issues other then a heavy period right after I got it. Other then that I LOVED IT or was starting too. Until now.. it failed me. And 1000 others!! Save your self don't get it unless you want another baby"

K-delite (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I got pregnant on paraguard not even 4 months into having it! Doctor told me I was protected immediately!!"

Stefani1994 July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I DO NOT recommend this birth control to anyone. Become informed prior to having a foreign object inserted into your body. I had horrible panic attacks, constant feeling of nausea, digestive issues, heavy periods, and painful sex. My PMS symptoms were 20 days out of a month. I had the paragard for over 4 years before having it removed 2 weeks ago. Getting a piece of plastic with copper wrapped around it shoved into my cervix was a bad idea. I had my first period last week since removal and it was a much easier process. We are given these "safe and effective" forms of birth control so most doctors can push other forms of medications to treat symptoms from the side effects. The pharmaceutical companies run this country. Beware."

Cancarlton2016 July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I have birth to my son in Feb 2007. After a rough pregnancy, 46 hours of labor and a csection, I know that is nothing I wanted to experience anytime soon! I had paragard inserted 6 weeks postpartum. I was still in pain from a half healed csection so I may not be the best judge of pain with the insertion. I also have a pretty high pain barrier. I had a few bumps in the road in the beginning. I've always had heavy periods at random times. 5 months after insertion I started having 3-5 day periods with moderate bleeding. Cramping is not awful but periodically it peaks and takes my breath away. Cycle happens like clockwork! I can detect it normally to the day. I also think this has to do with how well you know your body. 10 years and counting!"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I had my paraguard fitted 3 mths after the birth of my 2nd boy. I chose it as was non hormonal therefore very little side effects should occur. Since having it in I put on weight, I got depression and felt really tired all the time. I thought it was just because of life with 2 little boys plus full time work. 3 1/2 yrs later decided to remove it as was suffering constant BV and antibiotics were not helping. I booked the appointment and started researching and I was shocked with the amount of women complaining about the weight gain, heavy periods, fatigue, depression... I also read some lost weight straight away after getting it out. To my surprise, 3 days after getting it removed I have lost 2lbs and I feel much more energy. I wish I never had in."

Lana_R (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "Got it put in in 2015 and no side effects or issues ! I have a clotting disorder that doesn't allow me to have any type of hormone birth control ."

HPierce (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I got the copper IUD for obvious reasons such as no hormones, its in one time and you can forget about it, extremely effective etc. After the insertion I hurt for 3 days straight. Curling up in pain and crying. My periods lasted from 7-14 days, with the most absurd amount of bleeding. I was changing my tampon every 2 hours absolutely saturated. I would get sharp pain at random times and my partner could feel the strings. Once I decided to take it out, I literally felt 'lighter' the instant it was taken out. I was a strange feeling, not really explainable, but the best word for it is lighter because my uterus was so happy to have a forgien object gone."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control: "I love this birth control so far! I've had it for almost three months and no complaints. I wish I had taken a week off of work after getting it inserted though, since the pain was almost unbearable. I have lots of tattoos and have had the implanon and pretty much every birth control. Hormonal birth controls don't work very well for me since I have severe depression and anxiety. I think it's wonderful that there is a non hormonal option! I highly recommend this birth control for ladies who have a history of mental illness, but take the day off of work! I am a 26 year old woman in a monogamous relationship with a man and have never given birth or have had an abortion. I have mild anemia and it hasn't become worse at all since the insertion"

Hormonalhaley (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "Getting it is a shot in the dark. My periods were all over the place (sometimes twice a month, sometimes once every 3 months), excruciating pain on periods, heavy bleeding lasting for 7 days minimum. Twice during that 3 years, I've started spotting non stop for 1-2 months. The last straw was a period of constant spotting for 3 months that eventually transformed into bleeding. Today, 4 days after it's been taken out, I am still bleeding as much, and I became anemic. The constant wearing of pads has irritated my vagina. Sex is not even part of my life anymore, I just feel disgusting all the time... Kind of ironic when you think I got it as a birth control. But hey, at least it didn't get lodged, so I'll give it 2 stars."

Amberline (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control: "I would not advise this type of coil. Any coil in fact.. I have had my non hormonal coil in for 3 y ears. I'm 28 years old with a 8 year old son and 6 year old twins. Got this type of coil as my mum had breast cancer so they advise any women who's immediate family have had cancer to not put any form off contraception as that lots of hormones. My mum had advised me not to get this done and she always blamed this on her still born. I took mine out after three years as it was giving me a 9 day period and period pains. Bearing in mine I have never suffered with period pains. Cut long story short I've been trying for 2 years for a baby and have got pregnant 3 times and have had continuous failing pregnancies. I really don't recommend this coil"

Koko89 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I've had my IUD implanted for about 5 years now, after realizing how long it's been I decided to see what others were saying about it. Reading these reviews reminds me that everyone is very different! I LOVE THIS IUD it has been great for me since the start & it works for me. The placement is painful, it can be described as a strong pinch on your insides, and obviously that area is extremely sensitive so yes! It's painful but you can tolerate it. You are sore for the remainder of the day and you sure won't want to be touched. My doctor advised me to refrain from intercourse until I felt better but recommended it to adjust the placement of the IUD. Yes in the beginning my partner felt the string, but in months time it went away. "

mecc (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "It was the worse decision ever to have Paraguard in me. Continuous discharge made me feeling depressed and worried about the bad smell. I had it for a better relationship, but it ruined the relationship as I bleed continuously and lost confidence. I started to loose my hair, then recently, severe eczema covered the whole face and neck area. I could not sleep as it caused severe itchiness. I had mild eczema when I was young but last week, it was developed so quickly and severely. So I decided to take it out. I have not got any other treatment except taking Paraguard out, then no discharge, bad smell, eczema... all gone. Now my partner and I are working together to find natural contraception. Mutual understanding made us bonding more together"

Love your body, don't get one (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control: "Hi, I'm 28 yrs old and got 3 kids already. I've had the IUD for about a year now, and I'd have to say that personally it has worked wonders for me. I'd encourage women who have had the IUD inserted to got for an ultrasound at least twice a year. I had my second scan last week and the device is still intact where it should be, with no abnormalities found. Yes I did experience cramping a few days after it was inserted, by after that I did not experience any complications. Although I don't think it should be recommended for all women, I really depends on how each individual reacts to the method and whether or not she is comfortable with it."

LiliTee July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I HATED this thing! I have NEVER had a long, heavy or irregular period but with this IUD I had such heavy periods that I bled through my underwear every single period. Then my periods started to be longer and more frequent. I would have a mini period in between my main period and would spot every few days during my non-period times. I had horrible bloating. I couldn't lose my baby weight (my IUD was inserted 6 weeks after my 4th baby was born) and I've never had trouble losing my baby weight before. After it was removed my periods gradually became less heavy, the bloating went away, I was more energetic, and I've been able to lose some weight. I would NEVER recommend an IUD to anyone."

JessMW1227 July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "Terrible, dangerous. Became pregnant while it was inserted. Had it removed & I had a miscarriage. Let alone bleeding for months. Beware."

Momma2maxh (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I've had my Paraguard for over seven years and it's worked exactly as promised. My periods did return to the intensity they were before using hormonal birth control, but they were not worsened. Occasionally my husband will have it jab him during intercourse, which is the only reason it's not 10 stars."

RayeofSunshines July 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "This is the worst birth control. The cramps after getting it were similar to labor. I was always dizzy and got depressed. As soon as I got it out the symptoms disappeared."

G112 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I got this IUD in Feb 2017 and I got it removed today, July 2017. As soon as I walked out the doctors office today I instantly felt better. In those short months I experienced extreme hair loss to the point where I had to vacuum my carpet everyday because there were hair balls EVERYWHERE. I had extremely heavy periods with blood clots. Bleeding through my maxi pads and almost used a whole pack in a day. My period lasted over half of the month and after my period I had strong fishy odor. I completely lost my sex drive. Sex was not pleasing, I felt numb inside. I am breastfeeding, eating healthy, and exercising and I have not lost a single pound. On the contrary I gained weight. This contraceptive just wasn't for me."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "So I've just had my IUD for about 2 weeks now. The cramping is no exaggeration. It is very painful and does feel as if it was a contraction coming on. My period has lasted now for about 12 days and doesn't seem to be subsiding. I will give this a try for 3 months and if theres no improvement will need to change to a different method. I have a 22 yr old and a 14yr old and the only good thing about the paragard is the fact that I don't have to worry for 10 yrs."

4ilivebyfaith July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I had the ParaGard inserted on Nov. 2007 and I am having a replacement inserted soon. It's been 9 years and 8 months. I've read that you can have it in for up 12 years, but I don't want to risk it. My mom who informed me about the 5 year IUD had it inserted after I was born back in 1990. My mom had my brother in 1998 and then after my little sister. So no problems there after it was removed. After having my second child, I went to her for advice on birth controls. She advised me to go with the IUD since it went extremely well when she had it. Everyone's body is different so it's always good to consult with your doctor. Aside from sometimes having heavy bleeding and very few cramps- I love the ParaGard!!!"

Jhenny_002 (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ParaGard (copper) for Birth Control: "I had a tubal pregnancy and lost my left tube while on this IUD. I'm removing it asap."

Sammy20079 July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control: "I've now had the IUD for over two weeks and I have to say so far so good bar cramps that come and go. Sex feels somewhat normal again, except for vaginal dryness. Maybe not an effect of the IUD. But apart from the cramps and discharge, it's been great. I'll update in another 2 weeks to let you know I'm not pregnant. But yes, 100% recommend "

Tarrie95 (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2017