This material must not be used for commercial purposes, or in any hospital or medical facility. Failure to comply may result in legal action.
Vaginal Foreign Body
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
A vaginal foreign body is when an object is stuck in your vagina. Some examples are tampons and wadded toilet paper.
- Antibiotics: This medicine will help fight or prevent an infection. Take your antibiotics until they are gone, even if you feel better.
- Hormone cream: This medicine may heal scratches or wounds in your vagina.
- Take your medicine as directed. Contact your healthcare provider if you think your medicine is not helping or if you have side effects. Tell him of her if you are allergic to any medicine. Keep a list of the medicines, vitamins, and herbs you take. Include the amounts, and when and why you take them. Bring the list or the pill bottles to follow-up visits. Carry your medicine list with you in case of an emergency.
Follow up with your healthcare provider or gynecologist within 7 days:
Write down your questions so you remember to ask them during your visits.
Contact your healthcare provider or gynecologist if:
- You have a fever or chills.
- Your symptoms do not go away in 3 to 5 days.
- You have increased vaginal discharge, even after the foreign body is removed.
- You have pain and cramps in your abdomen.
- You have pain during sexual intercourse.
- You have pain in your lower back or side.
- You have a hard time urinating, or you urinate more often than usual.
- You have questions or concerns about your condition or care.
© 2018 Truven Health Analytics Inc. Information is for End User's use only and may not be sold, redistributed or otherwise used for commercial purposes. All illustrations and images included in CareNotes® are the copyrighted property of A.D.A.M., Inc. or Truven Health Analytics.
The above information is an educational aid only. It is not intended as medical advice for individual conditions or treatments. Talk to your doctor, nurse or pharmacist before following any medical regimen to see if it is safe and effective for you.