This material must not be used for commercial purposes, or in any hospital or medical facility. Failure to comply may result in legal action.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
During this surgery, a testicle prosthesis (implant) will be placed in your scrotum. This surgery is done to replace a missing testicle.
Seek care immediately if:
- Your incision is swollen, red, bleeding, or has pus coming from it.
- Your stitches come apart.
Contact your healthcare provider if:
- You have a fever.
- You feel a lump under your incision.
- You think your testicle prosthesis has moved out of place.
- You have questions or concerns about your condition or care.
- Pain medicine may be given. Ask how to take this medicine safely.
- Take your medicine as directed. Contact your healthcare provider if you think your medicine is not helping or if you have side effects. Tell him or her if you are allergic to any medicine. Keep a list of the medicines, vitamins, and herbs you take. Include the amounts, and when and why you take them. Bring the list or the pill bottles to follow-up visits. Carry your medicine list with you in case of an emergency.
Follow up with your healthcare provider as directed:
Write down your questions so you remember to ask them during your visits.
- Ask when you can return to your regular activities such as taking a shower or returning to work. Ask your healthcare provider if there are any other special instructions you should follow after your surgery.
- Care for your wound as directed.
© Copyright IBM Corporation 2018 Information is for End User's use only and may not be sold, redistributed or otherwise used for commercial purposes. All illustrations and images included in CareNotes® are the copyrighted property of A.D.A.M., Inc. or IBM Watson Health
The above information is an educational aid only. It is not intended as medical advice for individual conditions or treatments. Talk to your doctor, nurse or pharmacist before following any medical regimen to see if it is safe and effective for you.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.