This material must not be used for commercial purposes, or in any hospital or medical facility. Failure to comply may result in legal action.
Nonstress Test For Pregnancy
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
A nonstress test measures your baby's heart rate and movements. Nonstress means that no stress will be placed on your baby during the test.
Seek care immediately if:
- You develop a severe headache that does not go away.
- You have new or increased vision changes, such as blurred or spotted vision.
- You have new or increased swelling in your face or hands.
- You have vaginal spotting or bleeding.
- Your water broke or you feel warm water gushing or trickling from your vagina.
Contact your healthcare provider if:
- You notice any changes in your baby's movements.
- You have abdominal cramps, pressure, or tightening.
- You have questions or concerns about your condition or care.
Follow up with your healthcare provider as directed:
You may need to return to have this test done again or to have other tests done. Write down your questions so you remember to ask them during your visits.
© 2018 Truven Health Analytics Inc. Information is for End User's use only and may not be sold, redistributed or otherwise used for commercial purposes. All illustrations and images included in CareNotes® are the copyrighted property of A.D.A.M., Inc. or Truven Health Analytics.
The above information is an educational aid only. It is not intended as medical advice for individual conditions or treatments. Talk to your doctor, nurse or pharmacist before following any medical regimen to see if it is safe and effective for you.