This material must not be used for commercial purposes, or in any hospital or medical facility. Failure to comply may result in legal action.
After Turbinate Reduction
Seek care immediately if:
- You have severe pain.
Contact your healthcare provider if:
- Your nose bleeds more than you were told to expect.
- You have a fever.
- Your nose is red, swollen, and draining pus.
- You have questions or concerns about your condition or care.
- Prescription pain medicine may be given. Ask how to take this medicine safely.
- Take your medicine as directed. Contact your healthcare provider if you think your medicine is not helping or if you have side effects. Tell him or her if you are allergic to any medicine. Keep a list of the medicines, vitamins, and herbs you take. Include the amounts, and when and why you take them. Bring the list or the pill bottles to follow-up visits. Carry your medicine list with you in case of an emergency.
Follow up with your healthcare provider as directed:
Write down your questions so you remember to ask them during your visits.
- Use nasal sprays or rinses as directed. Your healthcare provider may recommend these to relieve dryness and help your nose heal.
- Care for your wound as directed. Change your gauze as directed by your healthcare provider. If you have a splint, do not get it wet or try to remove it.
© 2017 Truven Health Analytics Inc. Information is for End User's use only and may not be sold, redistributed or otherwise used for commercial purposes. All illustrations and images included in CareNotes® are the copyrighted property of A.D.A.M., Inc. or Truven Health Analytics.
The above information is an educational aid only. It is not intended as medical advice for individual conditions or treatments. Talk to your doctor, nurse or pharmacist before following any medical regimen to see if it is safe and effective for you.