The originating document has been archived. We cannot confirm the completeness, accuracy and currency of the content.
Generic Name: oxyquinolone (ox-ee-QUIN-o-lone)
Brand Name: Trimo-San
Trimo-San is used for:
Restoring and maintaining healthy vaginal acidity and reducing odor-causing bacteria. It also acts as a lubricant. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Trimo-San is a deodorant gel.It works by promoting healthy acidity in the vagina, which keeps odor-causing bacteria from flourishing.
Do NOT use Trimo-San if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Trimo-San
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Trimo-San:
Some medical conditions may interact with Trimo-San. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Trimo-San. However, no specific interactions with Trimo-San are known at this time.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Trimo-San may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Trimo-San:
Use Trimo-San as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Unscrew the cap from the tube. Pierce the end of the tube with the top of the cap. Attach threaded end of the applicator to the tube. Squeeze the tube from the bottom until the correct amount of medicine has been dispensed into the applicator. Unscrew the applicator from the tube.
- Gently insert the applicator about Â½ inch into the vagina. Firmly squeeze the bulb once to dispense the gel into the vagina, keeping the bulb squeezed until the applicator is removed from the vagina.
- Check with your doctor or pharmacist regarding use of this product if you have a pessary.
- Clean the applicator immediately after use by pumping the bulb several times while holding the applicator under water.
- Wipe the open end of the tube where it attaches to the applicator and the inside of the cap after each use. Recap the medicine tightly.
- If you miss a dose of Trimo-San, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Trimo-San.
Important safety information:
- Trimo-San is for vaginal use only. Do not get Trimo-San in your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant while taking Trimo-San, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Trimo-San during pregnancy. It is unknown if Trimo-San is excreted in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using Trimo-San, check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Trimo-San:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); fever; stomach pain or cramps; unusually strong odor; unusual swelling or tenderness; vaginal discharge, burning, or itching.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center ( http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately. Trimo-San may be harmful if swallowed.Proper storage of Trimo-San:
Store Trimo-San at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep Trimo-San out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Trimo-San, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Trimo-San is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Trimo-San or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Trimo-San. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Trimo-San. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Trimo-San.