Multi-Vit/ Fl drops
Generic Name: multivitamin with fluoride (MUL-ti-VYE-ta-min/FLOR-ide)
Brand Name: Examples include Multi-Vit/Fl and Poly-Vitamin/Fl
Multi-Vit/ Fl drops are used for:
Treating or preventing low levels of vitamins in the body. It is also used to prevent cavities in children when the amount of fluoride in the water supply is too low.
Multi-Vit/Fl drops are a vitamin and mineral supplement. It works by providing extra vitamins to the body when you do not get enough from your diet. Fluoride strengthens the teeth and decreases the effects of acid and bacteria on the teeth.
Do NOT use Multi-Vit/ Fl drops if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Multi-Vit/Fl drops
- your drinking water has a fluoride content greater than 0.7 parts per million (ppm)
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Multi-Vit/ Fl drops:
Some medical conditions may interact with Multi-Vit/Fl drops. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have blood problems (eg, anemia), joint pain, severe kidney problems, or stomach or intestinal ulcers
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Multi-Vit/Fl drops. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Acitretin because it may increase the risk of Multi-Vit/Fl drops's side effects
- Fluorouracil because the risk of its side effects may be increased by Multi-Vit/Fl drops
- Phenytoin because its effectiveness may be decreased by Multi-Vit/Fl drops
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Multi-Vit/Fl drops may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Multi-Vit/ Fl drops:
Use Multi-Vit/Fl drops as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Multi-Vit/Fl drops by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- Multi-Vit/Fl drops may be given directly into the mouth or mixed with fruit juice, cereal, or other food.
- Use the dropper that comes with Multi-Vit/Fl drops to measure your dose. Ask your pharmacist for help if you are unsure of how to measure your dose.
- Shake well before each use.
- Do not eat or drink dairy products within 1 hour before or 2 hours after you take Multi-Vit/Fl drops.
- Do not take an antacid that has aluminum, calcium, or magnesium in it for several hours after you take Multi-Vit/Fl drops.
- If you miss a dose of Multi-Vit/Fl drops, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Multi-Vit/Fl drops.
Important safety information:
- Do not take more than the recommended dose or use longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- Notify your dentist if your teeth become spotted or stained.
- Multi-Vit/Fl drops has pyridoxine (vitamin B6) in it. Before you start any new medicine, check the label to see if it has pyridoxine (vitamin B6) in it too. If it does or if you are not sure, check with your doctor or pharmacist.
- The appropriate dose of Multi-Vit/Fl drops depends on the CHILD's age and the amount of fluoride in the drinking water. Talk with your doctor if you have questions about the appropriate dose for your child or the amount of fluoride in your drinking water.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant while taking Multi-Vit/Fl drops, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Multi-Vit/Fl drops while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Multi-Vit/Fl drops, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Multi-Vit/ Fl drops:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. When used in small doses, no COMMON side effects have been reported with Multi-Vit/Fl drops. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include diarrhea; extreme thirst; increased drooling; muscle weakness; nausea; paleness of the skin; seizures; shaking; shallow, rapid breathing; stomach pain; vomiting; weak or fast heartbeat.Proper storage of Multi-Vit/Fl drops:
Store Multi-Vit/Fl drops at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) in the original container. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Multi-Vit/Fl drops out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Multi-Vit/Fl drops, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Multi-Vit/Fl drops are to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Multi-Vit/Fl drops or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Multi-Vit/Fl drops. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Multi-Vit/Fl drops. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Multi-Vit/Fl drops.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
More about multivitamin with fluoride
- Multivitamins with l-methylfolate and fluoride drops
- Vitamin a/vitamin d/vitamin c/fluoride
- Multivitamins with fluoride
- Other brands: Poly Vitamin with Fluoride, Poly-Vi-Flor, Tri-Vi-Flor, TRI-VIT With Fluoride, More (4) »