The originating document has been archived. We cannot confirm the completeness, accuracy and currency of the content.
Adoxa CK Kit
Generic Name: doxycycline (DOX-i-SYE-kleen)
Brand Name: Morgidox Kit
Adoxa CK Kit is used for:
Adoxa CK Kit is a kit containing a tetracycline antibiotic and a cleanser. The antibiotic works by slowing the growth of bacteria, which helps the body's immune system to kill the bacteria. The cleanser helps to keep the skin clean. Using both together helps to reduce acne.
Do NOT use Adoxa CK Kit if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Adoxa CK Kit or to any other tetracycline antibiotic (eg, minocycline)
- you are taking acitretin, isotretinoin, or a penicillin antibiotic (eg, amoxicillin)
- you have recently received or will be receiving a live oral typhoid vaccine
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Adoxa CK Kit:
Some medical conditions may interact with Adoxa CK Kit. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have diarrhea or a history of lupus or the blood disease porphyria
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Adoxa CK Kit. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Antacids, barbiturates (eg, phenobarbital), carbamazepine, hydantoins (eg, phenytoin), iron, or urinary alkalinizers (eg, sodium bicarbonate) because they may decrease Adoxa CK Kit's effectiveness
- Acitretin, anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), digoxin, insulin, isotretinoin, or methotrexate because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Adoxa CK Kit
- Hormonal birth control (eg, birth control pills), live oral typhoid vaccine, or penicillins (eg, amoxicillin) because their effectiveness may be decreased by Adoxa CK Kit
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Adoxa CK Kit may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Adoxa CK Kit:
Use Adoxa CK Kit as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Adoxa CK Kit kit contains antibiotic capsules and a cleanser.
- To use the cleanser:
- Wet the skin. Pump the cleanser into your hands and gently massage it into the skin. Rinse thoroughly with water and pat dry with a soft towel.
- To take the antibiotic:
- Take Adoxa CK Kit by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- Take Adoxa CK Kit with a full glass of water (8 oz/240 mL) and drink plenty of fluids to prevent ulcers and reduce throat irritation.
- Do not eat or drink calcium-rich foods (eg, milk or other dairy products, calcium-enriched juices) or take an antacid that has aluminum, calcium, or magnesium in it; bismuth subsalicylate; iron; urinary alkalinizers (eg, sodium bicarbonate); or multivitamins with minerals within 2 hours before or 2 hours after you take Adoxa CK Kit.
- Use Adoxa CK Kit on a regular schedule to get the most benefit from it. It may take several days to weeks to see the full effect of Adoxa CK Kit.
- To clear up your infection completely, take Adoxa CK Kit for the full course of treatment. Keep taking it even if your condition improves in a few days.
- Do not use Adoxa CK Kit if it is past the expiration date on the bottle.
- If you miss a dose of Adoxa CK Kit, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Adoxa CK Kit.
Important safety information:
- The cleanser is for external use only. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth. If you get it in your eyes, rinse at once with cool water.
- Adoxa CK Kit only works against bacteria; it does not treat viral infections (eg, the common cold).
- Be sure to use Adoxa CK Kit for the full course of treatment. If you do not, the medicine may not clear up your infection completely. The bacteria could also become less sensitive to this or other medicines. This could make the infection harder to treat in the future.
- Long-term or repeated use of Adoxa CK Kit may cause a second infection. Tell your doctor if signs of a second infection occur. Your medicine may need to be changed to treat this.
- Do not receive a live vaccine (eg, typhoid) while you are taking Adoxa CK Kit. Talk with your doctor before you receive any vaccine.
- Hormonal birth control (eg, birth control pills) may not work as well while you are using Adoxa CK Kit. To prevent pregnancy, use an extra form of birth control (eg, condoms).
- Adoxa CK Kit may cause you to become sunburned more easily. Avoid the sun, sunlamps, or tanning booths until you know how you react to Adoxa CK Kit. Use a sunscreen or wear protective clothing if you must be outside for more than a short time.
- Mild diarrhea is common with antibiotic use. However, a more serious form of diarrhea (pseudomembranous colitis) may rarely occur. This may develop while you use the antibiotic or within several months after you stop using it. Contact your doctor right away if stomach pain or cramps, severe diarrhea, or bloody stools occur. Do not treat diarrhea without first checking with your doctor.
- Do NOT take more than the recommended dose or use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- Talk with your doctor before you use any other medicines or cleansers on your skin.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Adoxa CK Kit before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Adoxa CK Kit may interfere with certain lab tests. Be sure your doctor and lab personnel know you are taking Adoxa CK Kit.
- Lab tests, including liver function, kidney function, and complete blood cell counts, may be performed while you use Adoxa CK Kit. These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Adoxa CK Kit should not be used in CHILDREN younger than 8 years old; permanent yellow-gray-brown tooth discoloration may occur.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: Adoxa CK Kit has been shown to cause harm to the fetus. If you think you may be pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Adoxa CK Kit while you are pregnant. Adoxa CK Kit is found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking Adoxa CK Kit.
Possible side effects of Adoxa CK Kit:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Mild diarrhea; mild loss of appetite; nausea; vomiting.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); bloody stools; chest pain; decreased urination; fever, chills, or sore throat; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; severe or persistent diarrhea; severe or persistent headache; stomach pain or cramps; symptoms of liver problems (eg, dark urine, persistent loss of appetite, pale stools, unusual nausea or stomach pain, yellowing of the skin or eyes); throat irritation or pain; trouble swallowing; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual joint pain; unusual tiredness or weakness; vaginal irritation or discharge; vision changes.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Adoxa CK Kit:
Store the antibiotic at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store the cleanser between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Adoxa CK Kit out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Adoxa CK Kit, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Adoxa CK Kit is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Adoxa CK Kit or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Adoxa CK Kit. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Adoxa CK Kit. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Adoxa CK Kit.