Advantage II Extra Large DogThis page contains information on Advantage II Extra Large Dog for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Advantage II Extra Large Dog Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Advantage II Extra Large Dog
- Direction and dosage information for Advantage II Extra Large Dog
Advantage II Extra Large DogThis treatment applies to the following species:
for dogsManufacturer: Bayer Animal Health
Once-A-Month Topical Treatment for Fleas and Lice
For use on dogs and puppies 7 weeks and older
READ THE ENTIRE LABEL BEFORE EACH USE.
For the Prevention and Treatment of Flea and Lice Infestations on Dogs
● Kills all flea life stages
● Prevents fleas on treated dogs from infesting your home
● One treatment prevents further flea infestation for a month
● Kills fleas on dogs within 12 hours of application
● Treats, prevents and controls lice infestations
% By Weight
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
See below for First Aid and Precautionary Statements
HAZARDS TO HUMANS: Harmful if swallowed. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes or clothing. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and warm water after handling.
Hazards To Domestic Animals
For external use only. Do not use on puppies under 7 weeks of age. As with any product, consult your veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, pregnant or nursing animals. Individual sensitivities, while rare, may occur after using ANY pesticide product for pets.
If signs persist, or become more severe, consult a veterinarian immediately. If your animal is on medication, consult your veterinarian before using this or any other product.
For consumer questions call 1-800-255-6826.
For medical emergencies call 1-800-422-9874.
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment.
If swallowed: Call poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by the poison control center or doctor. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
If in eyes: Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
If on skin: Wash with plenty of soap and water.
To Physician: Treat the patient symptomatically.
Directions For Use
It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
HOW TO OPEN
1. Being careful not to cut close to the blister cavities, take scissors and cut off one section of the card containing a single tube.
2. Take the separated section, and cut into the blister cavity across the small side, close to the cap of the tube.
3. Peel off the foil, and take out the tube.
4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 for each tube.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Use only on dogs. Do not use on other animals.
2. Remove one applicator tube from the package. See “HOW TO OPEN” section.
3. Hold applicator tube in an upright position. Pull cap off tube.
4. Turn the cap around and place other end of cap back on tube.
5. Twist cap to break seal, then remove cap from tube.
10 lbs. and Under.:
6. The dog should be standing for easy application. Part the hair on the dog’s back, between the shoulder blades, until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and squeeze the tube to expel the entire contents directly on the skin.
Do not get this product in your pet’s eyes or mouth.
Over 55 lbs.:
6. The dog should be standing for easy application. Apply the entire contents of the tube evenly to three or four spots on the top of the back from the shoulder to the base of the tail. At each spot, part the hair until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and gently squeeze to expel a portion of the solution on the skin. Do not apply an excessive amount of solution at any one spot that could cause some of the solution to run off the side of the dog.
Do not get this product in your pet’s eyes or mouth.
7. Discard empty tube as described in Storage and Disposal.
8. Under normal conditions the product is effective for a month. However, in case of severe flea infestation, retreatment may be necessary earlier than four weeks. Do not retreat more often than once every seven (7) days. After flea control is obtained, return to a monthly retreatment schedule.
The successive feeding activity of fleas on dogs frequently elicits a hypersensitivity skin disorder known as flea allergy dermatitis (FAD) or flea bite hypersensitivity. Treatment of dogs with Advantage II rapidly kills fleas within 12 hours which flea bite may reduce the incidence of this condition.
Advantage II kills existing fleas on dogs within 12 hours. Reinfesting fleas are killed within 2 hours with protection against further flea infestation lasting for four (4) weeks. Pre-existing pupae in the environment may continue to emerge for six (6) weeks or longer depending upon the climatic conditions.
Fleas, flea eggs, and flea larvae in the dog’s environment are killed following contact with an Advantage II treated pet. Advantage II provides multi-stage flea control effectively breaking all flea life-cycle stages for quick and lasting control of flea populations.
Advantage II kills adult fleas quickly (within 12 hours), inhibits the development of immature flea life stages and prevents them from reaching the biting adult stage.
Advantage II kills chewing lice that infest dogs and puppies, and prevents further infestations.
Advantage II is waterproof and remains effective following a shampoo treatment, swimming or after exposure to rain or sunlight.
Monthly treatments are required for optimal control and prevention of fleas.
Storage And Disposal
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal.
Pesticide Storage: Store in a cool, dry place.
Pesticide Disposal and Container Handling: Nonrefillable container.
If empty: Do not reuse or refill this container. Place in trash or offer for recycling if available.
If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency or 1-800-422-9874 for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
Limited Warranty And Limitation Of Damages
Bayer HealthCare LLC, Animal Health Division warrants that this material conforms to the chemical description on the label. TO THE EXTENT CONSISTENT WITH APPLICABLE LAW, BAYER MAKES NO OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, INCLUDING ANY OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS OR MERCHANTABILITY, and no agent of Bayer is authorized to do so except in writing with a specific reference to this warranty. Any damages arising from a breach of this warranty shall be limited to direct damages and shall not include consequential commercial damages such as loss of profits or values, etc.
Bayer HealthCare LLC, Animal Health Division, P.O. Box 390, Shawnee Mission, Kansas 66201 USA
Bayer, the Bayer Cross and Advantage are registered trademarks of Bayer
© 2010 Bayer HealthCare LLC
Made in Germany
Advantage II is protected by the following U.S. patents: 6,232,328 and 6,001,858
ADVANTAGE II small dog - For Dogs and Puppies 7 Weeks and Older and Weighing 10 lbs. and under
EPA Est. No. 11556-DEU-1 EPA Reg. No. 11556-128
79145896 - Four 0.014 fl oz (0.4 mL) Tubes
79145896 - Six 0.014 fl oz (0.4 mL) Tubes
ADVANTAGE II medium dog - For Dogs and Puppies 7 Weeks and Older and Weighing 11 - 20 lbs.
EPA Est. No. 11556-DEU-1 EPA Reg. No. 11556-125
79147880 - Four 0.034 fl oz (1.0 mL) Tubes
79147880 - Six 0.034 fl oz (1.0 mL) Tubes
ADVANTAGE II large dog - For Dogs and Puppies 7 Weeks and Older and Weighing 21 - 55 lbs.
EPA Est. No. 11556-DEU-1 EPA Reg. No. 11556-127
79147899 - Four 0.084 fl oz (2.5 mL) Tubes
79147899 - Six 0.084 fl oz (2.5 mL) Tubes
ADVANTAGE II extra large dog - For Dogs and Puppies 7 Weeks and Older and Weighing Over 55 lbs.
EPA Est. No. 11556-DEU-1 EPA Reg. No. 11556-130
79147856 - Four 0.135 fl oz (4.0 mL) Tubes
79147856 - Six 0.135 fl oz (4.0 mL) Tubes
Regulations for product use are established by country. Information contained on this site pertains only to the United States of America, and is not intended to provide adequate information for product use. Before using or dispensing any product, read and carefully observe the label directions.
Animal Health Division
P.O. BOX 390, SHAWNEE MISSION, KS, 66201-0390
|Customer Service Tel.:||800-633-3796|
|Customer Service Fax:||800-344-4219|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Advantage II Extra Large Dog information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2014 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2014-05-28