Simvastatin / sitagliptin Side Effects
Some side effects of simvastatin / sitagliptin may not be reported. Always consult your doctor or healthcare specialist for medical advice. You may also report side effects to the FDA.
For the Consumer
Applies to simvastatin / sitagliptin: oral tablet
Along with its needed effects, simvastatin / sitagliptin may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking simvastatin / sitagliptin:More common
- blurred vision
- cold sweats
- cool, pale skin
- fast or irregular heartbeat
- increased hunger
- slurred speech
- unusual tiredness or weakness
- Bladder pain
- bloody or cloudy urine
- difficult, burning, or painful urination
- dry mouth
- flushed, dry skin
- frequent urge to urinate
- fruit-like breath odor
- increased thirst
- increased urination
- loss of consciousness
- lower back or side pain
- troubled breathing
- unexplained weight loss
- dark-colored urine
- loss of appetite
- muscle cramps or spasms
- muscle pain, tenderness, wasting, or weakness
- pains in the stomach, side, or abdomen, possibly radiating to the back
- yellow eyes or skin
- black, tarry stools
- bleeding gums
- blistering, peeling, or loosening of the skin
- burning, crawling, itching, numbness, prickling, "pins and needles", or tingling feelings
- chest pain
- decreased urine output
- difficulty with moving
- difficulty with swallowing
- feeling of warmth
- increased sensitivity of the skin to sunlight
- joint or muscle pain
- large, hive-like swelling on the face, eyelids, lips, tongue, throat, hands, legs, feet, or sex organs
- pinpoint red spots on the skin
- rapid weight gain
- red, irritated eyes
- red, sore, or itching skin
- red skin lesions, often with a purple center
- redness of the face, neck, arms, and occasionally, upper chest
- severe sunburn
- skin rash
- sore throat
- sores, ulcers, or white spots on the lips or in the mouth
- sores, welts, or blisters on the skin
- swollen glands
- swollen joints
- tightness in the chest
- unsteadiness or awkwardness
- unusual bleeding or bruising
- weakness in the arms, hands, legs, or feet
Some side effects of simvastatin / sitagliptin may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:More common
- Body aches or pain
- cough that produces mucus
- ear congestion
- loss of voice
- runny or stuffy nose
- Burning feeling in the chest or stomach
- dizziness or lightheadedness
- feeling of constant movement of self or surroundings
- pain or tenderness around the eyes and cheekbones
- sensation of spinning
- skin rash that is encrusted, scaly, and oozing
- tenderness in the stomach area
- trouble with sleeping
- Acid or sour stomach
- being forgetful
- decreased interest in sexual intercourse
- excess air or gas in the stomach or intestines
- full feeling
- hair loss
- inability to have or keep an erection
- loss in sexual ability, desire, drive, or performance
- passing gas
- problems with memory
- stomach discomfort, upset, or pain
- thinning of the hair
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to simvastatin / sitagliptin: oral tablet
Endocrine side effects have included hypoglycemia, pancreatitis, acute pancreatitis, including fatal and nonfatal hemorrhagic and necrotizing pancreatitis, hepatitis/jaundice, fatal and nonfatal hepatic failure, and hepatic enzyme elevations.
Gastrointestinal side effects have included constipation, gastritis, abdominal pain, nausea, dyspepsia, flatulence, and diarrhea.
Musculoskeletal side effect shave included muscle cramps, myalgia, arthralgia, and myopathy/rhabdomyolysis.
Postmarketing reports have included pain in extremities and back pain.
Respiratory side effects have included bronchitis, sinusitis, upper respiratory tract infection, nasopharyngitis, and interstitial lung disease.
Nervous system side effects have included headache, insomnia, asthenia, paresthesia, dizziness, peripheral neuropathy, vertigo, and cognitive impairment (e.g., memory loss, forgetfulness, amnesia, memory impairment, confusion).
Hypersensitivity side effects have included reactions such as anaphylaxis, angioedema, rash, urticaria, cutaneous vasculitis, and exfoliative skin conditions including Stevens-Johnson syndrome.
Cardiovascular side effects have included atrial fibrillation.
Genitourinary side effects have included urinary tract infection and erectile dysfunction.
Dermatologic side effects have included eczema, rash, pruritus, alopecia, and a variety of skin changes (e.g., nodules, discoloration, dryness of skin/mucous membranes, changes to hair/nails).
General side effects have included edema and swelling.
Renal side effects have included worsening renal function, including acute renal failure (sometimes requiring dialysis).
Postmarketing reports have included anemia.
Postmarketing reports have included depression.
More about simvastatin/sitagliptin
- Other brands: Juvisync
Compare with other treatments for:
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. In addition, the drug information contained herein may be time sensitive and should not be utilized as a reference resource beyond the date hereof. This material does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients, or recommend therapy. This information is a reference resource designed as supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill , knowledge, and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate safety, effectiveness, or appropriateness for any given patient. Drugs.com does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of materials provided. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.