Generic name: erythromycin ethylsuccinate
Dosage form: oral suspension
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use EryPed safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for EryPed.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Ery-Ped (erythromycin ethylsuccinate) oral suspensions may be administered without regard to meals.
Age, weight, and severity of the infection are important factors in determining the proper dosage. In mild to moderate infections, the usual dosage of erythromycin ethylsuccinate for children is 30 to 50 mg/kg/day in equally divided doses every 6 hours. For more severe infections this dosage may be doubled. If twice-a-day dosage is desired, one-half of the total daily dose may be given every 12 hours. Doses may also be given three times daily by administering one-third of the total daily dose every 8 hours.
The following dosage schedule is suggested for mild to moderate infections:
|Body Weight||Total Daily Dose|
|Under 10 lbs||30-50 mg/kg/day
|10 to 15 lbs||200 mg|
|16 to 25 lbs||400 mg|
|26 to 50 lbs||800 mg|
|51 to 100 lbs||1200 mg|
|over 100 lbs||1600 mg|
400 mg erythromycin ethylsuccinate every 6 hours is the usual dose. Dosage may be increased up to 4 g per day according to the severity of the infection. If twice-a-day dosage is desired, one-half of the total daily dose may be given every 12 hours. Doses may also be given three times daily by administering one-third of the total daily dose every 8 hours.
For adult dosage calculation, use a ratio of 400 mg of erythromycin activity as the ethylsuccinate to 250 mg of erythromycin activity as the stearate, base or estolate.
In the treatment of streptococcal infections, a therapeutic dosage of erythromycin ethylsuccinate should be administered for at least 10 days. In continuous prophylaxis against recurrences of streptococcal infections in persons with a history of rheumatic heart disease, the usual dosage is 400 mg twice a day.
For treatment of urethritis due to C. trachomatis or U. urealyticum
800 mg three times a day for 7 days.
For treatment of primary syphilis
For intestinal amebiasis
For use in pertussis
Although optimal dosage and duration have not been established, doses of erythromycin utilized in reported clinical studies were 40 to 50 mg/kg/day, given in divided doses for 5 to 14 days.
- EryPed Side Effects
- EryPed Drug Interactions
- E.E.S, 400 Tablets (erythromycin ethylsuccinate) tablet, granule for oral suspension dosage information
- EES (erythromycin ethylsuccinate) suspension, granule for oral suspension; tablet dosage information
- EES Oral Suspension (erythromycin ethylsuccinate) granule, for oral suspension dosage information
- Ery-Tab (erythromycin) tablet, delayed release dosage information
- Ery-Tab (erythromycin) consumer information
- Eryc (erythromycin) Delayed-Release Capsules, USP dosage information
- EryPed 200 (erythromycin ethylsuccinate) oral suspension dosage information
- Erythrocin (erythromycin stearate) tablet, film coated dosage information
- Erythrocin Injection USP (erythrocin lactobionate) injection, powder, lyophilized, for solution dosage information
- Erythromycin dosage information
- Erythromycin consumer information
- PCE (erythromycin ethylsuccinate) tablet dosage information