User Reviews for Tropicamide

Also known as: Mydral, Mydriacyl, Ocu-Tropic, Opticyl, Tropicacyl

Learn more about Tropicamide.

Pupillary Dilation 2 reviews 29 medications
Organophosphate Poisoning 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Refraction, Assessment 0 reviews 17 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Tropicamide reviews 2 reviews 3.0

Reviews for Tropicamide

For Pupillary Dilation: "I used to wear contact lenses. In a recent eye exam, my optometrist applied 0.5% tropicamide and 0.5% phenylephrine (Myfriin-P) on my eyes. She did not warn me to wear sunglasses after check-up. My eyes exposed to intense sunlight 15 minutes afterwards without sunglasses. Then, I suffered eye pain for almost 2 months now and severe dry eye. I read many information afterwards. Corneal permeation of Tropicamide may enhanced by phenylephrine and may enhanced also its strength. Sun exposure further complicated the harm."

abutt September 12, 2015

For Pupillary Dilation: "As soon as this medicine was put into my eyes I felt an intense burning sensation in my eyes. Approximately 5 minutes after the drops had been put in I began feeling jittery, uneasy, and my head felt very strange. I couldn't see up close at all for over 4 hours, but that's a given whenever having your eyes dilated. I don't know if this was a psychosomatic effect or not, but I felt very out of it and my hearing was affected as well. I remember when the doctor was speaking to me after the exam had been completed my hearing was going in and out, kind of like I was in a long tunnel. Overall, this experience scared me, and I'm not sure if I would want to have this done again. Although, I am glad that by doing this I now know my eyes are healthy."

smartchick August 29, 2009