User Reviews for Pyrithione zinc

Also known as: Beta Med, Denorex Daily Protection, Dermazinc, DermaZinc Shampoo, DHS Zinc, Head & Shoulders, Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp, Sebulon, Selsun Blue Conditioner, Theraplex Z, Zincon, ZNP Shampoo

Learn more about Pyrithione zinc.

Seborrheic Dermatitis 1 reviews 300 medications

Dandruff 2 reviews 38 medications

Summary of Pyrithione zinc reviews 3 reviews 9.3

Reviews for Pyrithione zinc

Review by The Finisher: User Rating:

pyrithione zinc for Dandruff: I grabbed a "Fresh Mint" bottle by Top Care in the store because it looks similar to Head & Shoulders. If you have ever used Burt's Bees lip balm, and liked the feel of that, just think: this stuff is like Burt's Bees on your head! Long story short, even without any scalp condition, I have found that this is invigorating. Definitely try it.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 6, 2014 10:00 PM
Review by Angeliinaa (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

DermaZinc Shampoo (pyrithione zinc) for Seborrheic Dermatitis: I lived with this condition years before I found DermaZinc shampoo. I tried everything. NOTHING ever helped, except a large shot of some kind of cortisone at a dermatologists office. That helped for a few weeks. 4 to 6 at most. DermaZinc worked well for me the first time. Like a miracle. I use it once to twice a week and have no breakthrough. My only complaint is it is very drying and you have to use a conditioner. My scalp is sensitive to most and will break out due to dyes or scent. When I first found it there was also a conditioner, which is no longer available, ALa Scalp I think. It was wonderful. Now I use as natural a conditioner as I can find like Burt's Bee's and try not to get much on scalp and rinse well. A bottle lasts 6months.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 25, 2014 12:29 AM
Review by AFRIENDSHA:

pyrithione zinc for Dandruff: As I snapped closed the lid to the dandruff shampoo which contained Pyrithione Zinc, the shampoo that was under the cap had shut directly in my eye causing immediate burning. I tried rinsing and rinsing a,but it was so hard to get my eye open. Once I took out my contact lense, the burning intensified. I went to bed that evening and awoke 2 hours later with severe pain,eye was swollen and closed shut with puss. I went to the emergency room & was told I had a chemical burn.

February 16, 2008 7:13 PM